Ranking
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

If you're in the situation where you can afford a SG, but your opponents couldn't afford an awp, then your opponents are either getting stomped, or they're doing eco, in which case it doesn't matter they ain't peeking long.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
If you're in the situation where you can afford a SG, but your opponents couldn't afford an awp, then your opponents are either getting stomped, or they're doing eco, in which case it doesn't matter they ain't peeking long.

Id say its quite an usual situation tbf. SG isnt that much more expensive than ak.
one of my party members on my deranking account got banned and caused me to derank once more

thanks vac
dreamy suicide act
Let's looks at possible income per round.

Most income you can make is $3500 after a round from winning by blowing up the bomb as T. Least income you can make is $1400 if you lose a round.

Let's assume you spent all your money on pistol round and won as T by blowing up the bomb. SG costs $3500, you earned $3500, you could buy a SG. Let's assume you do.

Let's assume somebody on CT only bought a defuse kit on pistol round. They have enough to buy a Scout. Let's assume they do, and said fuck all to playing eco like they should have.

You are now fighting a Scout on long. You have miraculously found the one situation where you might credibly buy SG and your opponent cannot buy an AWP that isn't eco. Unfortunately, this requires your opponent to be an idiot and attempt to scout while the rest of his team is eco, you likely have a person on your team using a scout already who could do the job of SG on long better, and you could have just bought a smoke grenade and an ak and still had money left over and still fucked over the scout.

Any other situation, your team has to have earned more than $3500 but less than $4750 at some point, because then you either can't afford it, or might as well just AWP on long, and your opponents had to have earned less than $3100, otherwise they'll just buy M4. And any situation where you'd want to exchange fire in long could be avoided with a $300 purchase of a smoke.
Let's looks at possible income per round.

Most income you can make is $3500 after a round from winning by blowing up the bomb as T. Least income you can make is $1400 if you lose a round.

Let's assume you spent all your money on pistol round and won as T by blowing up the bomb. SG costs $3500, you earned $3500, you could buy a SG. Let's assume you do.

Let's assume somebody on CT only bought a defuse kit on pistol round. They have enough to buy a Scout. Let's assume they do, and said fuck all to playing eco like they should have.

You are now fighting a Scout on long. You have miraculously found the one situation where you might credibly buy SG and your opponent cannot buy an AWP that isn't eco. Unfortunately, this requires your opponent to be an idiot and attempt to scout while the rest of his team is eco, you likely have a person on your team using a scout already who could do the job of SG on long better, and you could have just bought a smoke grenade and an ak and still had money left over and still fucked over the scout.

Any other situation, your team has to have earned more than $3500 but less than $4750 at some point, because then you either can't afford it, or might as well just AWP on long, and your opponents had to have earned less than $3100, otherwise they'll just buy M4. And any situation where you'd want to exchange fire in long could be avoided with a $300 purchase of a smoke.

That is just blatantly wrong, using maths and simplifying like that ignores so much of the actual gameplay. You are literally looking at only one rounds income which means very little in a 30 round game.
Quasi-buys, ecos, forces and 5x rifle buys are collectively more common than AWP rounds Id say (no data to back this up other than personal xp).

Firstly, did I say it has to be ECO? Normal ct buy round is enough. What you are saying that every buy round has to have AWP? Thats not true at all. If CT has 4500 all across the board, they are either gonna go 5x M4 or 4x m4 and 1x scout. They arent gonna eco just so that they can get awp next round.

In situations like that (which are pretty fucking common) SG shines in certain positions. Now Im not saying SG is right for every position, obviously not. But to say that it has no place or that AK is always better, is just misunderstanding the game or the weapon.
Last edited by panttersin; Jan 22, 2016 at 08:48 PM.

Originally Posted by panttersin View Post
That is just blatantly wrong, using maths and simplifying like that ignores so much of the actual gameplay. You are literally looking at only one rounds income which means very little in a 30 round game.
Quasi-buys, ecos, forces and 5x rifle buys are collectively more common than AWP rounds Id say (no data to back this up other than personal xp).

Firstly, did I say it has to be ECO? Normal ct buy round is enough. What you are saying that every buy round has to have AWP? Thats not true at all. If CT has 4500 all across the board, they are either gonna go 5x M4 or 4x m4 and 1x scout. They arent gonna eco just so that they can get awp next round.

