Toribash
Understand Tsuion, and thanks Orko c:

Anywho, Any idea on when i maybie could be getting my final like vote on if i'm in or not?
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
i say sure

you've been honing your craft for quite some time, and i think it's really good overall

unfortunately my vote doesn't currently mean much, still in the process of honing my craft, but uh

hey man, good job
beware
the goblin
I guess I'll give this a go. High hopes
Attached Files
!Mo--[MM] #Apocalyptic.rpl (215.0 KB, 18 views)
!Mo--[MM] #Horus.rpl (185.1 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by Move; Oct 22, 2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Chara: "Who knew people can have periods from their chests?"
alright i'll judge move

devon no longer livin: so the opener is alright until around frame 720, the way you try to regain your balance and position by raising your arm would've worked better if i think you'd done it earlier, and there's a little twitch in there thats juuust noticeable enough to make it look a little wonky. no complaints about the glute kicks other than its a little unimaginative. everything's alright till around frame 495 or so, the position and ghosting look really awkward, but i do like how you punched the lumbar and abs off previously before grabbing it and stuff.

apocalyptic: the long pause before doing anything in the opener made the twitches stand out like a sore thumb, relaxing joints when making minute changes really is a must. other than that though stuff was pulled of pretty well, nothing to complain about or comment on.

horus: there's also not much to comment on in this replay either other than the pose was kinda funny and the skeet was alright. there's no real super creative or fantastic amazing ways to get dms, just kick rotate chest second kick pose.

its a no for now, i'd work on your fluidity and creative and stuff.
Last edited by Nearly; Oct 22, 2015 at 06:50 PM.
wow that
sucked
Originally Posted by Marrez View Post
i say sure

you've been honing your craft for quite some time, and i think it's really good overall

unfortunately my vote doesn't currently mean much, still in the process of honing my craft, but uh

hey man, good job

Is that for Xioi or for me?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[UBO] [TMM] [FUTO] Leader [OSHI] [TTO] [Monk]
Originally Posted by Nearly View Post
alright i'll judge move

devon no longer livin: so the opener is alright until around frame 720, the way you try to regain your balance and position by raising your arm would've worked better if i think you'd done it earlier, and there's a little twitch in there thats juuust noticeable enough to make it look a little wonky. no complaints about the glute kicks other than its a little unimaginative. everything's alright till around frame 495 or so, the position and ghosting look really awkward, but i do like how you punched the lumbar and abs off previously before grabbing it and stuff.

apocalyptic: the long pause before doing anything in the opener made the twitches stand out like a sore thumb, relaxing joints when making minute changes really is a must. other than that though stuff was pulled of pretty well, nothing to complain about or comment on.

horus: there's also not much to comment on in this replay either other than the pose was kinda funny and the skeet was alright. there's no real super creative or fantastic amazing ways to get dms, just kick rotate chest second kick pose.

its a no for now, i'd work on your fluidity and creative and stuff.

Alright, I understand. And after our skype conversation I realised the big mistakes I've done. But knowing that you're more about flair and less about DM's, may I get someone else to talk about my replays? I just want to see what is wrong with my stuff other than flair... thanks for your time
Chara: "Who knew people can have periods from their chests?"
Originally Posted by Move View Post
Alright, I understand. And after our skype conversation I realised the big mistakes I've done. But knowing that you're more about flair and less about DM's, may I get someone else to talk about my replays? I just want to see what is wrong with my stuff other than flair... thanks for your time

kickkickboom does not a good replaymaker make
Originally Posted by Move View Post

your dms are alright but they look rushed and because of that it doesn't look like you put much effort into anything besides them.
-----
Xioi: i don't think anyone else is going to submit any further thoughts on your app, consider yourself in

will do Matt in a second
-----
Matt: you're in a stage where we can't really help you much, your replays are not that well defined yet, so your ideas don't completely translate to reality, which makes it unlikely that you will intentionally do something amazing

this isn't criticism or a bad thing though, everyone goes through this before they start making the replays that they want. the only advice you should follow right now is practice and make more replays.

Beat a cat etc.: the opener was pretty decent until you touched uke, the lift didn't leave you in an easy position to work with, but it could have been fixed with the use of more joints to spin more.

i think the dms are too straight-forward to be interesting, you just kicked whatever you could or whatever was in range, regardless of how good your setup was for the hit (which sometimes forced you to rush into forced setups, and it obviously doesn't look very intentional and pretty).

Short lil etc.: this one looked a bit less forced. your movement was minimalistic, which isn't a bad thing on itself, but i think that you didn't combine that minimalism with hits that would fit in. any sort of movement would probably look as good with those hits, so instead the movement just looks a bit lazy imo.

Old etc (i cant remember your replay names sorry dude ): this is probably the most "defined" replay, and by that i mean that it has ideas and wasn't made based on what options were easier to follow, or what hits were easier to make with the setups you had. it looks like you went out of your way to create something a bit more personal, and that's good.

as a result of that, the ideas in this replay are a bit weird, and it could have been a pretty good replay if you were experienced enough to make those unorthodox movements and hits look good. this is where practise comes in, you should make more replays and study how the game works, so that you know what to do in order to achieve what you want when editing a replay. usually if the ideas are weird, you need good execution to make them work, that right now i believe that is what you should practice.

it's a no for now, but this doesn't mean anything, nobody would have been accepted with the amount of experience you have right now. good luck
Last edited by pusga; Oct 23, 2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah