Toribash
Isn't it should be こんいちは?

Oh about that ん, actually it's not "nn", I usually use space key after typing n. I think it's because most of kana using something like A I U E O.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Yes, it's は like the particle, and you made a typo anyway, it's こんにちは, こん or 今 like 'now', にち or 日 like 'day' and the wa/ha particle. Though わ is apparently used as colloquialism.
There's nothing hard about hiragana, the actual cancer of learning Japanese begins when you start studying kanji. Then again without kanji the writing system would be even worse. Then there are other annoying things about the language such as weird grammar and overreliance on context. Basics are super easy to grasp, but it becomes an ordeal if you want to be proficient at the language.

PS How you type in japanese depends on your IME and settings, you can even opt for straight hiragana input if you want.
Last edited by JtanK; Sep 20, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
I probably did have a typo, my phone isn't exactly the best use when typing with fat sausage fingers.

but that's the format I've been sort of teaching myself, and so far so good, its not perfect grammar, but it's helped me get around on vacation over there haha

and the IME I'm using for either, doesn't have some of the new variations like my わ from what I understand, the newer way you'll see it is は, but theres no combination for me to use that on my current IME, so a rough direct translation こんにちわ is the best I can come up with and use. Not sure how to get my IME updated to use the correct symbols
Last edited by Hacks; Sep 20, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
は is "ha" like in spring - はる. When you write in Japanese, the topic particle is は but you read it "wa" rather than "ha" (this is done so as to confuse gaijins, don't believe anybody who tells you otherwise). In konnichiwa, wa is just that particle so by-the-book you write は, but it's acceptable to write わ when texting somebody or whatever, it's a colloquial way of writing it. It's an exception to the rule, though.

As for IME, you just have to input ha, "ore wa otoko da" must be written "ore ha otoko da" to appear correctly. If you type "wa", you get a laughable abomination.

[re] | #Polska
It's linguistic bullshit related to evolution, reforms and changes in the language over time as is the case with all the language quirks, specifically for Japanese this guy wrote some explanation online They do it to fuck with you.

[re] | #Polska
Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
I was afraid that was the reason, but to be fair.... English is much worse

Yeah but it can be understood with tough thorough thought though
Originally Posted by ConCon View Post
tough thorough thought though

this phrase looks and sounds interesting
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.