Toribash
Originally Posted by Zekiller22 View Post
How did u mods come up with your names. They are very unique and they interest me

By combining our intellect with hands & keyboards

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Hmm well what sparked u to type skulfuk because right when u started typing u weren't like ima put down skulfuk because I like to party. And if u did that's great ;)
R.I.P
In my case, friends call me like that from highschool up to now. It expanded through university, and even some teachers call me like this.
Not a big deal, just a surname modification (Wisner -> A -> B -> C -> ... -> N -> Tinerr)
The A, B, C, etc story is kind of hard to explain in english right now + quite boring without context.
I have a quick question what game engine does toribash run on ?
reason I ask this is ,because my crew and I started a creating a game and the physics of it is so much different from that of toribash etc.(Jentering the Game crafter comp)We are right now using Unity3D engine & with excepting of Open GL etc (Crysis3 engine will make your pc bleed to death e_e). So yeah Just want to know what engine TB runs on. ps: Sadly we are on a strict budget can't afford 15,000 (WiiWare, per title), $30,000 (Wii, per title) just yet. well maybe wiiware but still.
Ty for your time.
Toribash Senior |Wushu Master| YouTube Dancer |Video Editor| Senior Gfx artist| Univ of Penn Alumni|#Ivyleague
Originally Posted by EvilStealthWarrior View Post
reason I ask this is ,because my crew and I started a creating a game and the physics of it is so much different from that of toribash etc.(Jentering the Game crafter comp)We are right now using Unity3D engine & with excepting of Open GL etc (Crysis3 engine will make your pc bleed to death e_e). So yeah Just want to know what engine TB runs on. ps: Sadly we are on a strict budget can't afford 15,000 (WiiWare, per title), $30,000 (Wii, per title) just yet. well maybe wiiware but still.
Ty for your time.

Last I heard, the windows version is a custom made c++ engine.
Originally Posted by EvilStealthWarrior View Post
Ty for your time.

As the cow said it's pretty much DIY. It uses ODE for physics but the rest should be considered custom.

As a rule of thumb never expect to get something on a console unless they have a relatively open indie policy (XBLIG etc). They're only interested in making money, thus most the time when an indie game gets allowed on the normal service it's because they won awards or managed to become extremely high profile. In TB's case you just need to look at toribash.com to spot the awards etc, thus Wii. Another good example would be Super Meat Boy which was extremely high profile.

Also remember that you not only need to take dev licences & tools into account, you also need to get dev machines (the Wii is still the cheapest excluding niche products like the Ouya) and the game needs to be given the green light before it'll be allowed release. Simply put, even if you had all the kit there's no guarantee that the game will be allowed onto the machine without a big publisher backing it.

IMO fuck consoles if you're indie. You'll hit a far bigger market by sticking to PC/Mac/*nix; the latter recently seeing a gaming surge since Steam was released on it. It's also less restrictive than working on a console, leaving you free to make exactly what you want rather than what you're told.

In short, make the game, stick to PC, ensure it's what you want to make rather than what you think people want (it'll turn out better if it's something you personally believe in) and good luck with it. As a final piece of advice stick to small projects initially, people have a habit of biting off more than they can chew for their first game & it never gets finished.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Mar 21, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Last I heard, the windows version is a custom made c++ engine.

hmmmmm, thxs (also long time no see)
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
As the cow said it's pretty much DIY. It uses ODE for physics but the rest should be considered custom.

As a rule of thumb never expect to get something on a console unless they have a relatively open indie policy (XBLIG etc). They're only interested in making money, thus most the time when an indie game gets allowed on the normal service it's because they won awards or managed to become extremely high profile. In TB's case you just need to look at toribash.com to spot the awards etc, thus Wii. Another good example would be Super Meat Boy which was extremely high profile.

Also remember that you not only need to take dev licences & tools into account, you also need to get dev machines (the Wii is still the cheapest excluding niche products like the Ouya) and the game needs to be given the green light before it'll be allowed release. Simply put, even if you had all the kit there's no guarantee that the game will be allowed onto the machine without a big publisher backing it.

IMO fuck consoles if you're indie. You'll hit a far bigger market by sticking to PC/Mac/*nix; the latter recently seeing a gaming surge since Steam was released on it. It's also less restrictive than working on a console, leaving you free to make exactly what you want rather than what you're told.

In short, make the game, stick to PC, ensure it's what you want to make rather than what you think people want (it'll turn out better if it's something you personally believe in) and good luck with it. As a final piece of advice stick to small projects initially, people have a habit of biting off more than they can chew for their first game & it never gets finished.

ahhhhh I really appreciate you replying thxs m8 .Yeah I like how you talk about the greediness of console companies etc. We've been working on different things since 2005,& actually helped with the update or 3d version of Lemmingball z 3D. (indie game). This new game we're come up with is something quite different lol. Pc rules*,but beware of cloud gaming(which is also pc e_e)
Toribash Senior |Wushu Master| YouTube Dancer |Video Editor| Senior Gfx artist| Univ of Penn Alumni|#Ivyleague
I wouldn't say it's specifically greediness, it's just how that end of the market works.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Is it possible to send money to someone from the staff via Western Union and that person then activates you Toriprime or VIP (depends how much money is sent)?

Because, for some, PayPal is just not an option.

So, let's say, hypothetically: I send some euros to someone from staff that is closes to my location, and then he do some magic for me?