Ranking
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
If you want to request a ban for another user you must first ask their permission. If they agree to it, you both get the same ban.

I see.

10charlimit
Originally Posted by Tarlan View Post
I also remember that Crux was doing it for toricredits. You send him toricredits - he makes some magic for you. But I'm really not sure if someone doing something like that now.

Me and crux ran that service. We would accept a payment roughly worth $20 in TC for Toriprime. We would then, pay Hampa the $10 cost ourselves and activate the user's subscription through the AdminCP. Then we would sell the TC on, effectively doubling our original USD. Everyone was a winner as we increased Nabi's sales and made a little on the side ourselves. It was however tiresome.

afaik noone is currently offering this service, probably because it requires access to the AdminCP. There did used to be shops in which users would give away their password to allow another user to purchase Toriprime for them on their account in exchange for TC. These are now illegal and highly stupid.
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Me and crux ran that service. We would accept a payment roughly worth $20 in TC for Toriprime. We would then, pay Hampa the $10 cost ourselves and activate the user's subscription through the AdminCP. Then we would sell the TC on, effectively doubling our original USD. Everyone was a winner as we increased Nabi's sales and made a little on the side ourselves. It was however tiresome.

afaik noone is currently offering this service, probably because it requires access to the AdminCP. There did used to be shops in which users would give away their password to allow another user to purchase Toriprime for them on their account in exchange for TC. These are now illegal and highly stupid.

Uh, no one is offering this service because when you TSAs decided to start doing it you banned everyone else from doing it. All the other shops that were selling it at that time were closed.

I've not seen any reopen, so people probably think it will still get both parties banned.

To make things clear - is selling TP/VIP for TC allowed?
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Uh, no one is offering this service because when you TSAs decided to start doing it you banned everyone else from doing it. All the other shops that were selling it at that time were closed.

I've not seen any reopen, so people probably think it will still get both parties banned.

To make things clear - is selling TP/VIP for TC allowed?

We banned people from doing it in an unsecured way. I.e. any way that involved the trading of account details. If a user was willing to follow the same process as myself and crux were we probably would have been happy to handle the AdminCP side, after all it was boosting Nabi's sales.

I see no reason why so this would be disallowed as long as there was a willing administrator to handle things, since I can't see any being happy with being bugged to add subscriptions to accounts, it's probably not going to happen.
I'm actually surprised that you guys were allowed to profit from it. I always thought that it was just a service that you did for free out of initiative.
Especially surprised that you were allowed to profit from it since the time that you were running it coincided with the return of hanz0 who is happily keeping a half open eye watching over the Item Forgers to make sure no items go missing.

It was another time I guess. ;)
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I'm actually surprised that you guys were allowed to profit from it.

They started doing it before they were staff, I used to handle the adding when they emailed etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
We banned people from doing it in an unsecured way.

Why? Do you guys suddenly support problems where someone lets a another person log in to their account? There is 0 risk if you have half a brain (IE setting your email, not leaving random items in your account that could be stolen).

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
They started doing it before they were staff, I used to handle the adding when they emailed etc.

How to make staff my slave so I can make money?
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Why? Do you guys suddenly support problems where someone lets a another person log in to their account?

More that the staff were sick of being whinged at with the whole "I gave [insert name] my password and now they stole my account".

Far from support, we just ban them for being mongs.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Has anyone ever "won" a ban appeal?
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
If you are polite and understand what you've done wrong, it's possible to get ban shortened.
Unban happens but rarely, mostly in 'under investigation' and 'account compromised' cases.
retired