Toribash
So, my now retired grandfather (husband of my grandmother), worked 30+ year for IBM. Even so, he's always been woefully annoying when it comes to IT. For example, he (and my grandmother) used an ancient IBM laptop up until 2010, the kind that literally took more than 10 minutes to turn on and had the processing power of a retarded oyster. This only changed when I bought my grandmother a new laptop and he then bought himself an iPad to "keep up" with her.

For the last eight years their internet at home has been über-shit. We're talking 40-50 kbyte/s, steady 240p streaming if you're alone. Thinking he had some kind of oversight,I took it for granted they were just being greedos and didn't wan't to pay for a better one, though the pair of them have three houses and four BMW's.
Something something (((ashkenazim)))
Today my mother, my sister, and I was at their house without them, and the internet suddently choked itself out. Stuck at 8-10 kbytes/s and just opening my various meme suppliers took ages. I went through some old mail to find out who their internet supplier is, so I could call their support. I then find a receipt for 429 NOK, around 50 USD, which showed to be their monthly internet price. I thought that was weird, since at that price they should be getting A LOT more speed. I call their support, and the conversation revealed they pay for 8 mbit/s internet. It slso revealed they had not sent their FREE modem/router combo, since my grandfather insisted on setting it up him. Further inspection reveals the modem and router are 12 and 14 years old, not really compatible, and seem to work as one bottleneck after the other. Thanks to my grandfather's setup, they've essentially been burning 47.5 of the 50 USD monthly bill they've been paying for at least 8 years.
I got to loan my aunts router and the Internet speed went up to 800 kbyte/s.

Dad gummit
-----
At least I can game now, though. Can't believe he worked for IBM my lifespan*1.5
Last edited by liaxo; Jul 14, 2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[18:33] <Ele_> man I wish I had a dick to suck for drugfs rn
LIAXO I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ BUT PLEASE JO PARROTVSMAU
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
I was planning on meeting someone soon, babb, but if the rain doesn't stop soon I'll spend the night on irc and ingame
-----
The rain stopped, mein babb
Last edited by liaxo; Jul 14, 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[18:33] <Ele_> man I wish I had a dick to suck for drugfs rn
Anyone else getting No Man's Sky? I want to chill with some homies after probably spending several weeks to meet up in the game
FIRED UP
No Man's Sky looks like the coolest thing. Unfortunately there's no way my laptop could run it
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
lol liaxo. Grandfathers are grandfathers whether they worked at IBM or not.

If it makes you feel better, my grandmother used to think our laptops were radios. She didn't know what a laptop is. And we often heard her whisper to herself saying "poor kid, always studying always studying always studying" referring to my older brother that spent 24 hours on his laptop gaming and spending time chatting with friends.