Ranking
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Yeah tp already has one, I don't think the general public could withstand your nips comp

tp doesn't deserve to be associated with the rest of the forum lol

we had pictures of naked statues at one point
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Yeah tp already has one, I don't think the general public could withstand your nips comp

my nipples are amazing kill yourself
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
my nipples are amazing kill yourself

naaaaaaaaaaah
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Ok since we seem to talk about useless crap 24/7 in this thread, I think we should try to achieve a minimum of 3 posts in concession that make sense and are related.
ok is your head hurting at this concept yet? its not going to be easy, but if we stick together we can do this.

Recently in school I learned about the concept of human will (so yesterday),and it's interesting.
What drives you to get up each and every morning and go through the same tedious routines that you do everyday that you don't want to do because you never thought your life would amount to sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day.
Is it a negative universal force that makes us keep doing what other people tell us to do because the alternative is to fight it, which will ultimately result in our failure because everyone around us is caught in the same loop and doesn't know how to escape it. This means that we don't have desires or hopes or dreams, because everything we want or do is motivated by the will, which tells us that we need to go to school everyday whether or not we want to, because we need to get that doctorate, because we need to get a job that pays lots of money. All of these ideas are given to us and we listen to the will, because we don't see any other option because we are engulfed by the immense force of the will (which is essentially every single person around us, who is engulfed by the same thing, we engulf others as we become engulfed by the will). Meaning everything we do is a complete waste of time and energy because they are not our own desires, and the majority of us do not deserve our lives since we don't do anything with them.

The other idea is that the will is a positive force that drives us to do good with our lives, and to explore and be curious. The will is not something that makes us waste our lives, but makes us examine what we see and do. This force is essentially art, music, knowledge. The will in this sense is our pursuit for knowledge. It drives us to do good things with what we learn as we go through life, and we use the knowledge that we gain to better the world and everything around us, rather then to simply put it aside as something we learned today which brings no excitement. Instead everything new excites, amazes and inspires us to keep living and to do new things.

Philosophy class is the fucking best ok
easily my best post on the forums yet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
will is a little monster running around inside your guts pulling all the cranks and levers to make you go places and stuff. i know this cuz i went to medical school.
wow that
sucked
philosophy class is shit when you talk about something you dont like

the only reason i have to follow the streamlined process of education (get the degree, etc) is not because ive been taught that its a useful thing, its because i know that its a good thing, and thats something i learned through the process of observation. i have seen people fail at getting a job because their degree is useless/they dont have one, and i have seen people get employed because they have education. i dont need anyone to tell me that, as i can see it if i get the chance to in life (which most people probably would). any sane human being will, at some point in life, want to confirm what he hears, because knowledge is used to make better decisions. there is no such thing as being indifferent. people are not as "sheeple" as the edgelords controlling the media make it seem.

regarding the second paragraph, we search knowledge mostly because it allows us to make better decisions towards our goals (the goals are irrelevant, that would depend on your moral compass. this is a cool subject once you study Kant and Mill, if you havent already)

curiosity comes from trying to understand our world. it is still around today. the idea of gods appeared once people wondered about the afterlife, and once they tried to justify a lot of stuff that they couldnt explain. the concept of gods came from our fear and curiosity, so yes curiosity is a powerful thing. i recommend you check out stuff like the ontologic argument, and the other arguments that explain the existance of god (cant remember any of the names atm)

you mentioned something about not doing good and wasting our lives, or something. according to Kant, doing good would be exactly that: sacrificing your own consideration for yourself. according to him, there are three types of action:

a bad action. you do something because it is evil or prejudicial. simple

an action according to duty. this is an action that causes good, but your intentions were secondary. for example, you help an old lady cross the street to impress a girl. you did a good action, but it did not follow Kants criteria of a truly good action:

action done because of duty. you did this action because it was the right thing to do. no inclinations, no secondary objectives. this, however, would require willpower that only a fucking saint would have. we can even go in religious territory and see how this is the type of action that, if always practiced, would lead you to heaven, but its nearly impossible, and thus agnosticism was born, yadayada etc. but thats way off topic
-----
btw your teacher sounds super liberalist and biased, you sure its a good teacher?
Last edited by pusga; Sep 19, 2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Yeah, I havent studied many philosophers yet, we've just discussed Descartes and we skimmed over Kant and schrodner briefly.
Schrodner gave the idea that we waste our lives because the majority of people don't do anything with their time. They are told that they need to go into a certain field because thats the only way we can make enough money to support our families. In actual practice, have you ever noticed how lots of adults are dull and miserable despite having everything they think they want. As a 20 year old they tell themselves that they'll travel the world when they're older and more financially stable, but that doesnt happen because when they get a job theyre told that if they take a year off they'll lose their job. Then they don't do anything due to that pressure from society which tells them to submit because thats the only way they'll be happy, through money. That's Schroeders idea and principal which you can see everyday in life. I can see it everyday everywhere, Idk it could be different elswhere in the world.
There are exceptions to this idea that you see but the general public you see everyday that drags themselves out of bed everyday to do something that they don't want to really embodies this idea.

Pusga, I'm loving the class so far, its the only one I really look forward to besides commtech. We went into more detail about Kant and schroeder today, ill definetly check out the ontological argument and stuff.
Oh, my teacher isnt really biased, obviously he is a bit but he was just introducing my class to Kant and Schroeder so he didnt go really in-depth into their philosophies and whatnot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|