Ranking
most of my post was on topic...haha

If you wish to speak to me about things like that, please send them through PM or post in the appropriate thread, Heroes of Newerth.
Just by responding like this is derailing the thread, so try to keep it strictly related to terraria please :3
~Lume
Last edited by Lume; May 4, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
CALL 911 NOW! WAAAAAB WAB WAB
Looks like a 2D minecraft with more focus on exploration and combat rather than mining and building.

I'll probably get it, it looks fun.
^

Yeah. The thing that troubles me is the tech-tree. It looks quite vast, I am not sure if that is such a good move so early.

If it were me, I would have focused on increasing map-size and polishing the core systems, tech-tree can easily be expanded later.

Besides that, it looks really complex with all these lasers and jetpacks and whatnot. But I guess the recipe system will help curb that. My worries will most likely be proven inconsequential when I actually play ^^
Yeah Gorman it looks like new recipes automatically open up when you have the materials for them, and are standing by the appropriate crafting device. I really like that idea, as it seems to lead to more intuitive exploration of what materials might make new items, without giving anything away.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about by watching all the Let's Play videos by the author and Blue.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah I have seen it, but even so, it looks like there are many many recipes with even a few basic materials, imagine when you have played a bit and have a variety of items, the list will be mammoth.

I hope they at least sort them well...
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Yeah I have seen it, but even so, it looks like there are many many recipes with even a few basic materials, imagine when you have played a bit and have a variety of items, the list will be mammoth.

I hope they at least sort them well...

Right now there is over 100 craftable items and they are going to steadily increase them even after the game is released. One of the things that draws me towards the game is the amazing speed Redigit works at.