Toribash
Originally Posted by micho View Post
aerox21 had a sig with that render if my memory serves well

I made it for him :L. I tried using it again though because I never finished that sig and I didn't really like it.
-----
Originally Posted by Dirtnapp View Post
Since surfs made a sig I did to:

Really, really, really needs a background man. Without it you can't create any sort of depth, lighting or flow very well. I find transparent sigs a bit dull as well

Your smudging isn't bad, however, it's generally not best to smudge outwards from the person. It destroys flow, flow only has one direction, not multiple. There are exceptions to this rule but directions that kind of come out of the focal aren't very widely accepted. Your smudge technique doesn't seem bad at all though, the effect itself is rather pleasing to the eye.

^See how everything is uniform and moving in the same direction.

My next issue is the scan lines, Carl predicted it. Yeah I hate them, in this sig, they don't fit your flow at all, the natural flow of the render (look at how he's holding the gun and the angle of his body) is opposite to the direction of the scan lines.

The text is actually fairly well executed. I mean it blends pretty well. However, it doesn't change the fact that I hate text. It just annoys me, it almost creates a second focal, if you get what I mean. But as far as text goes, I quite like it.
Last edited by surf; Mar 13, 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
you said yourself your CnC is gonna look like u hate the piece but I can actually take your pointers and execute these changes which you dont get from alot of "Critics".

Cheers bro.
Really like that there surf, Subtle yet the flow, lighting is perfect. Is that little C4D's you've included? cause there pretty sexy man good job.

Also first piece with my tablet.

Pretty awesome man. The snow could blend a bit better though. Nonetheless great job.

Same with you surf. I'm really liking the colors. I suck a CnC

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Dirtnapp: Can I ask you for a quick bit of advice please?

Right so I'm trying to go completely resource free and never use someone else's resource again. As someone who's done a bit of traditional art and shit before, on the circles which overlap, should I be burning the one's below slightly, if you get what I mean. So they're shadowing a little. I have no idea about this sort of stuff, I haven't even touched a pencil or pen since I was in year 6 so I missed out on any sort of art class.
-----

I think I got it right that time.
Last edited by surf; Mar 22, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, the second one is far better, the shadowing in between the blocks and the overlap it creates adds depth that the first one lacks, even with the lighting.

Develop out a background for those circles and it would be sex.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Second ones is a hell of a lot better, put it this way just make sure u have a definet light source pin pointed and everything that lies behind an object gets shaded slightly. All id say to improve the second one is to extend the shadow a lil it seesm to just stop you need to fully blur it out with a lower opacity burn. If done correctly this will look ace, i like what your trying to do.