Toribash
Shaking Willows

Suddenly, the door to the common room bursts open as a slightly pudgy man homes in on Bryce. He's drenched in sweat and carrying a leather scrip. How he could run enough to be a messenger is beyond comprehension.

"My lord Bryce," he gasps, "I've looked all over for you! They... they're... oh gods," he stammers, and it becomes apparent he's also frightened half to death.
Shaking Willows

Nic stands in shock, looking back and forth at the messenger and Bryce.
Pickled is alright
And fresh is quite a delight
Creati0n-approved
Shaking Willows

In an instant, Bryce stands and is halfway across the room.

"What is it?"

Bryce walks outside with the messenger, looking around for any sign of what may be the cause of his distress.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Shaking Willows

Nic, still surprised, slowly follows Bryce and the messenger outside after a quick run to his room to equip his broadsword as he fastens it to his side.

"What's going on?"
Pickled is alright
Creati0n-approved
Shaking Willows

The man visibly swallows and attempts to gain composure. He does, but just enough to say,

"They're coming... the rebels..." he pauses and lets out a shuddering breath.

"The rebels are marching on Porte, my lord... with at least ten thousand men, led by Galt Medeis. They'll be here within days."
Shaking Willows

Bryce stops in his tracks. His eyes shoot from the messenger, to Nicholai, back to the messenger. He nods thanks to the messenger.

He begins to share his thoughts in rapid-fire,
"Send a pigeon to Saxum about this if they don't already know. We need banners and we need them immediately. Keep armed ships along the river between Porte and Saxum to keep transport ships safe to carry supplies and men. Mention the Aculei as well."

Bryce turns his attention to Nicholai,
"Now you, inform the houses of Porte,- on second thought, leave that to me. But make sure the town is ready for siege. Ensure that a stockpile is prepared and defenses are bolstered."
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Shaking Willows

"At once, my lord." The messenger turns to leave, but stops and spins back around. "Lords Caryotte, you should probably go to Riverkeep... if it pleases, that is." This time he leaves.
Shaking Willows

Nic, trying to gain his train of thought, runs back to the Inn too gather his men and commands that they follow him with Bryce to the council.
Pickled is alright
Creati0n-approved
Shaking Willows

Bryce hardly pays attention to Nicholai and his men as he gathers his guards and readies his horse. As he rides off with his guards and Nic and his men in tow, every possible coming situation plays through his head. If Galt decides to assault the few men of Porte, all is lost already.

When Bryce nears Riverkeep, his party slows to a trot. As more ideas form in his head, turns to Nicholai.

"How many strong is your host?"
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Shaking Willows

Nic shrugs and turns around, counting each of his men one by one. He chuckles and turns around with a smirk on his face.

"Haha, just kidding. I have 140 men, i'm sure we can take them Bryce.. he-he.."
Last edited by Donut; Sep 21, 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Pickled is alright
Creati0n-approved