Toribash
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
not very long, I haven't played in a long time

Marauder is best class :^))))

My weapon:

this is to make Art jelly

Haha.
I'm being a bit of an idiot and making a marauder build where I use magic and dexterity as well, so uh... I don't really use axes, etc.
So, basically something more like a templar, I guess. Either way, I still can beat may, hohoho.
Also, atm I'm using equipment that would increase the drop rarity as much as possible xd
Edit:
Also, besides the level requirement, I could use it with current stats.

Edit #2:
We should make a petition to make Maylene get into steam.
Not knowing when others play the game without having to enter it is really annoying.
Last edited by Arthur; Feb 24, 2014 at 09:33 PM.
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
Yes may needs steam

also I have about 120 int and dex on my marauder, its always nice to have some of each

increased item rarity (iir) and increased item quantity (iiq) are always good, but it shouldn't be the main goal. I have a set for farming, but the boots and gauntlets are awful (collectively they give like 90 armor and 100 evasion rating), but they give a lot of iir and iiq

In addition, I have iir and iiq support gems, so I swap around my skills so I can use the gems. This makes my main attack (infernal blow) really weak, because I'm missing out on 2 powerful support gems, just for the iir and iiq gems. basically, don't sacrifice ALL your defense for iir/iiq, but some is fine (since you're a marauder anyways, naturally tanky)

I wouldn't suggest being in the middle of dex and int as a marauder, choose either dex or int, because you'll have a hard time equipping good items if you're equal in both (unless you plan on using mostly str-only items, like me)

When I was following you guys around it seemed like you used a lot of spells, you should lean towards being a templar-type marauder (str and int), and drop the dex

forgot to mention:
I invested an asston of points into elemental resistances in my passive skill tree, so I capped my resistances on merciless (in merciless all your resistances are reduced by 60%), so I really don't have any use for resistance rings, so I have 2 gold rings with very high iir/iiq, same with my amulet (although I have a chaos resist ring with iir on it, because chaos damage is a bitch)

EDIT: Also, if you go for a little int to cast spells but you're worried it won't do damage, there is a gem that applies the str damage buff to melee attacks onto the spell damage (or something like that), its called Iron Will (There is another one for bows/projectiles that is called Iron Grip)
Last edited by Hush; Feb 25, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
what's the point of forcing any secondary attribute on marauder? He is supposed to be pure red.

He can be, and I am mostly red, but I got Iron Reflexes passive so evasion rating (on armor and in passives) is turned into armor (I also can't evade any attacks due to a different passive, so I might as well just turn my evasion into armor)

if I find a good helmet with pretty good armor and pretty good evasion rating, then it'll likely give more armor than a helmet of the same level with just armor.

Another thing to mention is the "##% increased armor and evasion rating" stat that all the useful items have. "100% increased armor and evasion rating" is way better than just "100% increased armor", and it effectively doubles the amount of armor than the helm. I need some dex to be able to wear some of the late game armor.

The reason for int on my marauder is because of skill gems. There are auras and other things that are int skill gems that are very useful for me that I need some int. All of my int comes from the big +30 int nodes. As for my dexterity, I just naturally ran through a bunch of dex nodes on my way to elemental resistance nodes and Iron Grip, etc.

There is a point where building only Red becomes useless, and it becomes clear once you take a look at marauder's nearby passive skills, lol
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Maylene View Post
Uh, levelled up to 48.
The game got boring pretty fast.

please get to level 60-something so I can do some of these maps :(
FIRED UP