In situations like that (which are pretty fucking common) SG shines in certain positions. Now Im not saying SG is right for every position, obviously not. But to say that it has no place or that AK is always better, is just misunderstanding the game or the weapon.

If you read my first statement properly, you would realize I said that the earliest way you could get SG was blowing up the site as T, which would provide the greatest gold difference between CT and T. This could then result in the scout v SG matchup that would justify purchasing SG, at the earliest point in the match. However, you could accomplish the same results of the SG purchasing an AK and a smoke, and save $500. Furthermore, you could just purchase a scout for a scout v scout, and then guaranteed have enough money on a round win for AWP by third round, but also have enough to buy AK on round loss. SG is a riskier purchase for more money that accomplishes little more than a cheaper. Furthermore, none of these options are even the best choice, as it's better to just buy SMGs into eco this early into the game.

And this was all assuming you had armor from the previous round, because nobody in their right mind buys an AR against eco with no armor. Furthermore, I'm ignoring the fact that extra armor penetration means nothing against eco, since armor might not even be purchased on eco rounds. In addition, I'm assuming the scout user was either cocky or an idiot, because CT should ALWAYS eco if they lose pistol round. CT guns are significantly more expensive, and the risk of losing the third round because you wasted your resources on the second round for a potshot is dumber than dumb.

So the only situations the SG would have any sort of benefit over the AK to take advantage of is: into an SMG + armor round, which would be a $3000 across the board round, while you invest ~$4000 so you don't get rekt with no armor, or an M4 + armor round, a ~$4000 across the board round, while you spend ~$4000. In the first situation, nobody will peek A long with an smg, invalidating the reason to run SG and, in the second situation, you could fight just as effectively with AK against M4 and spend less, making any trades more favorable to your team. Because at A long range, you're going to aim for the head anyways, so the extra armor pen is pretty much useless unless you suck at aiming and your opponent sucks at aiming. And in that case, the M4 will beat the SG because it has better spray.

The gun is just not cost efficient. And the window of perfect use is invalidated if you can aim well for headshots anyways. You won't make use of extra armor pen if there is no armor, or you get headshots. If you can aim, you're essentially paying $800 for a shitty red dot sight.
If you're going to try to ak against an awp on dust2 long you better pray to the rng gods.

CT should ALWAYS eco if they lose pistol round.

Not true at all. Forcing up second round on both sides is a ridiculously strong strategy considering how strong pistols are atm. The only reasons you'd want to full eco 2 rounds after pistol loss is if you want to grab an awp 4th, or your team agrees that it'd be better off to get a stronger rifle round at the expense of giving T side a 3 round lead and strong economy. Not forcing 2nd round T side is stupid because you're just handicapping yourself unless you want an awp 4th round. Forcing CT side will give you a weaker buy 4th round, but it's not like every player needs to have a full set of nades either way. You could definitely get 3x m4, w/ 2x famas+nades and get a solid setup with a nade set on either site. Alternatively you could go 2x m4, 2x famas+nades and mag-7+nades+kit depending on what map/position you play. Mag-7 is extremely versatile, you can one-shot from a decent range against armor.

Aug/Krieg is a niche weapon you should only use to tilt your opponents and nothing else. There are very, very few circumstances where it's useful and the majority of those are more your opponents mistakes. Krieg - useful dust2 pit v an awp, no not really because the awp will kill your 100% of the time if you don't smoke your way into pit, hereby you've wasted a smoke you could've used for cross or to get closer with an ak. It's simply vastly more practical to just spend $4700 to get ak+armor+full nades and properly use your nades to give yourself a tactical advantage then wasting that money on a krieg. Simply being selfish and inefficient.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I think anyone who full buys after winning the first round is slightly out of it.
Pistols are OP and if you're facing T, they can still use Tec-9 to kill you with 1-2 hits. It's not worth buying a gun that is going to make you not able to buy next round. I prefer to light buy or buy a pistol after the first round.

SG's are actually fairly good, but when you're scoped in your field of view gets smaller and your movement gets slowed down, etc... I prefer it over an AK when it comes to long but I don't really like using it at close range. I'm just not that comfortable using an SG close range, Mid-Long range engages I'm all for the SG. However, if your team can't afford smokes and other nades. You should probably just go with the AK and buy the smoke for your team.

Really just comes down to your playstyle, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation