Toribash
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
If you want to trade with snuggly the crow it's a cracked red eye orb for 2 purging stones.
Oswald has a few for sale in the tower behind where the gargoyles were... I assume you've killed them already.

If you're having curse problems then try a light armour set, they have better resistance to things like that... Though not standing in the cloud they create is the best solution lol. You should have the thief set by now, and it's got pretty good resistances for the start of the game.

Distance from the dragon? You don't want to be too far, just out of range from it's slam. That's how you bait it into doing it. Don't lock onto it, it slows movement. Just run when it jumps, it's pretty easy to get out the way of. Just make sure you're not weighed down, ideally you want to keep your weight below quarter of your max for full movement speed + pro rolling. Above half will make you move & roll like a slug.

You can skip the area in the depths with the basilisks if you want. Go behind where the first butcher was, smash the boxes & drop down the hole. Grab the spider shield while you're at it (it's handy for Blight Town). Kill the giant rat if you haven't already, then when you get to the water slide just keep tight against the right wall.

The dragon can be skipped completely though you'll miss out on some easy souls, weapons & one of the armour sets.

If you fancy skipping it, and skipping upper Blight Town (the FPS slowdown on consoles is horrific there) then you can take the back entrance to Blight Town via Valley of Drakes. Make sure you've got lots of blooming purple moss though. The thief set will make things easier here, or if you started as a pyromancer then use that instead. You'll find a pyro set in the swamp once you're down there.
Might be worth popping back to the asylum with the key on the roof in Firelink & grabbing the rusty ring so you can sprint across the swamp. All depends on how you want to play it.

What do u mean easy souls,weapons and one of the armour sets?

is there an armour in the depths? also weapons?
Do not treat people the way u want to be treated
~Sumoro
Easy souls = 25k souls for killing an easy boss

Weapons = There's a great axe chilling with some rats, and cutting off the dragon's tail gets a dragon great axe. There's also the spider shield and ring of evil eye down there. Oh and a crossbow at the fog gate.

Armour = Warrior set in the boss room

Also make sure you got the ember from the butcher's chest, you kinda need it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Ok i like now in the butchers chest and saved the pyromancer guy and ik theres a bonfire where do think it is?
~Sumoro
There's 2 routes to the bonfire from the butcher area. You can follow the obvious path through the door & past the slimes (the normal route), or you can cut 90% of the depths with a shortcut.

If you want to take the short cut then go down the hole behind the first butcher's desk (next to the chest), grab the shield, kill the giant rat (you can lame it with ranged attacks for an easy kill, it wont respawn). Go down the water slide at the right edge and keep hold of right so you don't fall into the pit at the bottom. Immediately go left, up the stairs, go up the ladder, open the door, and you'll pop out right next to the bonfire.

After you've used the bonfire go back down the ladder + stairs, the boss room is on the far left of that room.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
remember to kill the caster dood or the boss fight will be 10x harder
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Originally Posted by Flamesmash View Post
remember to kill the caster dood or the boss fight will be 10x harder

Thx. i think its name is channeler and yeah i killed him but i got killed by his rats that he buffed...

There's 2 routes to the bonfire from the butcher area. You can follow the obvious path through the door & past the slimes (the normal route), or you can cut 90% of the depths with a shortcut.

If you want to take the short cut then go down the hole behind the first butcher's desk (next to the chest), grab the shield, kill the giant rat (you can lame it with ranged attacks for an easy kill, it wont respawn). Go down the water slide at the right edge and keep hold of right so you don't fall into the pit at the bottom. Immediately go left, up the stairs, go up the ladder, open the door, and you'll pop out right next to the bonfire.

After you've used the bonfire go back down the ladder + stairs, the boss room is on the far left of that room.

Thx. I also killed the Dragon or Gaping Dragon now i am headed to blight town im just farming those clumps on the forest but still. i upgraded my rapier to +4 and balder side +4 now.... im preparing to go in blightown also whats the fastest way to farm souls because i really want to upgrade my rapier and balder side
~Sumoro
Early game - abuse the wyvern on the bridge in undeadburg. Pop your head up, go back to the bonfire. Only around 500 a go, but it's pretty risk free and not terrible for early game.

Just find a place where there's a bonfire nearby with a few enemies that give off what you want. If you have time & humanity to burn then the passage outside the depth's bonfire would make sense. Pyromancy murders the slimes, and if you've got 10 liquid humanity it increase their drops - large & green titanite. It'll take a while, but you could farm that coridoor enough to take a weapon to +9

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Early game - abuse the wyvern on the bridge in undeadburg. Pop your head up, go back to the bonfire. Only around 500 a go, but it's pretty risk free and not terrible for early game.

Just find a place where there's a bonfire nearby with a few enemies that give off what you want. If you have time & humanity to burn then the passage outside the depth's bonfire would make sense. Pyromancy murders the slimes, and if you've got 10 liquid humanity it increase their drops - large & green titanite. It'll take a while, but you could farm that coridoor enough to take a weapon to +9

About that 500 on the wyvern i only got 300 only also the depth's im currently upgrading my pyromancy flame but still i dont have the crest of artorias yet but do you know other ways to farm souls?
~Sumoro
My goto farm was to pvp (you get souls based on the level of the person you kill). You can also kill mobs like the lightning dragons (easy mobs with lots of soul drops and close to bonfire).

To farm from the bridge you should pop up to agro it, then when it breathes fire run back down, it will kill all the mobs on the bridge, then you sit at the bonfire and reset, and do it again. It's a very quick way to farm.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by Sumoro View Post
About that 500 on the wyvern i only got 300 only also the depth's im currently upgrading my pyromancy flame but still i dont have the crest of artorias yet but do you know other ways to farm souls?

upgrading pyromancy flame is a horrible idea

the whole point in going to depths and then blightown is to get powerwithin, and the more upgraded your flame is the faster it will kill you, meaning that you should use un-upgraded flame to have more time
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15