Toribash
So ya turns out that when I'm sick, I'm on toribash a lot more, so ya disregard my post :3
Thedevill:im 20 years
Thedevill:i have better to do
Haha nice nice. Glad you'll stay and hope you'll feel better soon!
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

System hangs are now to the point where I have to use Safe Mode to go on this computer. Still looking for a fix. Might take longer than expected.

EDIT: Slight progress. Not extravagant, but I'm getting to the bottom of things now.
Last edited by Shift; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Inq | GM | ORMO | Replay Thread
Need help with anything? PM me
Beta | Orko | Uric | Vodka | Aj | Ed | Firebolty | EJM | ChuckNinja
<[Obey]PlataBear> I yolo so hard erth looks up from his toilet
EJM wants me to change my name back. What say you, folks?
Originally Posted by Assazin View Post
System hangs are now to the point where I have to use Safe Mode to go on this computer. Still looking for a fix. Might take longer than expected.

EDIT: Slight progress. Not extravagant, but I'm getting to the bottom of things now.

I'm a techie in real life, shoot me a pm with what its doing and I'll see what I can do. And yes, DESPITE me having/using a macbook, I know how to work a windows computer just as well >_>
I'm a techy =P just tell me what's going on I;ve fixed dozens of comps and seen just about everything out there.
Kingpin reppin 2151. Kingdomz Clan Leader and Proud Member. KINGDOMZ THE CLAN OF KINGZ <---- Dead clan but keepin siggy to remember it
So Windows 7 Home Premium computer getting DCOM errors = suspicious. Considering I've never had problems with it before, nor did I even know it existed up until now, arouses more suspicion. I believe it to be a rootkit of some sort, so I'm running some diagnostics now and seeing where that gets me.

Error messages from my Event Viewer as of recent:

DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service stisvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service McAfee SiteAdvisor Service with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{5A90F5EE-16B8-4C2A-81B3-FD5329BA477C}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030} ( got two of these in a row)

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

I have an SQL update, but I can't update as it hangs before I can get to the installation. So, watdo?
Even though you are trying to work on assazin's inactivity, it would be preferred if you do soin the discussion thread ;)
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Very excited, I think I may have solved the mystery. Not sure though. However, I've noticed a much faster response time than before.

There were two registry keys that looked extremely suspicious, and I deleted them.

Seems like things are running okay, but it's still freezing occasionally.
Move to gen disc Assy, I'll post my hunch there.
Kingpin reppin 2151. Kingdomz Clan Leader and Proud Member. KINGDOMZ THE CLAN OF KINGZ <---- Dead clan but keepin siggy to remember it
AAAANNNDDD almost done.

All I have to do is find the audio service, enable it, and Assazin is back in the business.

Love you guys. <3