Toribash
Originally Posted by Jonggi View Post
It was developed by Activision. COD4+ was by IW.

Thats why COD4 is beast. Any way, Yeah modern games are not original. My favorite game (old as well like 2002) is a game called Legaia 2 duel saga. Its quite original.
There are many modern games that are original - it's just that they aren't funded as much, and thus a smaller portion of the already smaller income goes to the marketing. Just look at anything the indie game market has produced recently. For example, minecraft, while I personally don't like the game, is a pretty neat concept. Not even just the indie market, but some big games are pretty innotive - Mass Effect 2, for example, delivers a story very seemlessly in a way never seen before in RPGs. Assassin's Creed is by all means a modern game - and it has a pretty unique, although boring, combat system along with a pretty unique overall concept. (Only the hitman series focused itself on realistic assisinations as far as I know of, and that was during the present day)

But I do agree with you on one point, shooters are not really innotive this day. Compare it to Halo back in the day - there were some really neat concepts in that game. Tribe, Unreal Tournument with its wacky weapons, etc. You're seeing less and less of these and more semi-relastic gritty shooter games like COD4 with little orginality. There are a couple of games that expand on this concept, like Singularity, or Just Cause 2, but they don't really go far - and there aren't many of them.

WALL'O TEXT, I LIKE DEM!

Still playing LoL btw, anyone here play it too?
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
I have a strong feeling I am going to LOVE Elder scrolls Skyrim

its like oblivion, only alot better in every way!
When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!
Originally Posted by Deprived View Post
Still playing LoL btw, anyone here play it too?

Well, I'm playing it but I only play like 1 match a week or so.
I just don't have the time to play more since matches can take up to 2 hours(a friend did it)
Proud member of [Pandora]
Don't really know about Skyrim, looks like another dissapointment like new vegas.
Toribash is a pretty cool guy, eh plays aikido and doesnt afraid of noobpushers.
New Vegas was a disappointment? I loved it much more than Fallout 3.

But yeah, I heard they simplified Skyrim quite a bit.
crazylars: Nope, I'm just dumb
I miss you Foxfaeg, I will never forget you <3
Crysis 2 in five days, said to have much better graphics than the first. Highly undoubtful that they can do such a thing, I want this game.

Thoughts?
I am going to get it wether it looks better than the first one or not... the first part I have played in the beta looked really good!
When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!