Toribash
View Poll Results: What form of government suggested is best?
devil1337's suggestion
1 Votes / 16.67%
LWafflez's suggestion
5 Votes / 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

A couple things that could use rewording or more explaining.

Number 1: Maybe assign more definite powers to each to make it more clear cut on where the powers of one end and the powers of another begin.

Number 4: So everyone votes but they're not really making the decision since the council makes the decision? Or do you mean, the new applicants are decided by the council but everyone in the org gets to voice their concerns or comments about others joining?

Number 5: In personal conflicts, what exactly happens to the persons involved with said conflict? To me it doesn't seem like there's much anyone could do in a personal conflict situation other than be a 3rd party voice or some kind of mediator in a discussion.

Number 8: Seems like it can be a loophole for Number 2. If the leader doesn't like a guy he can just 'infract' him until there's a ban from the org. Maybe add something about infraction appeals that would go before the council if the infraction was believe to be wrongly earned.

It also has nothing about a democratic change in the leader or council.
Originally Posted by LWafflez View Post
A couple things that could use rewording or more explaining.

Number 1: Maybe assign more definite powers to each to make it more clear cut on where the powers of one end and the powers of another begin.

Number 4: So everyone votes but they're not really making the decision since the council makes the decision? Or do you mean, the new applicants are decided by the council but everyone in the org gets to voice their concerns or comments about others joining?

Number 5: In personal conflicts, what exactly happens to the persons involved with said conflict? To me it doesn't seem like there's much anyone could do in a personal conflict situation other than be a 3rd party voice or some kind of mediator in a discussion.

Number 8: Seems like it can be a loophole for Number 2. If the leader doesn't like a guy he can just 'infract' him until there's a ban from the org. Maybe add something about infraction appeals that would go before the council if the infraction was believe to be wrongly earned.

It also has nothing about a democratic change in the leader or council.

1. Well, the whole 50% power ratio was explained throughout the other points and I thought it would apply for future rules etc.

4. Everybody shares their opinion concerning the new application and the council will take note of it. However, it might be better to change the rule to:

If the application has 5 yes votes over no votes, then he is taken in consideration by the council. If it's the opposite, he will have to re-apply later on.

5. The commander can try to find a middle ground or just do what he sees fit. It depends on each conflict etc.

8. If the said user broke the rules of our org then it doesn't matter if the leader has something against him. But yeah, he could appeal to the council if he believes that he broke no rule and was infracted unjustly. Then the council can try and sort things out with the leader to reach a final verdict.
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
How about this.

1.The council has 50% of the power in the org. The other 50% is to the leader. Meaning that the council and leader are needed for decisions as to prevent power abuse from either of them.

2.The leader can only fire a member ( be it from the council or a regular one) if 60% of the council members agree to it, in order to prevent personal conflicts to affect official decisions.

3.Events and suggestions are taken in consideration if they receive at least +3 yes votes over no votes. After that events/suggestions are brought to the council first. If they decide they are good, they will take it up with the leader.

4.Everybody CAN vote on the new applications. It's only up to the council to make the final decision ( if a member is accepted or not).

5.A personal conflict in a branch is only brought up to a superior member, preferably the branch commander. Only he can bring it up to the council if he considers it worthy, otherwise he will attempt to resolve it himself.

If there is a conflict between members of different branches, just bring it up to one of their commanders.

6. If at least 5 members want another member removed, they can bring it up to the council. Otherwise, it will be considered a personal conflict ( see point 5 ).

7. The council and leader can appoint a small event team, in charge with organizing forum and ingame events of any kind. This way it we can become more popular and it will attract even more members and make the whole org more fun to be in for everybody.

8. The council and leader are the only ones who can give infractions in the org, and have moderator abilities on the forum. Upon reaching a specific amount of infractions points, the user is banned from the org for a week. Upon 3 bans, the user is permanently banned from the org.

I think this will do us good.
I also like the idea of the small event organizer team.

[QUOTE=
I second this, but I don't believe the council members should be able to hand out infractions, seeing as this could destroy the protection against personal conflict.
DAMN.
I like those rules, they seem pretty fair to me. If a majority of a group doesn't like someone, then they should be able to confront Rayleigh with it.
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
How about this.

1.The council has 50% of the power in the org. The other 50% is to the leader. Meaning that the council and leader are needed for decisions as to prevent power abuse from either of them.

2.The leader can only fire a member ( be it from the council or a regular one) if 60% of the council members agree to it, in order to prevent personal conflicts to affect official decisions.

3.Events and suggestions are taken in consideration if they receive at least +3 yes votes over no votes. After that events/suggestions are brought to the council first. If they decide they are good, they will take it up with the leader.

4.Everybody CAN vote on the new applications. It's only up to the council to make the final decision ( if a member is accepted or not).

5.A personal conflict in a branch is only brought up to a superior member, preferably the branch commander. Only he can bring it up to the council if he considers it worthy, otherwise he will attempt to resolve it himself.

If there is a conflict between members of different branches, just bring it up to one of their commanders.

6. If at least 5 members want another member removed, they can bring it up to the council. Otherwise, it will be considered a personal conflict ( see point 5 ).

7. The council and leader can appoint a small event team, in charge with organizing forum and ingame events of any kind. This way it we can become more popular and it will attract even more members and make the whole org more fun to be in for everybody.

8. The council and leader are the only ones who can give infractions in the org, and have moderator abilities on the forum. Upon reaching a specific amount of infractions points, the user is banned from the org for a week. Upon 3 bans, the user is permanently banned from the org.

1. No. There are branches for a reason. We need to use them; and benefit from each branch, so that checks and balances actually can work. The power cannot be 50/50. It can be 50/50 if its only related to a certain aspect, as in, dealing out org rules throughout the members. Thats fine.

2. Is fine if its on dealing rules throughout members

3. check #7

4.Thats fine

5. Fine too

6. within branches; the whole org, or both?

7. We need the branches to have responsibilities. that sounds like a good place to start

8. same as #7
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Council=People who decide on new members or important decisions really.

If you were to find there equivalent in the US government it would be the legislative branch. Branch leaders and the commander would be Executive. Both of these together would make the judicial.
DAMN.
Originally Posted by RayA75 View Post
1. No. There are branches for a reason. We need to use them; and benefit from each branch, so that checks and balances actually can work. The power cannot be 50/50. It can be 50/50 if its only related to a certain aspect, as in, dealing out org rules throughout the members. Thats fine.

2. Is fine if its on dealing rules throughout members

3. check #7

4.Thats fine

5. Fine too

6. within branches; the whole org, or both?

7. We need the branches to have responsibilities. that sounds like a good place to start

8. same as #7

I do agree with using the branches more effectively, however I do not see how this will happen. For instance, what if there is a certain issue in the army branch that needs to be dealt with swiftly, yet the branch commander isn't active? We don't have anybody with a position high enough to take his place within this branch. We could use the commander from the different branch to sort this out, but then it would render the whole concept pointless.

I did try to incorporate as much as I could the branch system in those rules. If you have an idea regarding this then I don't mind if you improve my suggestion.
-----
Originally Posted by Muur View Post
I second this, but I don't believe the council members should be able to hand out infractions, seeing as this could destroy the protection against personal conflict.

Council members can't hand out infractions personally. Only the council as a whole can do it.
Last edited by Zalmoxis; Mar 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump