i came here for some gum, and some CnC.

but i also like fucking around :^)

also i don't like booms or any other word that starts with "boo"

maybe exept boobs, cos you know.

HI

HELLO

a replay
Attached Files
[SP][U] Footwork.rpl (327.4 KB, 21 views)
Necrophilia.rpl (315.4 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by Lust; Apr 9, 2016 at 01:39 AM.
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Ok Lust I don't have time to write an essay so ill speak about the 3 replays in general. In all of the replays you seem to be able to move around, but you still need to work on flow and you still don't seem to be able to control your tori that good. Also you need to work on being more unique with your hits. You still twitch quite a bit as well and there isn't much substance to your replays. They are get momentum then go straight to dms. Sorry if i sound blunt. Its going to be a no.

So work on flow your movement and hits. Good luck next time!
Ill talk a bit about those 3 replays.

Rain dance
So, what I see from this replay is that you do have the basics of replaymaking down, but you now need to improve on them. Your movement is not way janky but its not great. Especially when getting into tricky situations you seem to be at a loss. Your aiming and choice of DMs is also a bit bad. You seem to take every chance to get a DM, which makes both the movement and the DM look bad.

Footwork
Ok well, not trying to be mean or anything, but this replay is bad. its almost as if you move every 20 frames, and even then you only move two or three joints. This just honestly is a pretty low-tier replay, and seeing your first replay I know you can do better than this

Necrophilia
So, the movement in this replay was better than in the other two. But again, the DMs are subpar. Also, I know you wanted to make a funny pose, but if it takes you 500 frames to set up one pose where in the end you explode anyway, I would opt out on doing it. Nothing would have been lost had you posed before the walk to uke.

So overall, I feel like you still have a lot to learn. Again, not trying to sound harsh, but that's what I feel like. All you need to do is practice, hone your skills, and keep coming back here. You are definitely determined about replaymaking (atleast from what I have seen around the forum) so that is a pretty big plus. I wish you luck for next time, but this time it is going to be a no
h
i knew i was going to get denied but i just posted for the fun of it :v but i'll try at May again.
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by Lust View Post
i knew i was going to get denied but i just posted for the fun of it :v but i'll try at May again.

recruiting is voluntary work so we would appreciate if every app is a serious one
oh yeah
hmm.. what? 4 weeks has passed already when i applied last time... time sure does fly..

So, here's the 2nd i guess..
Attached Files
hWonders.rpl (292.0 KB, 32 views)
OtherSideOfTheRoad#.rpl (394.6 KB, 26 views)
{ssss}likeasnake.rpl (336.3 KB, 21 views)
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
your movements okay, but you have a lot to work on when it comes to style choices and fluidity. you really shouldn't tack on skeets in replays like the one in hwonders and otherside of the road, it just doesn't fit and isn't impressive enough to really warrant it being there

make more replays, you just need general practice no
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
your movements okay, but you have a lot to work on when it comes to style choices and fluidity. you really shouldn't tack on skeets in replays like the one in hwonders and otherside of the road, it just doesn't fit and isn't impressive enough to really warrant it being there

I did those skeets because pusga said last time i'm not good at making/perforimg skeets ;) I was planing in that replay OtherSideOfTheRoad# to throw something in the air of the Uke's body and skeet to that but... I think i got lazy in there..

But honeslty, i think in that hWonders replay that skeet fit'd really well in that replay although.

Originally Posted by Orko
make more replays

hmm? i have made hundreds of hundreds of replays in the past but i think i never showed them anywhere tho. I don't think my knowledge of my tori hasn't changed even a bit in the past couple years tho.

Originally Posted by Orko
you just need general practice

Not quite sure what you mean with this. In general i think in most of peoples cases if their replays are bad than usual what somebody else has seen, they were just too lazy to edit/refine to make them to look good(i think you guys already knew this). I think the only thing you basically have to learn in replay making is to learn your tori's joints "perfectly" that you know what you wanna do and know how to make it. The only thing basically that most of peoples lack is to make the movement to look good. In my case, i'm always aiming for the most "realstic" looking movement as i can do. what i've seen most of the replay makers like the smooth looking movement(not so realstic looking)

I think i'm just too lazy to make replays look good.. I don't know what happend to my enjoyment to make replays... Basically nothing is a trouble for me in replay making... And i don't know what peoples like to see.. I'm just always making them in the way i like..

Well... i don't know.. I think i'm gonna try to find my "passion" i assume to make replays again.. So.. If that happens then i guess i'm gonna start uploading replays to my replay thread(it's inactive as sh*t because.. yeah) so lurk around if that happens someday ;) (i'd hope it happens..)
Last edited by hunter; Apr 12, 2016 at 03:26 PM.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
I did those skeets because pusga said last time i'm not good at making/perforimg skeets ;) I was planing in that replay OtherSideOfTheRoad# to throw something in the air of the Uke's body and skeet to that but... I think i got lazy in there..

if you're going to have something in a replay it should either be good or not even there at all. a skeet that happens at an inopportune time in the replay will not be a good skeet regardless of how much time you spend on it. half the fight of replaymaking is realising when is the right time to do a hit or a skeet or whatever, forcing things that don't come naturally is a bad idea.

of course if you seek constant improvement you will naturally practice skeets if someone tells you that you are not very good at them, but an ormo application asks you to present 3 replays, so we would rather watch the result of your training rather than the training itself.

i mostly have a problem with the skeet in the 2nd replay, it forced you to do a weird jump that threw you off balance and made the transition to the pose much harder.

Not quite sure what you mean with this.

you just answered this immediately after you said it. general practice will put you in similar situations multiple times (because of replaymaking tendencies, AKA everyone likes to do similar things every time), and everytime you work with a specific setup or hit, you will have to edit the joints until you get it right. eventually you will be so used to getting it right that you will know by default which joints you need to edit and what you need to do, which reduces the amount of hesitant movements in replays and makes them look more "planned" even if it isn't planned at all, since all of the experimentation that happens in the learning process is gone.

The only thing basically that most of peoples lack is to make the movement to look good. In my case, i'm always aiming for the most "realstic" looking movement as i can do. what i've seen most of the replay makers like the smooth looking movement(not so realstic looking

you should remember that a replay isn't an agglomeration consisting of different things like movement, transitions, hits etc. a replay is the result of the combination between those things. if you have a replay with, for example, movement, transitions, and hits, if you have good movement it doesn't mean the replay is atleast a 3rd good, because the replay's quality depends on how the movement interacts with everything else, and vice versa.

for example, simple and weak hits can work well when combined with gracious and careful movement, but explosive movement suggests powerful hits, so having simple and small hits will make the replay seem underwhelming. basically, you're making a meal, and even if you love beans you won't use them if the meal is pizza. beans are delicious, and pizza is delicious, but beans with pizza is fucking gross, nobody would eat that. likewise, when making a replay you shouldn't treat everything as a checklist of things to do, you should do something that contributes to a greater final product.

you can aim for realistic movement, but that means you need to restrict everything else. example: edgy and risky movements that can throw you off balance are cool, but not a good idea if you want to look realistic, because they will force you to move in unnatural ways to gain your stability back. in most of your replays there were situations where you just waited around without moving (3rd replay, the waiting period from 230 to 150) or lost your balance (1st replay frame 260), all while attempting to have a stable and realistic (according to yourself) movement. these things wouldn't have been such a problem to me if you weren't trying to go for the realism, so that's an example of something that doesn't work in that context.

I think the only thing you basically have to learn in replay making is to learn your tori's joints "perfectly" that you know what you wanna do and know how to make it.

i don't know your replaymaking process so this is speculation by me, but you should try doing things that you normally would not during a replay it might put you in new circumstances that will force you to learn about the tori before moving forwards.

hmm? i have made hundreds of hundreds of replays in the past but i think i never showed them anywhere tho. I don't think my knowledge of my tori hasn't changed even a bit in the past couple years tho.

this is actually impossible
oh yeah
The only thing basically that most of peoples lack is to make the movement to look good. In my case, i'm always aiming for the most "realstic" looking movement as i can do. what i've seen most of the replay makers like the smooth looking movement(not so realstic looking)

this isn't 2011, this excuse doesn't work anymore
Last edited by millie; Apr 12, 2016 at 09:47 PM.