Toribash
Hey guys I'm going to model, and I need to know somethings:
How I can "map" my object to do the texture in photoshop like this:

This

And how I can make one image on the "background" to it reflex on the materials like that:

I think the name is HDRI I'm right?

[No-Mercy ~Co-Lider] [BTO ~Member] [T3AL ~Member] [JUJU ~ é treta]
[GATA
~Member] [Join on my ~FanClub][Juju Salimeni ~Lover] [Point Blank ~Player]
Need one set? Head? Art? PM-me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That map is a diffuse UV map, to generate one you need to unwrap the mesh. If you google "<program you use> unwrap tutorial" you will get a lot probably. Usually you unwrap the mesh and get your UV map, then export it as vectors so you can work on it in photoshop.

That HDRI map also depends on the program you are using, sorry there's no universal way to do it, even though the concepts are universal.
oh he also used a HDRI texture on the ball.

This is what it looks like.
http://www.fallingpixel.com/products...ee_preview.jpg

Basically just 360 degree textures. That 360 degree texture on the ball in combination with the 360 degree texture reflecting on the ball from the background and from the sky, will create realistic reflections of chrome, silver, metal etc if you will. You can adjust what you want the surface to look like as well. so you normally have a HDRI texture on the ball in combination with some funky material settings, bumpmapping etc. And with the right lighting as well the scene will be really awesome.
Last edited by Ezeth; Sep 12, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Although it is a texture, it's not a diffuse texture generally. It's an emission/emission diffuse map (emission -> value, emission diffuse -> RGB).

I wonder how you can 'from scratch' set up the way that bump/displacement maps interact with the emission map. You obviously need to distort the HDRI based on the normals and displacement, but it sounds tricky to do from scratch.
Ok thanks a lot, and how I can make the 3D combining with a real video?
[No-Mercy ~Co-Lider] [BTO ~Member] [T3AL ~Member] [JUJU ~ é treta]
[GATA
~Member] [Join on my ~FanClub][Juju Salimeni ~Lover] [Point Blank ~Player]
Need one set? Head? Art? PM-me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
emission map?

Uh sorry, that might be a blender specific term.

It's the kind of map that defines where light should be emitted. Since you are faking a reflection it's all about the light.
oh, I think the professional term is spectular map, not completely sure.

Specular maps are the maps you use to define a surface's shininess and highlight colour.
The higher the value of a pixel (from black to white), the shinier the surface will appear in-game. Therefore, surfaces such as dry stone or cotton fabric would tend to have a very dark specular map, while surfaces like polished chrome or plastic would tend to have lighter specular maps.
Last edited by Ezeth; Sep 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Specular is different to emmision.

http://www.anim8or.com/manual/10_materials.html

Left to right, top row: diffuse, specular, emissive
Bottom row: alpha, bump map, diffuse+bump map

There's tons of types of maps; diffuse, diffuse width, transparency, specular, specular width, specular colour, emissive, emissive diffuse, ambient, reflective, etc etc.

Dominance War example (it's not my favourite example, but I couldn't find my favourite...)

Left to right, top row: diffuse (transparency in alpha), specular (specular colour in RGB, specular width in alpha), normals
bottom row: emission colour, emission map, diffuse (transparency in alpha)

Grey-scale maps are often attached to their respective maps via the alpha channel.

Well that got a little offtopic, but just wanted to make a bit of a comprehensive post JUST BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT.