Toribash
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I'm a fucking idiot.

Aren't real IQ tests also relative to what your age is as well?
For example, if a 10 year-old and 15 year-old took the same test and had the exact same results, wouldn't the 10 year-old's IQ be higher or something?

Nobody has answered this, but yes.

IQ tests determine a person's logic and reasoning abilities through puzzles and patterns, and test a general knowledge base to see if you even apply those abilities.

Taking a quick stab based on how the test was structured, I would assume it was aimed at a late teen or older audience, due to more intricate puzzles and a larger expected knowledge base than a teenager's test.

And like it was mentioned before, this IQ test is probably also aimed at the North American population, due to the questions of general knowledge being (seemingly) centered around a more American theme.

Therefore, a 10 year old from France who scores a 120 would more intelligent than a 20 year old from the U.S. who scored a 120. It shows they have a similar level of intelligence at a younger age, meaning they have a) developed faster, and b) have more potential to develop.

Because any adult worth their salt should be able to ace a 1st grader IQ test.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
well, i recorded most of the questions and my answers, and solved them w/o time limits just to see if i can get them right.

a few trips to wolfram-mathworld and wikipedia to research some answers would state that I am relatively smart but painfully slow on the uptake/recalling of information. Most of the questions I know the answer to, but I need some time to recall it... a LOT of time to recall them (like a few minutes as opposed to the 90 seconds they give you)

also

124 :|
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
well, i recorded most of the questions and my answers, and solved them w/o time limits just to see if i can get them right.

a few trips to wolfram-mathworld and wikipedia to research some answers would state that I am relatively smart but painfully slow on the uptake/recalling of information. Most of the questions I know the answer to, but I need some time to recall it... a LOT of time to recall them (like a few minutes as opposed to the 90 seconds they give you)

also

124 :|

The damn time limit, I swear to god on the pattern questions I was so worried about the time that I didnt get to think through all the possibilities :/ balls.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
IQ tests are outdated and an inadequate measure of intelligence.
Bitches dont know bout my gardner's aspects of intellect.
i guess thats okay for a 13 year old who has almost no idea about most maths. I dont see how knowing who wrote a book has anything to do with your IQ
VIBE
Last time I did an IQ test I was 13 or 14. I took 2 tests, one said 120-130 and the other said 134. I think I'll get a lower score now but anyway I'll take the test sometime today.
Clan Blood Leader
116...I'm a dumbass at things like who wrote that book or thingies like that as I'm not from America and english is so way not my maternal language...Also,did perfect at maths and geometry thingies,though that point with the books really sucks.