Toribash
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
wiirus, what do u do now to defend against cannon rush with toss?

anyway I like toss better and I play with them, I think they are harder to play with than Terran when u are in the lower leagues. Most of Terran players in those leagues pretty much close the entrance and go MMM. Which is a pretty strong tactic against many toss strategies. And u don't eve know what he is doing since he is closed.
In the higher leagues it gets a bit more interesting when terrans actually try to huras you other ways than cloaked banishes. And try to expand faster.

I enjoy more open, dynamic games, than waiting for the right moment to attack a bunkered terran base. Thats why I like playing against zerg the most.

Never played with terran to give my point of view, even if I do try them it will be after giving zerg a chance.

Anyway I stopped playing sc2, coz I get too nervous to play, don't have time to play 5-10 games every day, which I think is the least to improve at the speed I would want.

Back to tb I guess

I usually play 2 games a day on the weekday, and try to play as much as I can on the weekends.

For some reason, this is the only game that I really love to play. Most games are like 2 month obsessions then they just go away, but this has been about 3 quarters of a year, and I still love this game. It's just some kind of feeling, that I couldn't get from any other game.

In plain short terms: I'm a massive nerd.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
i stoppedplaying it though thinking about restrting... btw:
canonrush is so good on metalopolis so many spots that work well... you can also use the mineralline to shield your canon/pylon
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
I think zerg is super op right now.

I was always on terran, just offraced on zerg, and I just now see why it is so op.
Thors can't even win against mutas, because of magic box. Mutas are so fast, that they can attack anywhere, and marines are too slow to defend, and even stim won't even catch up to them. The ling bling can beat hellions now, because they are too weak to stand a chance, and now can get killed really easy for doing no damage at all.
You can't play standard Terran vs a lategame Zerg. It's just not possible, unless you do TONS of earlygame damage. You want to go mech? Mass mutas can counter it.
Even if he goes ling bling, without mutas, he will still win because they are too fast for the
Terran to do basically any damage. Hellions can't do anything anymore, Thors are completely useless, Siege tanks can get killed by mutas and lings fast, and mauraders can't do anything at all. Marines, they get killed by banelings. Terran is weak against anything that zerg can throw. If mutas cannot magic box Thors, maybe I can reconsider like 5% of zerg being NOT op.
Originally Posted by SoBscout View Post
Thors can't even win against mutas, because of magic box. Mutas are so fast, that they can attack anywhere, and marines are too slow to defend, and even stim won't even catch up to them.

Thors + marines = dead mutas
Thors + SCV's defend a base, you need like 50 mutas to out dps repair
1 thor by itself loses to muta
The ling bling can beat hellions now, because they are too weak to stand a chance, and now can get killed really easy for doing no damage at all.

Lings + blings in no way counter hellions
the only way thats possible is if you get a good surround or he runs into blings, a smart terran wont lose them that easily
You can't play standard Terran vs a lategame Zerg. It's just not possible, unless you do TONS of earlygame damage. You want to go mech? Mass mutas can counter it.

Mass mutas in NO way counter mech, if you have 4/5 thors mutas wont stand a chance. Also ghosts are AMAZING vs lategame zerg, snipe broodlords and emp infestors
But generally you want to put zerg under some pressure, or they will just get out of hand, its the nature of the race. (Or have a REALLY strong timing)
Even if he goes ling bling, without mutas, he will still win because they are too fast for the Terran to do basically any damage. Hellions can't do anything anymore, Thors are completely useless, Siege tanks can get killed by mutas and lings fast, and mauraders can't do anything at all. Marines, they get killed by banelings. Terran is weak against anything that zerg can throw. If mutas cannot magic box Thors, maybe I can reconsider like 5% of zerg being NOT op.

Ling bling is in NO way invincible, you need some form of support a good strategic push will shit all over it, Tanks positioned well with marines around so he cant snipe with mutas.
Marauders are used against roaches, and counter them amazingly and aren't hard to get to (tech lab so hard to make / switch for)
Hellions are still REALLY good
Thors are really good, but almost anything alone isnt that good, you need a diverse army
Siege tanks positioned well with marine support are amazing.
Terran is AMAZING once you get to a level where good terrans start utilizing drops you'll see why.

This is all coming from a masters league zerg who switched from terran.
At low levels some things seem OP, but thats just because players don't know / have the ability to counter them
I always drop in games, and he just runs them over before they can even get there because of spine crawlers.

Thors can get magic boxed then they just lose. I got magic boxed by one zerg, all of my units were thors and he had no other units, just mutas. I still lost that game, we both had 3/3
I'm only plat but yeah I think you exaggerated a bit there Sobscout :P

Also playing zerg as instigator rather than reactionary seems kind of strange to me because of the coast of zerg units.
What really doesn't make any sense to me anymore is how the crap does zerg know that I am going banshees when he never scouts my base and even sees double gas?
Every tvz I play now, my opponent goes 5 min evo chamber, and he never scouted my base, and he even builds spores to defend before I get there, once again, he didn't scout my base.
I put the factory and the starport in the middle of my base so that he wouldn't scout it, and I had marines patrolling around the whole base, and he couldn't see a thing. Yet right when I get there, there's an overseer waiting for my cloak and there are spores in case somehow the overseer is gone or dies.

Being 5 times in a row, is this some kind of build that I don't know of yet, or some really lucky blind counter? I'm kind of doubting the 2nd one.
What really doesn't make any sense to me anymore is how the crap does zerg know that I am going banshees when he never scouts my base and even sees double gas?
Every tvz I play now, my opponent goes 5 min evo chamber, and he never scouted my base, and he even builds spores to defend before I get there, once again, he didn't scout my base.
I put the factory and the starport in the middle of my base so that he wouldn't scout it, and I had marines patrolling around the whole base, and he couldn't see a thing. Yet right when I get there, there's an overseer waiting for my cloak and there are spores in case somehow the overseer is gone or dies.

Being 5 times in a row, is this some kind of build that I don't know of yet, or some really lucky blind counter? I'm kind of doubting the 2nd one.

This is bronze league right? In bronze most people turtle so it is expected that they would spore. Also consider that maybe you are being scouted and you don't realise it.

Perhaps next time when you scout the spores you should transition to MMM or mech.

Don't fight a losing battle, especially against zerg of all races! Zerg units are the least cost efficient, so if you force them to have to change, then you win on the economic front straight off.

Besides that, if they are building spores and turtling then the best option is probably just to contain them and use the economic advantage to break them. For example, tanks are great since they have nice range, they can easily break a turtle (unless they transition to broodlord, then of course you need to use vikings etc).

EDIT: Also stop trying to use a strategy that you keep loosing at... 5 losses in a row with the same strat, you definitely should mix it up.
Last edited by Gormen; Oct 10, 2011 at 01:21 PM.