Toribash
In reality its 50-50. Its your call, default damage sometimes can't cut it since there are many defense cards that can stop your attack even on default damage, and risking to do better is the players choice.
When me and Snake played, I had more bad luck then good with activation, while Snake always played safe, and has done better damage with defense, he was just unlucky with bad luck cards.
With this new edition (where noobs don't DQ so easily anymore) it's different story.
You balance your deck yourself, and it's not an easy process, at the end it all depends on the luck of the draw. You'll see yourself when you play a few matches.
-----
Also, first two editions are just starter packs, their damage will be a joke when martial arts packs come into play. But there is a catch. Martial arts packs have many grayed circles so you can fail more trying to activate them, and their default damage is not that big! So, you will still have to play some starter packs (because they are more secure and you are sure to make some points), but you will have also mastery cards for hard hitting and to be able to defend against other who use mastery cards.
Also, you will see that these martial arts packs will be focused on different things.
Like: Drunken fist is more about counter and combos, while Tiger style is focused primary on attacks, Hung-gar is balanced with attack-defense, but lack combos and counters, and Dju-djicu si all in defense and counters... Something like that.
Since you can use only 2 styles per player (for now) and you are limited with the card upkeep and some other rules that goes with it, every deck will be unique, just like person using it.
-----
I'm hoping to evolve this game with all kind of martial arts packs, and when we open org we will discuss what of those fighting styles to add. Later we can introduce another mod; aikido - which I already have planned on paper, with different game mechanics.
But, for now, we are going slow and steady (this is a beta version, like me and Snake like to joke) so... No hurry.

I just hope we find some god damn coders and make this legit.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 2, 2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
i think if you open the thread in the Org section,you'll receive lot of helps (even only new ideas)..i've still to understand some aspects,but this look so nice..it look simple but at the same time complex (when there will be a lot of cards,it will be really tattic to choose wich one use),and this is what make a game great ^^

An important thing to do now is to make new balanced cards,so that the game can be new at every match

p.s:also nice descriptions on the cards:P
Last edited by bRuCiA; Jul 2, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
soon you will see promo video for toribash card game ;p
my job is kinda done so far
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I finished the movie! XD But, omg, I sound like a complete nerd in it XD...
I'll post it today in the org thread, I just need to add some music to it, since I can't stand how boooring I sound in that movie! XD
Thats a tabletop card game about some indie game. So you are supposed to sound like that XD
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Its rendering right now, only 20% left, wanna come to Skype and see the mighty-boring-TB-card-game movie from the first hand?