Toribash
Originally Posted by WeRd View Post
scout that shit...get more queens / spore colonies brah

I always do, and no matter how many queens or spores that I make it doesn't seem to be enough, because maybe
1. he would have phoenixes to kill gb my queens
2. I would have to get a fast Lair or he would get cloaked banshees or
3. I wouldn't have enough mutas against zerg because when he loses against ground army he just builds 100000+ spines then gets mass muta.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Decided to get myself ranked again since I started playing a little. Plat on NA for 1v1s now.

AA for zerg is kind of annoying. If it is just banshees then even 2 infestors and an overseer can easily scare them off. If it is viking raiders then use hydras to hit them before the land. Against void rush I prefer hydras since they are cheap and voids can't take them out fast.

Scout properly and you will see the air rush before he can do any damage, and you should have your counter up before his air comes in.

Of course you should also raid to prevent his expansion and economy, since zerg is 100% about map domination. Keep him under pressure at the front door, prevent his natural, then back door him with raiders like roaches, mutas, nyduss or overlord transport.

Bottom line, don't let him dictate the game.
So, assuming I have scouted an early forge (as in, even before the first gateway), how do I prepare for a cannon rush?

How many workers should I pull off to kill the pylon? Or should I kill the worker sent by my opponent?
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
what race do u play wiirus?

if protos, block his cannon expansion in your base with 1 cannon, and precede in normal play and u are safe, u will most likely win if he went all in cannon rush
if zerg - same thing just spinecrawler
if terran - I have no idea, I don't play terran, but cannon rush rarely works, if ever on terran

at least thats a humble opinion of a gold 1v1, platinum 2v2 player
Last edited by missuse; Sep 6, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
wishful eyes deceive me
Well, right now I am usually plaing Protoss.
Problem is, that until I have my own forge (He went forge-first, I went Gate-first) and therefore my own cannons, his pylon in my base is already finished. and his cannon is done a bit after I booosted out my first zealot.

(That's how it went last time for me)

As soon as I attack his pylon with my workers, he cancels it. And I can't seem to catch his own worker. (Until my Zealot is done ofc)

at least thats a humble opinion of a gold 1v1, platinum 2v2 player

I value it a lot, as I didn't even play my placement matches.
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
Originally Posted by wiirus View Post
Well, right now I am usually plaing Protoss.
Problem is, that until I have my own forge (He went forge-first, I went Gate-first) and therefore my own cannons, his pylon in my base is already finished. and his cannon is done a bit after I booosted out my first zealot.

(That's how it went last time for me)

As soon as I attack his pylon with my workers, he cancels it. And I can't seem to catch his own worker. (Until my Zealot is done ofc)

I value it a lot, as I didn't even play my placement matches.

Most of the games I play involves killing the probe.
No matter what he puts down, always kill the probe/probes that he is using to cannon rush you.
Most likely when you kill the probe, and start attacking the pylon, he will cancel it. If he still wants to actually build cannons, always have another probe to spot anymore probes that are put down.
I don't know about you, but for me it works almost every time.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Playing casual 2s, suddenly creep everywhere, zerg player has immense diverse army, completely overrun despite valiant efforts.
zerg: "what league are you?"
me: "plat" "wp, gg"
surrenders
checks zerg profile after game; zerg finished in top 8 master league last round...

What an unlucky opponent to have in a 2s placement! His protoss ally wasn't so good though, just stalker mass, so easily killable even with burrowed lings + fungal.

How to beat cannon rush: Don't let the worker up your ramp, once you scout the forge send 4 workers or so to complete the block or build something to kill them. Generally by then I (zerg) have some lings that do the job, but if you don't then workers can do it, just remember to kill the probe and the pylon simultaneously, and surround the probe or it will just run and run and run :/
Finally made it to gold in 3v3's with my mates, expecting some good macro oriented games.
But no, cheese, cheese and more cheese.
It makes me quite sad...
i've only seen people doing sweet strategies (like mass tanks+mass expands for terran while P is doing crazy harass with 3 stargate phoenix) in 2v2 tourneys or clan leagues, looks like ladder teamgames are pure cheese.
Aliens | ORMO