Toribash
No reason, I just feel its nasty.
Also it started to happen sometime when I was a brat, since my mother told me I had no problem with those animals before.
Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
No reason, I just feel its nasty.
Also it started to happen sometime when I was a brat, since my mother told me I had no problem with those animals before.

I wonder what made the difference.
For me, the thing I absolutely loathe is when people make absolute truth claims on either faulty logic/evidence or no evidence at all.
The other day I was speaking to somebody who made the claim that some obscure opinion-based thing happened to be true based on "statistical studies" that had been done. When I probed him as to what these studies were or if he'd even seen them, he said that he hadn't. Upon probing him even further, it came down to him saying that he had heard other people say it. When I was finally finished probing, he said that he believed it because it was "true in [his] mind" and so that made it true.

Things like that irk me.
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
Originally Posted by Uberis View Post
When people are on their phones mid conversation. Makes me want to destroy their phones.

That one doesn't bother me nearly as much, but I understand it.
It's a little rude. ><

Has it happened to you a lot before?
Yes. Especially in the new class which is full of girls. I just see my classmates having conversation, they are all standing in circle and are on their phones, and talking about something phone related. I usually can't fit in to conversations cause they are showing stuff to each other on their phones and when I come to take a peek, they go like the fuck dude, it is personal stuff. Probably isn't anything important. Also my 1st semester crush did it a lot. I'm talking to her and she starts texting with her friends and bf too. She told me that it is urgent and that she isn't doing that because she is bored around me. Happens a lot with other girls too. Sometimes I notice that the person has not heard anything I or anyone else said. I see that happening in other classes too. I guess starting a conversation is hard nowadays.
Wow, people like that will get shunned here.
Everyone always hang around with the same group in my class, but they don't mind "outsider" joining the conversation. I'm not close to anyone particularly except my old friends from high school, luckily they're all easy to approach.
Originally Posted by Uberis View Post
Yes. Especially in the new class which is full of girls. I just see my classmates having conversation, they are all standing in circle and are on their phones, and talking about something phone related. I usually can't fit in to conversations cause they are showing stuff to each other on their phones and when I come to take a peek, they go like the fuck dude, it is personal stuff. Probably isn't anything important. Also my 1st semester crush did it a lot. I'm talking to her and she starts texting with her friends and bf too. She told me that it is urgent and that she isn't doing that because she is bored around me. Happens a lot with other girls too. Sometimes I notice that the person has not heard anything I or anyone else said. I see that happening in other classes too. I guess starting a conversation is hard nowadays.

I know exactly what you're talking about.
At the school I went to years ago, I would see groups of "friends" standing around in a circle just texting people and not paying attention to one another.
Honestly, it's like we're transitioning into a world where we are slowly becoming more and more disconnected from those around us.
I'm not one to talk though because I'm a fairly antisocial person myself, but I at least acknowledge other people when they speak with me in person.

Wow, people like that will get shunned here.
Everyone always hang around with the same group in my class, but they don't mind "outsider" joining the conversation. I'm not close to anyone particularly except my old friends from high school, luckily they're all easy to approach.

So, the whole texting thing isn't as awful in the groups where you are?
The problem might be different here.

To answer your question, no, they won't text if they are hanging around with their groups, if someone do he/she usually ask for permission to do so.
But people here texting a lot if they are not having a conversation, everywhere, during class, eating, playing, even when taking a dump.

Basically, they will stop and pay attention if they have someone to talk with.
The problem might be different here.

To answer your question, no, they won't text if they are hanging around with their groups, if someone do he/she usually ask for permission to do so.
But people here texting a lot if they are not having a conversation, everywhere, during class, eating, playing, even when taking a dump.

Basically, they will stop and pay attention if they have someone to talk with.

Ah, that's not bad in my opinion.
I only find it negative when it starts taking precedence over other things such as communicating with someone in person, your schooling or own life, etc.
who else here is angry?
-----
hungry
Last edited by XPaD; Jan 20, 2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump