Toribash
Is anyone else noticing that the game runs fine on far render distance, but it lags on tiny or short? Or is that just my laptop?
that's how I have it. with no fog, or rather the "far render distance" I am more prone to crashing, but lag the least, as to having alot of fog, or "tiny render distance" makes me less prone to crashing, but I lag like my computer is from '95
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
cycle fog level to eliminate lag. (the map will be loaded etc).

Also, please note that lag from far render distance is due to map loading and rendering, where as from short is likely from fog calculation.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Here's what Notch said :
* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare

... I'm a bit curious about that last one, could it be a new block type, or something?
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
cycle fog level to eliminate lag. (the map will be loaded etc).

Also, please note that lag from far render distance is due to map loading and rendering, where as from short is likely from fog calculation.

Oh I do that but it still lags on tiny render distance. Before it went Beta it was the opposite (i.e. lagged on far, fine on tiny). It's not a problem I'm just wondering why it's happening.
@jonggi, from what i've seen, if you throw an egg at the top of grass, a chicken spawns.
Bio, that tree reminds me of the one on kyxcraft behind my house, it's exactly the same and it's an eyesore..... but not yours somehow. Maybe it's the water.
well... thanks I guess? it probably has something to do with the fact that it looks more like a tree. the one in the kyxcraft server is just a tree with trees ontop of trees :P