Toribash
Trying to catch up with all the activity here.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Lol'd
Hang in there. Teaching is hard only if you're as smart or dumber than the learners.

I did teaching stuffs:
I was in martial arts. I was teaching people before I got my black belt. I became an associate instructor dude and had to help correct de'm black belts at times. It wasn't fun, but you shouldn't even worry too much if you're at least a bit more adept than your students. :P (some of them were 2 years older than me) I did my best never to contradict them. At the time, black belts obviously knew more than me, but sometimes they didn't notice something was wrong with there movements or form, etc.

Also Zelda, don't fret dawg ;O Find a way to go with he flow

I know this post was from ages ago, but I never got round to properly responding. Don't worry, it is nowhere near as hard as that, I find it easy to "teach" them. Whether they actually learn anything is an entirely different matter though. I feel sorry for them, not myself. Teaching kids I am better educated than does amazing things to my ego.

Originally Posted by ChuckNinja View Post
To truly substantiate my aspirations of joining this notable clan I made a jolly poem.

I call it Toribash Forumé

Toribash Forumé

The Staff quitted, in the forum lay the post,
The thread is latent, like a white wide band,
Towards the column's portal, users left and stand
In the thread, fools form and boast.

-ChuckNinja, 2014.

Poetry huh? I only write limericks.

I am not on good form today, sorry. I could find a couple I wrote earlier if I still haven't embarrassed myself too much. At least usually they rhyme properly rather than just phonetically.

There's a clan called too long; didn't read,
which everyone agreed would succeed.
It's members were all good
and they all understood,
that class is what toribash clans need.

I'm sorry it is so terrible.
My writing skills are just horrible,
perhaps once they were fine.
But on the final line,
I always exceed nine syllables.

Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
I would like to inform you that I also am a decent artist.
If you would like to view a sample of my work, please click here: http://i.imgur.com/9WPOJyb.jpg
This is what I am currently working on: http://i.imgur.com/7SaRUCA.jpg

Why is your art so sad? I thought you had recovered from depression, or have I oversimplified it massively in the worst, most unsympathetic and thoughtless way imaginable?

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
We'll teach you how to fly, man.

drops mic

Permission to make it a rule that all tl;dr members must end every post here with:

*[insert personalised action indicative of rejection and/or destruction of] mic*

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I'm honered, but I can't take all the credit. I'd like to thank our absolutely wonderful founding team. Very critical to propping us up to where we are now, a week later :claps:

Ha, I refuse to include myself in this group. I just make posts talking about my life here. All the work is cut out for me by you hard working busy bees. Oh yeah, I would like to second this feeling of gratitude towards those who helped. I really don't deserve to call myself leader of this classy internet establishment but it happened so I ain't leaving.

P.s. Sorry I haven't been on IRC recently, I am shy and tend to say stupid, embarrassing stuff when in live conversation because I don't have enough time to hide my natural stupidity with long words I need to look up the meaning of. I am going on now.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Noir: I like the set, the ideia is great. I just think that its a bit blurry, if you could fix that would be good. Other than that I will give you some credit, since you started using mudbox a few days ago. I also used to do art stuff back when I had my computer, I will search through the forums to post here.

Thanks fo your comment. Actually, I have not tried very hard over this set. I just combined the two into a single work. Wanted to make this set a long time ago, but was unable to. But now, when I got mudbox I decided to realize my idea and at the same time to try something new for me in this program. It sounds funny, but I'm not really trying, when I do something for myself. I laid out in full when doing something for the people or for sale. For these reasons, I did not show this set on my page( it sucks lol, jk) Soon, I'll rest and I take for more serious work

Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Click the b-ball to vote. It is a link

IIInsanEEE: Gratz on the awesome looking event, but I prefer to be referred to as "Founding Princess" rather than "Founding Father". It's not a big deal since it was your first time but don't let me catch you doing it again ok?

Also a big thank you to Nerti as well, I haven't forgotten you.

On voting: Can't choose between Samux and Vincent. Which one had the best manners?

On fencing: I was late to fencing today because of personal reasons and two other members of the fencing club had already shotgunned the two sabres so no maraiging steel sabres for me I guess. Oh well. By the way, I have no idea how to spell maraiging steel. And I think Fencing is classically considered a martial art (although I haven't checked). Anyway, regardless of its actual status I don't think it should be since it isn't actually an actual combat technique. Fencing is just the art/sport of practicing sword fighting, it does not go into the realms of actually teaching you to maim or kill your various adversaries. That is why it is so annoying when people complain about the rules not reflecting real fighting. Fencer's aren't fighting.

Redundant: that music is really good. I can't really offer any worthwhile reaction because I am not very musical myself but it is certainly the right balance of inspiration, excitement and calm for me.

Heh guys, looks like I'm only one fat person here xD I never studied martial arts. But I studied at art school for seven years c:

Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
Pardon me, your high majesty. It shall not happen again.

Nerti is a good host and a good teacher too, even tho I didn't asked him much he was kind and funny at the event.

