Toribash
Originally Posted by Madgecko11 View Post
Given the lack of ability to test the first i'm willing to bet 10,000 TC. My bet being that Microsoft will in the future prior to the release of the Xbox One release a lot of information about the exact policies on DRM. Sound good to you?

Lol.. Had you been able to prove that I was being an idiot, I would have given you every item I had on my account... 10k tc will have to do then.

PM me whenever MS talks in detail about their DRM policies to a (moderately) popular media outlet.. with the proof of course.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Can you please post the source that states that money from the payed service will be used to improve it?

Thanks.

“We are going to make a very significant step-change in the online experience with PlayStation 4. Some of that functionality was spoken about yesterday, and some on February 20, and that’s all great and we’re really happy that we’re able to make our online experience much more competitive, but the flipside is that this stuff comes at a cost.

When you’re trying to achieve a £349 price-point and trying to deliver all this functionality, the money has to come from somewhere.”

~Jim Ryan, SCE Europe, E3 2013

If you lot had looked into this stuff as much as you all keep making out then I wouldn't have had to post this. Do the research.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
"the money has to come from somewhere" =/= "money from the payed service will be used to improve it".

edit: I'm high - just read it back in my head. It does mean that, actually.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
price of the ps4 is almost too good to pass up.
But Il see how long my ps3 can keep me entertained for.
Not in any rush to spend my money just yet.

Xbox is getting good promotion out of all this negative feedback. Any promotion is good promotion.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
“We are going to make a very significant step-change in the online experience with PlayStation 4. Some of that functionality was spoken about yesterday, and some on February 20, and that’s all great and we’re really happy that we’re able to make our online experience much more competitive, but the flipside is that this stuff comes at a cost.

When you’re trying to achieve a £349 price-point and trying to deliver all this functionality, the money has to come from somewhere.”

~Jim Ryan, SCE Europe, E3 2013

If you lot had looked into this stuff as much as you all keep making out then I wouldn't have had to post this. Do the research.

Ok but there's a few problems.
1. I asked for a citation, and while you did quote someone, it's not even in context. Was he previously talking about pay-to-connect?
2. "has to come from somewhere" is purposefully ambiguous, and if he /was/ previously talking about pay-to-connect, then why didn't he just say so?

I think you have made some non-sequitur logic in assuming that paying more money automatically makes something better, and that paying for the PS3 network in particular will mean more money is spent on the network.

You obviously don't know this, so I'll explain it; Sony actually receives money from all games sold for the PS3. If a game requires the network, Sony can simply charge publishers for it. There is absolutely no reason to think that the current PSN is magically supported without anyone paying for it. Shifting the costs from publisher to user does not give Sony more money to spend on the network. However if they double charge the publisher and the user, then obviously they will have spare money.
I know that the business model of consoles can be a bit tricky to understand, but I can assure you that Sony wasn't supporting the PSN out of the goodness of their hearts!
Fine, I'll bite since that's obviously what you're aiming for.

Ok but there's a few problems.
1. I asked for a citation, and while you did quote someone, it's not even in context. Was he previously talking about pay-to-connect?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Have you actually read anything that the Sony reps have said about the PSN changes & why they're charging? That quote was from the VG247 interview when asked:

Why do you think the time is right to start charging for online gaming on PSN?

Would you like me to get another from another interview? Maybe that'll get your panties unknotted. Enjoy.

Longer response from another interview

I could pull numerous other interviews about it, and all have the same response.

2. "has to come from somewhere" is purposefully ambiguous, and if he /was/ previously talking about pay-to-connect, then why didn't he just say so?

Because people with more than 2 cells in their head would know what he was talking about without needing a 20 page essay prefacing it.

I think you have made some non-sequitur logic in assuming that paying more money automatically makes something better, and that paying for the PS3 network in particular will mean more money is spent on the network.

No, it's what Sony have said. Once again, research it. Hell it doesn't take much looking to find it.

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest, I have better things to do than toss food at trolls.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
are you two really discussing rather the PS4's money will go to improving itself or not? With sources?

Sony will probably make changes to their console. Sony needs money to make changes and do console stuff. Sony makes money from online services. So Sony's money will in part come from online services. They have also talked about how their smaller pricetag is due in part to their online service. Ergo, money from the online service will contribute to improving the console. How complicated can it be?
Last edited by sid; Jun 14, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: I don't think "much complicated" is right
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
"Who won E3?"

If I'd have to call a few I'd say:

Killzone 4 (PS4)
Forza Motorsport 5 (XBO)
Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (XBO & 360 first, PC and PS3 later)
Titanfall (XBO)
Destiny (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3)

For the games itself it's going to be Halo & Titanfall (XBO) VS Killzone (PS4) and FM5 (XBO) VS GT6 and Driveclub (PS4).
Basically the customisation options on the racegames will sell the consoles for me.

If FM5 was on the PS4 I'd buy it without a thought.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by sid View Post
are you two really discussing rather the PS4's money will go to improving itself or not? With sources?

I merely pointed out what Sony have said they're doing & why they're charging. Hardly a discussion, more a one sided fact-slap. ;)

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you