Toribash
Originally Posted by Nearly View Post
Whatever works man, estocs are easy to parry in pvp so I never understood everyone that complains about it and the dark sword

Yeah I guess so. I'm actually progressing through the game which is nice, currently at undead settlement (Vordt was a godamn pushover lmao). Dying and just running back to the point through shortcuts with Spook is neat too.
Originally Posted by pargu View Post
WAPOW

WAPOW
h
have you bought DS3

i hope you have

Otherwise i'd have told you to save the money for DS3 instead, it's pretty damn good. Those DLC areas are populated with enemies that exist solely to make life terrible for caster characters, since all their resistances are SKY HIGH. To make matters worse, almost all the bosses in the DLC area are harder than pretty much any of the vanilla bosses. :U (looking at you, double giant snow tiger fight)

MEANWHILE i have managed to beat DS3, and oh man that final boss. Getting through the last few areas without CONSTANT invasions is the worst part, though. Either you go offline and solo through some of the most difficult areas in the game, or you go online and face invaders at the absolute max frequency. This wouldn't be too bad if they'd just come straight for you, but it saddens me to say that most invaders are terrible people who'd rather wait 15 minutes for you to come into an extremely obvious death trap (and then run away to the next group of mobs when that fails) than they would just get it over with. I don't go online to serve their perverse PvP urges, and anyone expecting me to fight them fairly can kindly go fuck themselves because they are not welcome in the first place. Unquestionably the part that i hate the most about the Souls series, full stop. There are plenty of things that From could have done to shorten invasions, such as putting invaders on a timer or giving invaders an anti-estus aura (thus preventing themselves and nearby other players from chugging), but no, they saw it perfectly reasonable for invaders to be able to hang around FOREVER. So, they can just camp somewhere and effectively halt your game, and you can do jack shit about it because you can't banish them (without a boss fight) and you can't quit while they're there. That's not good game design, which stands out like a sore thumb among the rest of the game features.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
well, i wouldn't exactly be just saving for ds3. i'd be saving for ds3 and a new console, or computer build

which is some extra mones i don't quite have at the moment, but it is a plan of mine!!!

but hey, the dlc pack was relatively cheap. going to have to start ANOTHER NG though because, on the character i was using, i ran out of human effigies and didn't feel like farming for them, so i started ng+

also

FUCK AAVA
FUCK FUME KNIGHT
FUCK RETURNING SMELTER DEMON
FUCK THE 3 PVP-ISH BOSS FIGHT PEOPLE

ds2 dlc was fucking stupid ridiculous, i'm a melee character and it still made my life kind of hell

speaking of ds3 though, i've been watching game grumps play it. they're terrible, but not as terrible as i thought. if any of you guys are ever playing ds3 and are capable of streaming it, i'm totally down for watching

otherwise, share ds2 builds with me so i can stop getting destroyed in the brotherhood of blood arena
beware
the goblin
Well, ever since my last post about ds3 I have gone to NG+3, decided to do a full gundyr cosplay. Has been pretty fun so far, fighting the 4th lord of cinder, its enjoyable. The weapon art is pretty rad too. Will probably do a dual demon fist run next, fist weapons are fun.
h
Well shit, you took to the game much faster than me then. Not that i'd ever claim to be an actually competent Souls player, of course. :U (also champion gundyr confirmed for awesome yet brutal boss fight because holy shit he's aggressive)

also Marrez JUST YOU FUCKING WAIT TILL YOU GET TO THE GLACIAL OUTSKIRTS

You think Aava is bad? How about TWO AAVAS after one of the most annoying areas in all of the DLCs? It's the one boss in DS2 that i've never beaten, partly because you have to go through the frozen hell that is the Glacial Outskirts before getting to it.

As for streaming DS3, if you're on Steam then sure i can enable broadcasting (planning on making a new character anyways, possibly a fat lady who uses BIG CLUBS for smashing puny non-fat people), but note that i kind of suck. Still can't reliably beat the tutorial boss on the first go. :v
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
Well shit, you took to the game much faster than me then. Not that i'd ever claim to be an actually competent Souls player, of course. :U (also champion gundyr confirmed for awesome yet brutal boss fight because holy shit he's aggressive)

also Marrez JUST YOU FUCKING WAIT TILL YOU GET TO THE GLACIAL OUTSKIRTS

You think Aava is bad? How about TWO AAVAS after one of the most annoying areas in all of the DLCs? It's the one boss in DS2 that i've never beaten, partly because you have to go through the frozen hell that is the Glacial Outskirts before getting to it.

As for streaming DS3, if you're on Steam then sure i can enable broadcasting (planning on making a new character anyways, possibly a fat lady who uses BIG CLUBS for smashing puny non-fat people), but note that i kind of suck. Still can't reliably beat the tutorial boss on the first go. :v

Ds3 is easier every ng, atleast for me. No new enemy placement is probably the biggest bummer. Its hella fun tho. With this character, the first ng was dome in coop with gram, and it was a ton of fun.

Champion gundyr is awesome, yeah. Once you get his parry timings down tho its pretty much just parry, riposte, parry, ripose etc. Iudex is pretty nice for practicing parrying, even tho I practiced more on the two silver knights infront of the aldritch boss fight
Also I would hella love to see ya broadcast a fat lady smashing things with a big club
Last edited by duck; Jun 8, 2016 at 02:26 PM.
h
i'll re-download steam

also i couldn't even get to the glacial outskirts, farming for 50 loyce souls is fucking ridiculous

EDIT: nvm already had it

steam name?
Last edited by Marrez; Jun 8, 2016 at 08:54 PM.
beware
the goblin
uhhhhhhhh

well

this

There's apparently more than one Shook, but i do have the same avatar as here. :v

also Gargon i didn't do no parrying no sir

i just had a big fat shield and a club

Sword Master parried him once, though i didn't get to capitalize on it. :U