Toribash
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
If I don't respond right away it usually means I'm dealing with /whispers - I know how to extend chatlines and pageup, your question won't be ignored.

^This.

And also in my opinion it's better when there are no rules in tourneys. People are ok with it and will be punished only if they abuse it.
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN
Originally Posted by Tarlan View Post
^This.

And also in my opinion it's better when there are no rules in tourneys. People are ok with it and will be punished only if they abuse it.

I wonder , when we ask he much the prizes , we get punished too /: when we are being sarcastic .. Mostly ban .. Are GMes whole another human species of cold blooded or ?
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
As always, prizesaretooshitty faggotry.

Let's look at magicalsack's account history.

Of course, I have no way of proving whether or not some of these items were actually sent as winning prizes, or as something like trivia, but really? Ecto Left Leg Motion Trail? Viridian Timer? Ivory Timer? Ecto Timer? Why would I wait almost an hour to gain some item that's barely worth 600TC and may not even sell when I can play a much smaller tourney and get 750TC up front? (Not to pick on certain people)

Now, let's look at your balance.

Of course, I'm not saying that you have to use your own funds (as that's not my position), nor am I even saying that you should, but wouldn't it make some players more willing to join your tournaments? Even with simple 5k/2k prizes in lieu of 7k/3k, you have enough to fund over 50 tournaments, or over three months of hosting (this is not even including other events, such as betting servers, nor does it assume that you gain any funds in this time).

Perhaps I'm biased, but when I used 7k/3k as prizes for my tournaments, rooms were always full and nobody ever complained (well, not about the prizes at least )

Aaaand, branding the actions of users as "faggotry" isn't very polite nor professional.
Last edited by box; Dec 18, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Gm's now I see are a bunch of trolls.

I rarely see them host anything and when they do the prizes are shit and the mod requires no skill so the winner is basically picked at random.
Well , I personally thank them for only that prize when I got velvet force with left and right trail textures .. Only that moment :|

But I have a question , do they pick the prizes ? Or they click a button which says "random prize"
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
I just don't like the prizes... If they were better it would change alot.. They can't use TC unless it is their own.. and they have too much stuff to do to earn alot of TC.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
Originally Posted by box View Post
Let's look at magicalsack's account history.

Of course, I have no way of proving whether or not some of these items were actually sent as winning prizes, or as something like trivia, but really? Ecto Left Leg Motion Trail? Viridian Timer? Ivory Timer? Ecto Timer? Why would I wait almost an hour to gain some item that's barely worth 600TC and may not even sell when I can play a much smaller tourney and get 750TC up front? (Not to pick on certain people)

Bother the others.
As I said, I keep my prizes at certain value. From those items that you've mentioned, Ivory timer was 'mine' - I used it as a prize for trivia question - estimated worth around 500 to 600tc, I find it sufficient for answering the question (that's my trivia prize range anyway - 500 to 1000tc).

Now, let's look at your balance.

Of course, I'm not saying that you have to use your own funds (as that's not my position), nor am I even saying that you should, but wouldn't it make some players more willing to join your tournaments? Even with simple 5k/2k prizes in lieu of 7k/3k, you have enough to fund over 50 tournaments, or over three months of hosting (this is not even including other events, such as betting servers, nor does it assume that you gain any funds in this time).

Perhaps I'm biased, but when I used 7k/3k as prizes for my tournaments, rooms were always full and nobody ever complained (well, not about the prizes at least )

Before I got my GM position I used to host quite a lot using my own tc (once I had funds, that is - late 2010 would be somehow accurate date, most of the events were done in 2011 and early 2012 - I'm GM since end of April) - powastourneys, cwtourneys, wafflebets, forum event called Big Waffle Challenge with decent prizes and few more - everything funded from my own pocket. I've spent a lot, for sure more than 250k (in 2011 and early 2012), probably up to 100k (counting in 2010) more.
Right now I don't feel like I must use it since 80% of tourneys I host are full in instant and yet I have a reason to keep the tc. One more side note - tc decap prizes (1k) I sometimes add goes from my pocket as well.
Plus, I can't see people complaning about 'my' items prizes.

Aaaand, branding the actions of users as "faggotry" isn't very polite nor professional.

Aaaaand, since when you are a white knight in shiny armor, box? You didn't have that attitude while you've been in team.
Oh, and I never claimed to be polite, I'm rather rough Pole.
Cheers
Last edited by Powas; Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
retired
Bother the others.
As I said, I keep my prizes at certain value. From those items that you've mentioned, Ivory timer was 'mine' - I used it as a prize for trivia question - estimated worth around 500 to 600tc, I find it sufficient for answering the question (that's my trivia prize range anyway - 500 to 1000tc).

I did say ". . .I have no way of proving whether or not some of these items were actually sent as winning prizes, or as something like trivia. . .". Sure, Ivory Timer is fine for a simple trivia question, but that's not the subject.

Before I got my GM position I used to host quite a lot using my own tc (once I had funds, that is - late 2010 would be somehow accurate date, most of the events were done in 2011 and early 2012 - I'm GM since end of April) - powastourneys, cwtourneys, wafflebets, forum event called Big Waffle Challenge with decent prizes and few more - everything funded from my own pocket. I've spent a lot, for sure more than 250k (in 2011 and early 2012), probably up to 100k (counting in 2010) more.
Right now I don't feel like I must use it since 80% of tourneys I host are full in instant and yet I have a reason to keep the tc. One more side note - tc decap prizes (1k) I sometimes add goes from my pocket as well.

That doesn't restrict you from continuing the trend as a GM, does it?
Plus, I can't see people complaning about 'my' items prizes.

Just to note, I wasn't only targeting you - just using you as an example since, well, I'm speaking to you.

Nobody has mentioned solely you thus far, but people are complaining about the value of prizes.

Aaaaand, since when you are a white knight in shiny armor, box? You didn't have that attitude while you've been in team.
Oh, and I never claimed to be polite, I'm rather rough Pole.
Cheers

I was not the nicest guy around, but I did not blatantly insult users based on what they thought.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
I did say ". . .I have no way of proving whether or not some of these items were actually sent as winning prizes, or as something like trivia. . .". Sure, Ivory Timer is fine for a simple trivia question, but that's not the subject.

You were still >implying.

That doesn't restrict you from continuing the trend as a GM, does it?

Just to note, I wasn't only targeting you - just using you as an example since, well, I'm speaking to you.

Nobody has mentioned solely you thus far, but people are complaining about the value of prizes.

Indeed, it does not but as I said, I don't have a feeling that I need to because prizes are too bad - it's the opposite, I find 'my' prizes good enough.
You wasn't targeting me yet you're talking to me about it so I feel like I have to answer and clear some things.

I was not the nicest guy around, but I did not blatantly insult users based on what they thought.

From impoliteness to blantat insults, we're tumbling down, it seems.
I'm afraid that in next post I'll be accused of crimes against man kind.
Pro publico bono
retired