Toribash
Originally Posted by Focz View Post
Agreed, but I don't think that a personal logo have to be based on what the "mass" think, cause it will be your "signature". It's more like "oh, look, someone made it, here is his signature".

Btw,
you have to like your own art.
CnC is something that you can absorb and use in another projects, but if it will make your work "worst" for you, you don't have to use it.
It's like a shirt.... would you use a shirt that everyone likes (but you don't) just because everyone like?
Yeah, worst example ever.

The point is, he saw what is wrong, and probably he know it's wrong, but just won't change, cause "he like it the way it is", being able to use the tips in another project.

Finally someone that understands what I'm trying to say.

I am making this logo for ME. Meaning that above all I should like it.
I do appreciate CnC and I tried looking at it.
The one Freelancer made was so bad in my eyes but it made me see that the thin lines didn't work.

About the comments regarding "I am a graphic designer", so am I.
What I meant to say is that I'm waiting to see what the one that gave me this challenge has to say about this.

As I explained before, it had to be a logo people recognize, something original and something hand in hand with the style you're comfortable with.
It does all that. It's minimalistic and easily recognizable.
The only thing I'm not certain about is the "flying" piece at the end of the K,
that part lacks unity with the rest.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
Finally someone that understands what I'm trying to say.

I am making this logo for ME.

..*****

As I explained before, it had to be a logo people recognize, something original and something hand in hand with the style you're comfortable with.
It does all that. It's minimalistic and easily recognizable.
The only thing I'm not certain about is the "flying" piece at the end of the K,
that part lacks unity with the rest.

It may be for you.. but sure you made it for make that logo rappresent your self, means ppl should get the "spirit" of the logo as you did design it.
Whats the point on making any sorta of design if the first impression of the ppl is not "oh cool stuff" but "wtf am I reading?! is that Korean?"

And its an acronym, which is not like a catchy, memorable and tickling name like "Decks4Necks" or "Toky-Doky"... means it will be double hard to remember. Triple Hard if its made your name initials, because if the logo was for a Truck team it could have been "truck racing division" which is catchable by logic (even if hard if you know its connected with trucks maybe you can get to remember the acronym), but if your name is like "Tolenkamok Romochkavsky Davitashvili" who will remember it?
Its impossible to remember... if you ask me in 5 minute and I will have surely forgot it was TRD.

If you wanted to make a logo recognizable for his poor understandability you kinda did it. But none will remember what the heck is written on it.

also... thats not original. I'm sorry but it isn't.. that font choice, that using just the font and inverting the last letter (which after your cut is not considerable anymore as a letter), the connection of the "T" and "R"... that random parallelepiped cut.

I give you a final 3/10 and a -10 for your indifference at suggestions.

I think there s no need to be a Graphic Designer for get this stuff.
-----
Also.. using the initial of your name as logo is really old style.. I dont think ppl do that anymore, can maybe happen in a society, where you put the associated usernames like Bang & Olufsen for example B&O which could also ve been BO... but whatever... if you think thats a great logo... go ahead.
Last edited by Chikin; Feb 13, 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
^ what he said

A huge tip would also be to brainstorm on pen and paper.
I try to brainstorm with pen and paper all the time, here's an example of how it could look like:

Don't just sit on the computer, this shit is really important.
Last edited by Freelancer; Feb 13, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
I did my research and I haven't found a logo that looks like the one I made.
Maybe you have other resource and if you have I'd appreciate you post it here.

To clarify, I didn't use a font, I made the shapes in Ai and as I said before, I'm still not sure of the "floating" piece at the end of the K, since it lacks unity.

I do sketch and I've had other idea's which I might post in here. They were clearer to spot but I like the static and technical vibe of this one.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.