Ranking
Not xerath's q or his ult, his stun maybe, its kind of short range

if you're talking about kog's ult, i think xerath beats him out at rank 1 of kog's ult, at 2 and 3 i think kog's is a bit longer.

[T]
#hi

AP kog is super fun and strong, but has really annoying laning phase and is mana dependant as fuck.

btw. kog at 1st rank beats out both xerath's ult and q in range.

@down
obviously saying ad kog is bad is absolute bullshit.

and btw. have your build include archangel's and probably roa as you need literally every single bit of mana you can grab.
Last edited by JtanK; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos

No one's good at Xerath.

But yeah, what you just said about AP Kog sounds pretty epic, makes me wanna buy him. Though saying he's not worth the ad isn't true, since his w makes him op as hell(though I don't know if tristana's endgame has greater range).

Regardless, I'm gonna buy him. Mind sharing your build, Oracle?
Hey got canned heat in my heels tonight baby
You know know know I'm gonna dance yeah
Originally Posted by NoCheerios View Post
Regardless, I'm gonna buy him. Mind sharing your build, Oracle?

longpostislong

Build and masteries:

21/0/9 masteries, all the ap offensive masteries and offensive summoners, and mana regen utility summoners and buff duration in utility. Summoners Ghost and Flash.

Skill priority: R > E > Q > W, first point in E, second in either W or Q, depending on whether you feel zoned or not (W for zoned), get the other at 4.

Standard build path: Dorans ring > Catalyst > RoA > Rabadons > Rylais > Void Staff > Lich Bane/Deathfire/AAStaff/Bloodrazor/Malady/WotA (last items in order of preference), basic boots when you need them, usually around Catalyst, though I've gone straight to RoA on good days. Upgrade them when you see fit, preferably after RoA. Sorc, merc, and lucidity are all good boot choices.

Rune page is variable. Flat armor seals and flat mr glyphs are always safe. Feel free to do a more aggressive page with flat mr seals and mp5 glyphs, though I don't recommend it. Marks can be flat AP, magic pen, or attack speed. Quints can be flat AP, magic pen, or movespeed. Attack speed might not be best as a quint, but it's plausible.

Theory and Tips (there are a LOT):

Doran's start because early laning phase should be fairly passive, mainly using auto attacks to last hit, but the extra health and mana regen are nice for a) not looking squishy as fuck early game and b) using your e (slow) to harass and assist with ganks. Ghost and flash are to help stave off early ganks. You will get ganked, and your slow is only effective as an escape if you spot the gank quickly and they don't use blinks or stuns to reduce your time to deploy it. Keep in mind that you have two ways to use it as an escape. One is to shoot it at the approaching enemies, then back off normally. Another, when escaping through a narrower path, would be to shoot it down your intended escape route then run down it. The enemy should not be able to follow you through it.

You can use your E to harass with a larger pseudo-range depending on how the enemy is moving. You can normally score easy hits if the enemy is moving up to harass or following his minion wave. An E straight towards him, before he's even in range, will take time to deploy outwards. The average player will not be able to react to it in time, even with boots, unless they are anticipating it, meaning they will walk right into it, allowing a free hit. Typically, you should be using this few and far between as a harass tool. Keeping over half your mana pool available is always smart as mid. It serves as a good guideline for mana mangement, intimidates the enemy into thinking you're saving for a full combo, and it leaves you an emergency reserve for escaping.

Upon hitting level 6, depending on your rune page, you can kill the caster minions with your level 3 void slime and ult. Level 4 slime and ult for sure. Around this time, you should have either blue or a catalyst. This is the most efficient way to farm with AP kog without having to micro individual creeps. It also can put pressure on the enemy player, as the average mid is ranged, so they tend to be around caster minions. This either forces them off to the side to avoid the shots, making it easier to gank, or will allow you to score some free hits while farming. If they walk on to the slow, get a free ult on them.

Whatever you do, don't go over the 2 stacks on your ult unless you're certain of getting a kill. At the third stack, your ult's damage is no longer efficient for it's mana cost. Don't go over-aggressive for kills until you receive ganks or are capable of picking up an easy one. Kog is capable of farming on par with mordekaiser with only a little bit more effort, so use that, plus your zoning ability, to create a large gold advantage over the enemy mid.

