Toribash
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Karq View Post
http://www.ebuyer.com/612425-acer-k2...amMaArKQ8P8HAQ

Sadly i cant play comp matches rn so i have scrounge off 1v1 servers

Meh, nice price, but I can and am going to invest a bit more for something better.

Going for 60hz then.

Anybody up for some matches?
Originally Posted by Gambi321 View Post
Meh, nice price, but I can and am going to invest a bit more for something better.

Going for 60hz then.

Anybody up for some matches?

Sure, PM me your steam
-----
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
Anyone could go pro if they really set out to do so, but it's not going to come easy and isn't the most likely thing in the world, but always a possibility.

And no, most cant go pro no matter how many hours they put in. The same way as in regular sports, you can't go pro with practice only. There is massive amount of talent involved.
If it was only about practice the best players would always be old "veterans" from 1.6. That is not true tho, there is constantly new talent emerging. Look at players like s1mple for example.
One of the best players in the world, very young with a lot of talent.

You need talent and practice both in order to go pro.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 25, 2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
My rig is pretty expensive. Don't want to say the price, but it is. My story is, better gear does help, but at the end of the day, you and only you can make yourself get better. For me, it's worth it to invest in a 144hz, 1920 x 1080 monitor. Not because it is better, but because I like the feel over 120/60. Everything is all up to you.

If you want a better experience, invest in gear. If you cant for any reason that may come up, that's ok too, get what you can .

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
And no, most cant go pro no matter how many hours they put in. The same way as in regular sports, you can't go pro with practice only. There is massive amount of talent involved.
If it was only about practice the best players would always be old "veterans" from 1.6. That is not true tho, there is constantly new talent emerging. Look at players like s1mple for example.
One of the best players in the world, very young with a lot of talent.

You need talent and practice both in order to go pro.

I think you missed the biggest key word, I said specifically, "could", I never stated that if you did practice enough you will become pro. It is however always a possibility for someone to do so though.
Again, "possibility" not, "probability"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
Anyone could go pro if they really set out to do so

Literally means everyone has the capacity to go pro.
Everyone doesn't.
Most people don't.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 25, 2016 at 02:49 PM.
Smh cowmeat, I don't think you understand my meaning of "could".
I am not saying everyone does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
I think you should use the word may or might instead of could.
(While could theoretically is correct, I think it expresses a too high probability, considering that not even 1% (not sure) of all players are GE and most of them aren't even acknowlegded as pro's.)
And at Cowmeat: Can vs could.
Correct me, if I'm wrong, because I am not a native speaker.
Last edited by Gambi; Oct 26, 2016 at 09:05 AM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Literally means everyone has the capacity to go pro.
Everyone doesn't.
Most people don't.

Not everyone is born with a god given talent, some have to work and practice, it applies to everything. You want to have the best jumpshot in the history, you have to work for it. Stephen Curry(who I despise) can shoot the ball, yeah he was good at a young age but it took practice, sure he had the talent because his dad was a player and everything but there are some people who aren't athletically stable who are capable, which also applies to CS. You may not be amazing at the game at first, but you can pick up easy, practice and practice and you can become pro, I can't say this first hand since I'm not too good at the game myself
Originally Posted by Doxing View Post
Not everyone is born with a god given talent, some have to work and practice, it applies to everything. You want to have the best jumpshot in the history, you have to work for it. Stephen Curry(who I despise) can shoot the ball, yeah he was good at a young age but it took practice, sure he had the talent because his dad was a player and everything but there are some people who aren't athletically stable who are capable, which also applies to CS. You may not be amazing at the game at first, but you can pick up easy, practice and practice and you can become pro, I can't say this first hand since I'm not too good at the game myself

As an example of not needing talent, you provided me with one of the most talented players in a different sport with amazing genetics. Well done.
He's the first person to come to mind, let's use Gordon Hayward for example then, white dude, decent in high school, played at Butler University and took them to 2 NCAA championships, he practiced and practiced to become better because he had so many areas to improve, he was negated and already frowned upon making it to the league, and he's now a starting guard for the Jazz, so this can be tied to CS, practice can help, you've told me first hand that you've gotten your talent from other games, and that you barely practice just dm a bunch, therefore tou have a good talent for the game. Doesn't mean someone who isn't good has to practice a lot can't become better and turn pro, so yeah I did give you a bad example, but he still practiced