Toribash
i dont have anything to add to what Orko said on Murcinary (although i wouldnt be as critical personally)

firesun: i think the first replay is just barely ormo, and the second one definitely, but the third one didnt impress me that much. the other ones had neat and very cool ways to reach the large amount of dms but this one just felt like the large amount of dms were the focus of the replay, which isnt really that big of a deal if you dont make yourself look good while doing the dms.

if you can post another replay as good as the first two i will gladly accept you though, since youre pretty close. feel free to take like 3 days or something to make a new replay if you want, for some reason every time we ask someone to post a replay they always post an old one.

will edit with matt

matt: iirc you are way faster than last time you applied (if you never applied before this will be embarassing) and overall better, but not ormo level just yet. there are still moments of hesitation that could have easily been refined and removed from the replays, or grabs that were placed in weird positions that made it hard for you to hit, like in the crotch kick in the first(?) replay. generally, if you see a mistake that you didnt fix and that was somewhat easy to fix, it will significantly decrease the chances us accepting you.
not yet, but obviously improved since i last saw a replay by you
Last edited by pusga; Nov 22, 2015 at 07:09 PM.
oh yeah
I'm not the kind of guy to spend long times on my replays so i made this one a littler early. idk if i coudld've done anything better atm
Attached Files
%Fire - Turbo masher.rpl (306.8 KB, 31 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I should have checked myself..." ~ Guy who wrecked himself
#TopKek
That last dm was weird, you kicked the lower torso and got the pec and shoulder to dm

the combo was ok, but nothing spectacular. Not sure if its ormo worthy though. I'll let pusga handle it
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
the first 3 hits are superb imo, not sure about the rest. the hit with the grab had you reverse some of your momentum and it was hard to make it look good. last hits were not particularly spectacular. im still uncertain, if nobody else submits their opinion in a day or two then i guess it is a no im sad that youve been so close 2 times in a row now, i hope someone else posts and tiebreaks. lets wait
oh yeah
Firesun: ok nobody has expressed themselves in 2 days, so the final vote will be a no unfortunately (generally when the recruiters have trouble deciding on an applicant it is taken as a no because uncertainty etc etc. basically, we didn't feel comfortable accepting someone that nobody was even sure they wanted to accept).
do come back though, you are clearly capable of making good replays already. i think you just need the replay mojo gods to strike you and make a few superb replays to convince us.

bquadz7550

Lost: you move around and do what you want to, but the replay does not exactly show huge amount of knowledge or skill on your part, if you know what i mean.

simple replays are not necessarily bad, but whenever you got to a good position or setup you did what was most convenient and obvious, while i think that the replay would show more creativity by branching out and trying uncommon things with the common positions you had. it would also take more work and skill to make it look good, since it is more difficult to work with weird and strange movements, but that's what shows whether a replaymaker can control the tori well or not.

Chocolate balls: again, the hits are somewhat done based on what opportunity gave you, instead of what you could come up with. for example, when you had the grab on uke's chest/lumbar/abs piece at frame 520, you decided to kick it immediately, which was probably the most predictable and easy thing you could have done.
i know that a replay doesn't necessarily need effort in order to be good, but since you do this so often it seems like you are turning down opportunities to do more interesting things just because doing the most obvious thing is easier.

i liked the last part because it showed that you went out of your way to do something different, and that is what i have been asking for the whole time however i think you could have thrown the glutes in the air a bit faster. it had a big build up since you took long, and when you threw it on the ground it felt anti-climatic and unsatisfying.

generally replays feel more impressive when you are one step ahead of the people watching the replay. since you took quite a long time to throw the piece in the air, i had time to watch it and predict what you were going to do.
when you watch a replay by an amazing replaymaker, you have to watch it like 3 or 4 times in order to see everything that happened. everything that they do is so impressive that you have to look at each thing individually and appreciate how it was done, whereas in an average or mediocre replay you can pretty much look at what the replaymaker is doing and immediately understand what and how it was done, all on your first time watching the replay.

Magician Mugger: some cooler ideas in this one, but the execution was somewhat lacking. i think it was the high gravity's fault honestly, it seemed like you had trouble preparing your hits because the force of gravity was pulling you down too hard

example:

w

in that kick your left hip was trying to extend but the weight of the tori was too much. this could have been fixed by trying to land with your foot flat on the ground and with the hip more extended (if that didn't work, an emergency knee contraction could be an option). i also find that lowering my shoulders makes it easier for me to stand up straight or move upwards in high gravities.

another example of the exact same thing happening:

w

here you were trying to extend your right hip but it was pretty much impossible, and it forced you to fall back and do a handspring that you probably did not want to, so that you could transition into the next grab.

nothing to say about the last two hits, they weren't very interesting but they weren't horrible to me.

no for now. just practice more this is the lamest thing anyone could tell you but it's the way to go, and it's how everyone did it. feel free to apply again when you feel very confident about your replays. good luck
Last edited by pusga; Dec 26, 2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: testing something
oh yeah