Kog during teamfights should fight in one of two ways. Both involve starting the same way, standing in the standard AP caster position, behind tanks and brusiers, alongside the AD carry. When the fight starts, use your slow to create positioning problems for the enemy team, use your Q on assassins if they dive you or the AD carry. From here, you have two options. One, you can stay around the AD carry, for the most range and damage, at the expense of some safety. Here, you should be using your W and R to pick off enemies, typically whoever your AD carry is focusing. AD carry + AP kog tend to melt any single target. Your other option is to back off slightly behind the AD carry and use your R to assist the bruisers and tanks, occasionally darting in to either hit some W's or to use your slow, should it come off CD. Both cases, you should be using your Q whenever possible on any enemy that gets too close to either you or the AD carry. The initial burst and armor/mr shred is scary useful and often overlooked.

Rabadons and Rylais can be alternated in order, depending on how you're doing in team fights. If your team is winning teamfights already, Rylais for the slow to secure kills. Rabadons for when you need more damage to turn teamfights around. It's worth noting that with my setup, with absolutely no bonuses to health outside of items, getting a RoA and Rylais will put you over 3000 hp easily. This makes you a less tempting target naturally, as you also should be balls deep behind your team. This gives you relatively free reign to wreck havoc with little to no threats.

Void Staff in general is just a nice item, but it really only shines in late game or if there's early itemizing. Get it when appropriate, though it typically should be your second last item if there wasn't early itemizing.

Lich Bane is a nice item for Kog, considering his ability to spam and large auto attack range. However, this is optional. Lich Bane can be substituted for a number of items. Archangels is pure damage, and is by no means a bad item for Kog. A larger mana pool, plus more damage is always welcome. You'll probably want to get it earlier though, as it is a snowball item, though it's still viable as a last item due to RoA. WotA is nice, but it's rarely necessary. Kog should be out of range from most damage to begin with and the hp he regens from spell vamp should be minuscule compared to his health. Nevertheless, it provides a source of sustainability, should you get hit here and there. Deathfire grasp is always nice on AP Kog. if 13% of your max health per auto attack is painful, getting hit for around 50% of your current health in one go is devastating. Keep in mind though that it has a VERY short range, so it's more of a way to deal with assassins more than anything else, who will be trying to dive you in teamfights. Nothing makes somebody panic more than suddenly losing half their health before you even use your actual spells.

If you need to have more of a single target presence during the fight, your last item can turn you into a hybrid AP/onhit kog. This type of kog will absolutely rape tanks, virtually no exceptions. The 13% of their health per auto attack, paired with an additional 4% from a bloodrazor can wreck a target in seconds. Even a malady would serve as a way to transition you. This changes your play style a bit, as you should be focusing on autoattacks more than your spells now, which means your ult should be used to either poke around in other people's little skirmishes, while attacking, or to get retreating enemies.

tl;dr: fuck you i put a lot more effort than i intended into this, read the fucking thing you twat.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games

Something is wrong with my LoL Shop :/

So i was playing LoL (obviously) and i felt like buying a WoTa so i asked Ed where i could find it and he said it gives you spell vamp, you can make it from a hextech revolver, so i had already purchased a hextech revolver and then for about 5minutes i was sitting there saying "Ed where is it, i cant find it?" xD then realised it was showing as a dfferent item :/
♥ mushu♥
Rofl, that's fucking great man. I don't think I've ever had a glitch like that.

Do you have a recommended item changer or anything like that?

Also while we're on the topic of glitches - anyone else get that health potion glitch? I try and press 2 or 3 or whichever slot the potion is in and it gives me a radius and option to use it wherever I like, like a spell that isn't smart casted. Though I can't use it on anyone but myself it's irritating having to to do in lane when I'm trying to farm and makes it difficult to quickly throw on a health pot when I have a DoT on me =\

Also WoTA is fucking brilliant, piss cheap for what it gives you plus the fact that it stacks once.
Nope no tampering :P or item changer and it was a one time thing because it came up properly the next game I think it only happens in Custom games on twisted tree lline :P , and yes spm is a pr0 item :PP .
It takes so long to get 6300ip :P , saving for fizz
♥ mushu♥
It's completely fine, got all the necessary items etc. Building all offense or getting survi is a matter of preference, especially on Karthus.

Only complaint would be jungling, maybe it's fun but you shouldn't jungle karthus because this is lol and THERE IS NO FUN ALLOWED AT ALL.
And to add an argument to this thesis, on sololane you will farm way faster and it's kinda important to farm shit like a god as karthus.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos