Toribash
View Poll Results: is streak 35 Good
Yes
5 Votes / 45.45%
No
6 Votes / 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

The thing about wushu is that it has a long turnframe, which you grow used to. Then when the short turn frames hit you in aikido, you can tweak your moves more freely, while also thinking the long term like wushu. So your multi tasking. Looking at whats infront of you now, and whats going to happen in the future.
Wushu gives you some understanding of Toribash physics, but I wouldn't draw a parallel between those two, as they are too... different. In my opinion aikido utterly, totally, amazingly fails at openers - I had played it some time (not too much, but still), and it every time or every 2-3 games some idiots made always the same fucking opener. I think you know which one, if you play it too. It seems not so open (in the beginning it's mostly visible) as games with bigger e-d, such as wushu, and grab makes me shudder ;p. It's totally overused at times,and it simplifies sticking to enemy too much. Summary : aikido? I'm not convinced, yet.
deady: "Sahee (...) you bitter Pollock (...)"
Some people kept trying to do n00b claps on me... But they failed miserably :}

You can kind of argue that because more than half the people you fight in aikido wants to n00b clap you (or shuffle... whatever they call it) you can create an opener that counters it... Which is what I did :> Kick their legs as soon as they grab you, which gets them off the ground, and then you can drop them off outside the dojo.

Anyways, I had an awesome match with SgtBean so here it is for j00 to see:
Attached Files
tourney.rpl (43.7 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by scheczudio; Oct 24, 2008 at 12:38 PM.
[A L P H A]
Well I didn't think about noobclap, but that's even worse schecz >.>. I meant this opener a'la kickboxing kick.
Lol? Noobclap is hilarious! Especially when it's not a noobclap and a headbutt OF DOOM!... STARDOOM! SUPERSTARDOOM! RAWR!
-I am Unsatisfied.... the blood of children is not enough, no... I need fresher.... I need... TEENAGE PROSTITUTES!
-RelaxAll, for the soul, heart, mind, and any drug addictions you may/may not be suffering from!
"Also please note that sometimes the staff gets a wee bit pissy.
If you encounter a moderator when they're in a pissy mood, and you get banned... All I can say is: BAD LUCK" -Veb
There? Small right? Feel happier? Yes you do! OH YES YOU DO!... pls?
Yeah, aikido is pretty fun. I usually play it if none of you guys are on and I want some quick wins.
[RelaxAll]

Jeremy - You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b...
It's not about countering them, but the fact that such idiocies narrow the gameplay posibilities tremendously. Everything has a counter, but if you find yourself commonly fighting against one opener, using your counters, then tell me what fun is that? You might as well play same moves in sp, fighting vs uke (people like that are about as inventive as him ;3). I know it might be fun playing with the right oponnent, but still it's not the "right" mode to do if it generally has so many "abuses" of many sorts, rite? Anyway I know there are many people who don't play like this, and matches with them could be really pleasant. Scheczudio included (even having him on top of my list probably) ;). So yea, we can test that talent of yours soon.