My opinion is seeeecrit :~~~~~~

On Fencing: Really nice sport, I think it is indeed a martial art since Martial Art does not reflect directly on combat (even tho it's their most accepted meaning). Sometimes when I'm too broken to hit the sand bag I put my fast gloves on and hit the air, this is really comfortable and gives me slight different results, I like it, the cardio involved is great. I like fencing, but it's not 'a real sport' over here so it drags me down on watching it.

Redundant is a cool guy.

Confirmed, Redundant is high :v
-----
Hey you, above xD easy man
Last edited by Noir; Mar 7, 2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
On Fencing: Really nice sport, I think it is indeed a martial art since Martial Art does not reflect directly on combat (even tho it's their most accepted meaning). Sometimes when I'm too broken to hit the sand bag I put my fast gloves on and hit the air, this is really comfortable and gives me slight different results, I like it, the cardio involved is great. I like fencing, but it's not 'a real sport' over here so it drags me down on watching it.

Redundant is a cool guy.

Not many people fence in England either, but I go to an all boys private school. The kind which spends millions of pound on a new rackets court made of red and black marble despite the fact that only a handful of guys play it. The most expensive/valuable area of the school is the cricket green, it has ground men working on it all day coming up to summer term (when cricket is a sports option). Oh, and the lower three years (Novi, second year and third year) have to wear tweed blazers. And yeah, Novi means new in Latin. It is fine to call someone a noob as long as it's in Latin right? Anyway, not many schools have large fencing squads.
Good morning sweet princess
These posts are so large and in depth, I like it.

Nice Dunk Contest, IIInsanEEE and Nerti.
My vote has been entered and I'm sure the person that has the best dunk to win will win.
Nice job hosting and good luck to all!
father of philip scone
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Not many people fence in England either, but I go to an all boys private school. The kind which spends millions of pound on a new rackets court made of red and black marble despite the fact that only a handful of guys play it. The most expensive/valuable area of the school is the cricket green, it has ground men working on it all day coming up to summer term (when cricket is a sports option). Oh, and the lower three years (Novi, second year and third year) have to wear tweed blazers. And yeah, Novi means new in Latin. It is fine to call someone a noob as long as it's in Latin right? Anyway, not many schools have large fencing squads.

It seems like you have a future then I guess? Are you up to? Is something you really like or it's just something to skip time?? Are you skilled in it? Maybe something above the average huh?

And yea, I used to call new programmers in my shift Novi, but that was not soooo cool since portuguese is about 80% Latin, it's easy to figure out meanings. So I just started to call them "Dumb", anyone noticed yet, english ftw.
Thanks for the kind words Zelda, IIInsanEEE.
It'd be nice if we have a weekly tourney (which we've had so far).

If anyone's up for a tourney tonight, ping me in IRC and we'll plan it out.
Last edited by nerti; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by Ele
Also, Jodus and zwouter - what rank name would you like? For ALL the new recruits, what sort of member art would you like (tell IIInsanEEE or you could make one yourself if you're so inclined)?

I'd be happy with anything, so why not "anything"

Welcome Jodus, zwoulter, ego, Chuckninja and Hux! It's nice to have you guys aboard.

zwoulter.

I've had that fencing at school once, we had 3 lessons. It's a sport the really rich ones play around here, like golf. I personally didn't like it, but I guess I only remember the part of sweaty helmets we had to wear.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry zwouter, didn't noticed that.

Regarding the tourneys, you guys are doing a good job. I'd like just to suggest again that we save the 50k for official application (today we had only 40k in the bank). We can do it by calculating how much TC we are going to use as reward before hosting plus the global price; so if it all makes we have less than 50k in the vault, the tourney should not be hosted or the prize should be modified, in order to preserve the 50k.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Daedalus; Mar 7, 2015 at 11:51 PM.
ChuckNinja and Potato have been added to the clans new blacklist for lying and trolling like an idiot. Still looking to see if Redundant and Snor are on the same side.

http://i.imgur.com/ofueozU.png

gg and goodbye scrubs
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Sorry zwouter, didn't noticed that.

Regarding the tourneys, you guys are doing a good job. I'd like just to suggest again that we save the 50k for official application (today we had only 40k in the bank). We can do it by calculating how much TC we are going to use as reward before hosting plus the global price; so if it all makes we have less than 50k in the vault, the tourney should not be hosted or the prize should be modified, in order to preserve the 50k.

Thoughts?

This math is being done already, Ele agreed with this idea, today I've sent 40k to Ele so he could transfer it to the TLDRBank (it needs 20 more games to receive more TC) so our final is 80k.

Originally Posted by Link View Post
ChuckNinja and Potato have been added to the clans new blacklist for lying and trolling like an idiot. Still looking to see if Redundant and Snor are on the same side.

http://i.imgur.com/ofueozU.png

gg and goodbye scrubs

Nice move Link.
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Mar 8, 2015 at 12:17 AM.