Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
You don't seem to understand how little qualitative arguments hold in actual games. I've played games where I've gotten 30+ assists as Blitz within 20 minutes, and we still wind up losing because the enemy team farms creeps and makes up the gold difference. The team with 50 - 20 in the score board can still lose because the gold difference finally catches up and item-wise everyone is now on equal footing. You set back a player by a minute or so every time you kill them, but that doesn't matter as the game progresses. You set yourself back everytime you go and assist your team, so past a certain point going for that extra 40g on the 0/5 cait or the 0/3 maokai is not worth the gold you would have earned if you stayed in lane.

You are forgetting the only important aspect.
CSing is not fun =D

But if you're tryharding it's stupid to not cs.
Last edited by Hippybob; Apr 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
You have failed to understand my concept.
say that JUST ME got 12 kills,
that would leave the people i killed, making them weaker then say the rest of my team due to not being alive to farm/assist and get kills. Since they are weaker then my teammates then originally my teammates should be able to win lane and get farmed/fed. Which eventually leads to winning the game, rather then ignoring your teammates and getting yourself farmed. Early and Mid game reflects late game.
HELPING TEAM BY KILLING ENEMIES> FARMING INSTEAD OF PARTICIPATING

Actually Early to Mid game doesn't reflect late game as much. A team can go for a late game comp (with characters like trynd, vayne, kogmaw, cass, mundo etc) and while they may lose early to mid by a bit, if they just farm then they'll start winning late game. You can however opt for an early to mid game comp and hope to end the game before late game. So you're wrong, your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.
Also if you're nasus, for the first 20-30 minutes farming >>>>>>>>>>> helping team mates.
EDIT: cs'ing shouldn't be just when you're "tryharding". It's a vital part of the game. So learn to CS. I've had lanes where I go 0/3, but because I have 200 more creeps than them I win in the end.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
As an easier way to express this, there's a very simple statement to represent why cs is more important than kills (with a long ass explanation).

The most common misconception people have is that kills win games. However, if you look at this statement, there's something flawed about this. One, while kills at key moments are ultimately what allow you to take down turrets and the nexus uncontested or relatively uncontested, you have to first wonder HOW you get kills.

Kills are earned by 3 primary factors: good plays, bad plays, and gold difference. Good plays and bad plays will always fluctuate continuously with little control, but gold differences can be controlled and maintained, making them the only effective control for influencing kills. By getting kills, one increases the gold difference between themselves and the player killed. This makes further kills easier against said player.

This then allows you to simplify the statement that kills win games. Kills have to be earned someway, therefore you can conclude that the most stable way to get kills is to get more gold. Therefore, since gold gets kills, and kills win the game, then gold wins the game.

But then you have to ask, how do you get gold? Sure you get gold by waiting, but that's slow and inefficient, so doing just that won't work. You get gold by getting kills, but this is the hardest source of gold in the game. It involves taking out the most health, requires the most planning, and requires the most resources (health, mana, cd, time, etc.) than almost any other source of gold on the map, and it will only on average give 100-300 gold per kill. The average team will only get 5-10 kills within 20 minutes in total (on a decent match). This is only an additional 3000 gold at max, though it's more likely closer to 1.5-2.5k gold.

But then there are creeps. Probably the easiest source of gold in the game because they're just... plain... dumb. They walk in straight, predictable paths, do not retreat when low on health, and give 1/15th the gold a kill will normally give. This means that on average, every kill is worth around 15 cs. Now, the average team will earn 5-10 kills in the first 20 minutes, that's only 75-150 creeps. However, decent players will easily earn 150-250 creeps within the first 20 minutes by themselves. BY THEMSELVES. They have effectively earned the same amount of gold that the team earned collectively through kills, and then more, with NOBODY HELPING THEM. Multiply this by mid lane, top lane, and bot's ad carry, and you now have well over 4x the gold earned through kills earned through just 3 of the 5 players. The jungle probably has earned somewhere between half of that, and the support probably has no cs, so that's an additional 75-125 creeps approximately. That's still pretty much the gold earned by the team through kills at that point. And that's excluding the fact that the support probably has gp10's supplementing their income.

tl;dr: Creeps earn gold most efficiently, gold differences are the primary factor in obtaining kills, kills at the right moment will win games. Through the transitive property, one can conclude that killing creeps is the most likely way to win games.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
tl;dr

What you seem to be forgetting Oracle though is that only noobs farm. As a non-noob, I refuse to waste my time by farming. I have no need to make a steady source of income because I am a God and get a kill every 2 minutes to make up for it. Expect to see my team at IPL, scumbag.

P.S. this tactic is fail proof. I suicide every 3 kills to the turret to make sure that the enemy doesn't get my killing spree gold.
Last edited by Numbers; Apr 3, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Aha! Started playing again but on the NA servers so I can play with my Friends, tried out Jungling as Nunu, had some fun like always with Veigar and I want to find a champ that has stuns and burst damage :S Anyone reccomend one?
Eveylnn is the best champ there is
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks