Ranking
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
might as well hand over that knife thanks in advance

also, complexity, let me save you the trouble and explain to you that comp 99% of the time will place you at or around where your current skill level is. if you're better, you'll climb, if you're worse, you'll fall. this is how it goes in most competitive games (league of legends for example)

if you find yourself not understanding this or disagreeing with what i just said, you probably should stop playing comp for the sake of people that play it and want to win

To be fair, there's always a question of validity to ranking systems. It may be accurately measuring something, but there's still a possibility it's not measuring what it's intending to measure. The margin of error with ranking is not evident, a person could just be on the high peak of their actual capabilities. And the separation of ranks is not clear cut. At what point can you distinguish adjacent ranks from each other? Is it even possible to do so? Every ranking system that does not make their method of evaluation public is up for question on validity.

That being said, there's a correlation along the broader spectrum. Lowbobs will lose to the top rank almost universally. So rankings should be taken with a grain of salt.

Plus, individual mechanics are one part of the equation. A great awper with bad teamplay will forever be a pubstar, but a good awper with good teamwork can go much farther.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
lag got gold
he's my her0
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Plus, individual mechanics are one part of the equation. A great awper with bad teamplay will forever be a pubstar, but a good awper with good teamwork can go much farther.

need to work on mechanics myself

i feel like i understand teamwork and what to do in comp (at least where i'm placed) but my mechanics aren't reliable and often times i lose matchups i should win because of it