Toribash
Very interesting card game mr 8OJ4N! Looks very fun.

I think combos should be a bit more important and easier to use than just the turnover cards. For example being able to link attacks together to deal more damage or link defensive cards together to block more, or link an attacking card to a defensive card to counter. I don't like the dice element either, seems unnecessary :P How about having each card have a 'preferred state', eg A move like ariel kick makes you end with an 'ariel' state. it's easier to noob clap when on the ground, so if you are on the ground it deals 2.2k instead of 1.8k. Having just 'aeriel' and 'grounded' states is enough to have some sort of strategy. Eg if you have a 'jump kick' that gives bonus damage for starting from ground and ends at aerial and a 'noob clap' that gives bonus for starting at ground and ends at ground, then you want to link together noob clap then jump kick so you can get bonus damage. It would be fun to think about linking combos like in fighting games. You could also have turnovers like "shovel" that throw your opponent in to the air to break their combo!

(BTW I hope you guys don't mind invade, I'm gorman)
Last edited by ImmortalCow; Jul 5, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Mine approach to this game was:

- easy to learn, hard to master
- random options with the elements of risk
- fast paced game

I'm sure all concept can be made to be another 'magic-the-gathering-omg-so-may-cards-so-many-things-to-learn-my-life-will-end' concept, but I wanted this game to resemble Toribash in it's pure form. Anyway, if this will someday be game for phones then it's perfect since ppl play those games while they wait a bus/fast food XD, so they just kick Hamapa's ass and get onto bus/eat food XD.
-----
Also, game is in the beta stage, we will see where the concept will go when we open an org.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 5, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I know but it's still luck!

Though if you think about it, there's 50% chance of dealing more damage, 33.33% chance of dealing less damage, and of course 16.66% chance of dealing the same damage, so it makes sense to roll every time (though optimally you need to look at the damage of other cards, and think about your chance to beat the average damage because of the way defense cards work etc)

Also balancing random chance will be super hard :P
the mechanics is perfect as it is, seriously, we tested it several times. it all depends on how you will balance your deck
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
First thing that came into my mind when I was thinking about the card game was: ''How the fuck will I present those ridicules moments in wushu when u graze someones butt and got like over 10 K of points?''
Ah, yeah - DICE! XD

The one thing that I like the most in this game is that you can't predict how the mach will end. You just can't! Surprises are so fun that just for that I like to play it! :}
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 5, 2012 at 06:19 PM.