Ranking
Original Post
[rb] Who is Who :: Nirs
Hello folks!
Today I'll be a substitute for uFantom (who's kinda busy with his work stuff).
And this issue of Who is Who is dedicated to a Russian guy who is known (or at least was) all round the toricommunity - Nirs!

General information:
  • Registration date: Jan 15, 2008
  • Belt: Custom Belt
  • Ex-Promoteam member, Ex-PT Lead, Ex-Supermoderator, Ex-Administrator
  • Rukeepers founder
  • Likes eighth-form girls

Interview:

Interview

Last edited by sir; May 11, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
So, I don't see how our 'bitterns' can help the current situation TB is in...

We got to find an investor for tb! ^ ^
Last edited by nblx; Jun 3, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Do A interview for War_Hero, I want to know him more.

Or andreyoshi
Last edited by Th3CrAzY; Jun 3, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
eh
Originally Posted by nblx View Post
Tons of dumb shit.

If you want to make a compelling argument, at least pick a mock-up development workforce and workflow that isn't beyond retarded. Some hobbyist's mock-up of a development team hardly helps your point.

Feel free to try and make a compelling fighter where all characters are user-made. Then have fun competitively balancing it. "Using modern 3D technologies by selecting the library[...]", you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Toribash's core gameplay is two physics objects of equal make manipulated by the player. Changing from that core mechanic would change the game and the focus of the gameplay from player skill to something that I don't even know how to put into words.
Last edited by Jalis; Jun 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM.
jalisrant.txt

[16:10:01] <jalis> I don't often admit this
[16:10:16] <jalis> but toribash is a competitive fighters
[16:10:18] <jalis> *fighter
[16:10:25] <jalis> it is probably the most competitive fighter
[16:10:32] <jalis> as the balance is a complete non-issue
[16:10:39] <jalis> due to the core-mechanic
[16:10:57] <jalis> the reason it isn't EVO/etc material is because it is slow
[16:11:13] <jalis> It isn't entertaining to watch
[16:11:27] <jalis> that's the same reason marvel is EVO even though holy fuck that game is hella broken and unbalanced
[16:11:38] <jalis> it's interesting to watch (though I 100% disagree)
[16:11:49] <jalis> add a ton of pretty colors into toribash
[16:12:00] <jalis> and
[16:12:01] <jalis> well
[16:12:07] <jalis> not even needed
[16:12:17] <jalis> there's a reason all the trailers show absolutely no actual gameplay
[16:12:23] <jalis> only the result of the gameplay (replays)
[16:12:47] <jalis> you can't make something turn based into a spectator sport
[16:12:53] <jalis> at least a widely popular one
[16:13:00] <jalis> unlike what tournament fighters are
[16:14:00] <jalis> tournament fighters are a) interesting to watch b) based on hitboxes c) matches are fast
[16:14:09] <jalis> toribash has none
[16:14:14] <jalis> of those
[16:14:26] <jalis> a) is arguable
[16:14:29] <jalis> I should rephrase that
[16:14:43] <jalis> a) interesting for the mainstream to watch?
[16:14:45] <jalis> that's still ambiguous
[16:14:56] <jalis> well, it should be obvious enoug what I mean
[16:15:35] <jalis> people trying to say toribash "could be made into esports" are fucking retarded
[16:15:45] <jalis> let me check the definition of pipedream before I call it that
[16:16:11] <jalis> YES
[16:16:14] <jalis> a pipe dream
[16:16:35] <jalis> isn't it hilarious that the term originates from hallucinations induced by drugs
[16:16:54] <jalis> that's the best way to describe toribash as an esport
[16:17:11] <jalis> anyway that's that
Last edited by Tonakai; Jun 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Originally Posted by Jalis View Post
If you want to make a compelling argument, at least pick a mock-up development workforce and workflow that isn't beyond retarded. Some hobbyist's mock-up of a development team hardly helps your point.

Feel free to try and make a compelling fighter where all characters are user-made. Then have fun competitively balancing it. "Using modern 3D technologies by selecting the library[...]", you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Toribash's core gameplay is two physics objects of equal make manipulated by the player. Changing from that core mechanic would change the game and the focus of the gameplay from player skill to something that I don't even know how to put into words.

you completely didnt understood what nirs, im and bojan had in mind. and please, dont rage of my bad arguments, bad knowleges, bad screens, and bad english if you dont like such point of view. that was just my IMHO.
thanx.
Originally Posted by nblx View Post
you completely didnt understood what nirs, im and bojan had in mind. and please, dont rage of my bad arguments, bad knowleges, bad screens, and bad english if you dont like such point of view. that was just my IMHO.
thanx.

I mean nothing personal by it, but such an idea has to be deconstructed before it gains traction as an actual valid answer, so people don't latch onto impossibilities.
Even though I agree (sadly) that Toribash isn't fast paced or "common" enough to make it as an E-sport, in my opinion, the game could be so much more than it is now.

Having a couple of paid and decent devs, changes could be made a lot faster, new features could arise, and maybe even make it more appealing to wider audience.

There's the paying problem though. With a bigger crowd it'd most likely get easier, that's why Greenlight seemed like such a great idea to me (I admit that I know very little about it, but anything with a potential to attract a lot of people in a short period of time sounds great for the game).
So from my poorly educated view on the matter, what we need is to get better advertising as a first step towards something bigger.

The recent features hampa added to the game are great though (recent as in late 3.9 to 4.4). Undoubtedly drastic improvements if you realize their potential and still follow the game.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
a real development team and clear structure. No schoolboys, no lasiness, strict responsibility. Paid pr0 staff.

If people want that they should have paid them or developed a business plan how to sustain such a team. It's a free game with the idea of having equal fighters. It doesn't matter if you played for a day or a year. It's supposed to be skill based and equal, no matter how much time spent playing or money spent on the game.
I'm not sure what kind of changes people expect. It seems like you want a different game but the core idea of the game is not going to change and that's why you are annoyed.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
No. They are in the servers for a legit reason, kind of weird. Don't feel like saying why because it's not my place to say. You can ask clow, he's pretty much watching the server same with viv, or sometimes they are just afk, depends on the timing, but they will mostly say it's a secret or no reason at all... Doesn't really matter, but no, both/one/none of them are bots To clarify that.

btw clow came into my server today
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I admit that I know very little about it, but anything with a potential to attract a lot of people in a short period of time sounds great for the game.

PR is a tool, not a purpose. PR is a tool to sell stuff. as simple as that. you need it to boost sales or to get sales. but not to freaking giving away stuff for free. thats just madness

what is the point of pr if there is completely no way to get a profit?
ingame economy is completely broken, so throwing cash into a game is mostly pointless and would not work. hamp didn't even added price tag for game! he didn't even added any other payment systems.

are you fucking kidding me?

where is the dam business plan and who was insane enough to suggest to use one of the cheapest and most powerfull games marketing tools for such huge market as steam without thinking how to fucking earn money?

holy cow! hamp, do you even realise what an opportunity you just fucked up?

ah well, i should not care anyway. thats not my pocket but i'm shocked.
Last edited by snake; Jun 8, 2013 at 05:48 AM.