Toribash
Ok thx man

Wait so... How many votes do I need to get accepted? Or to get rejected?

I have another replay to back up my app
Attached Files
xX Mr. Dickens XX V3.rpl (173.6 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by sdsman; Sep 22, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Duck's little internet assistant
TMM|Aether
Hey guys!
I applied for ORMO about 2 years ago, but this is my first application post hiatus

Chances of me getting in are like 15%, but I just wanna see where I am right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Originally Posted by Nagato9757 View Post
I just wanna see where I am right now.

not in ormo heyoooooooo work on cleanliness or something.

@sdsman only one "no" is needed to get denierd from ormo, sorry bud.
wow that
sucked
Originally Posted by Nagato9757 View Post
I just wanna see where I am right now.

im afraid this is not a good reason to make an application, this isnt supposed to be a free cnc thread.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
im afraid this is not a good reason to make an application, this isnt supposed to be a free cnc thread.

I understand. Just didn't want to sound likr a cocky bastard. I did read the furst post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
ball is life: very simple replay, aside from the opener i guess. well made, but lacking in the creativity department. i will consider it your display of execution, so if the other 2 replays are more inspired, i won't complain about this one.

skeetalicious: the knee spin/trick at 420 was delicious. its funny since there are a bunch of things that look good in that part of the replay that i would usually consider flaws. namely, the left knee being contracted and then extended again to push off the floor, and then contracted again. i think it works because it gives your body a really "wobbly" vibe. i would probably just tell you "don't do that" and then tell you to hold the lumbar, but here it actually looks nice imo.

i like how you decided to kick the knee, a split or something that would seperate both major body parts would be riskier and way harder to continue.

everything after that is just cool hits. there seems to be this trend now that ukebashing is only good if you're going fast and if the hits are violent, but slow bashing is as hard to do imo, since you have to worry about a more uncommon problem, which is being too abrupt. it is hard to get a hit powerful enough to break uke out of a slow swing, so alternating between hitting and moving slowly is a challenge and looks twitchy and sudden if you're not careful, i've experienced it before.
my only issue is the elbow kick, after your knee extends, the hip just kinda stops moving and it looks a little stiff.

scroll it: cool decap. that's all i have to say though, i was expecting something that would trump the other two replays. this replay has "style", but practically nothing new or distinct in it.
the first replay kinda obligated me to expect more from the other two, and the second one was acceptable, but i would only accept it if it was like the weaker of the 3 replays in a good application. due to that, the third replay would have to be really really impressive for me to accept you, but it's too simple to be either amazing or terrible.

i don't feel good saying that you got denied for being too "simple", because simple replays can be very effective, you just have to put a really good twist on them. when a replay is short and uninspired, it usually just serves as a way to measure your execution, which means that putting any other simple replays in your application is a huge gamble. the less i have to evaluate, the less conlusions i can draw.

i noticed that you like to make simple replays. that is fine, it is possible to have high quality and creative replays where you do 1 or 2 dms. if you want to keep making replays like the ones you do right now, i don't have any problem, the only issue is that you will have to work extremely hard to impress us with such replay "premises" that almost always lead to replays that aren't innovative or show little technical expertise.

if you do in fact wish to make smarter, quirkier and more creative replays, i would totally accept an application with 3 replays as simple and as good as Bisonic - Carousel, they would just need to be distinct and show a huge amount of skills.
i just think that when you have short replays, they really need to be amazing for all of their duration. taking no risks with a short replay is often a blueprint for forgettable stuff.

right now it's no, but i agree with Larfen in that i think you can be really good, usually the people who take longer to improve become really good due to huge amount of experience with basic replay knowledge.
oh yeah
These replays should be good enough...
Attached Files
#YoungSandM_Wilo.rpl (320.4 KB, 26 views)
#YoungSandm_bLOK.rpl (297.1 KB, 24 views)
#YoungSandM_Smooth Decap.rpl (60.5 KB, 19 views)
"Joining ormo should not be seen primarily as an achievement but as an indication of what your future could be". ~Pusga
do you think you could fix the frames on your replays? i can't accurately judge stuff until i watch them 3 times over since the first 2 go arounds lag out.
wow that
sucked