Toribash
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
They changed the elo to rank mapping, so instead of say 1600 being LEM, 1600 is now GNM and LEM is 2200 (for example). Thus unless you were top of GE and didn't move down (eg you were at 5000, GE was at 3000 and now is at 4000) then you should have moved down.

If you didn't move down, then just be thankful because that's probably a glitch XD Although theoretically you could have just had some crazy lucky games and stolen enough elo to "stay" at your old rank, but that's super unlikely (since you aren't actually keeping rank but instead you are actually ranking up).

I won 3 games, and it pushed me down 5 ranks (DMG ->GN3) ^^

Also even though volvo said that mm is purely by elo not by rank, has anyone actually seen people +-5 ranks playing against them? I've only seen people within 1 rank of me in any game. That seems super unlikely.

I went on a 16 game winstreak. And I deranked. Into silver 3.

I sold all my skins and quit on the spot.
Hoss.
They changed the elo to rank mapping, so instead of say 1600 being LEM, 1600 is now GNM and LEM is 2200 (for example). Thus unless you were top of GE and didn't move down (eg you were at 5000, GE was at 3000 and now is at 4000) then you should have moved down.

If you didn't move down, then just be thankful because that's probably a glitch XD Although theoretically you could have just had some crazy lucky games and stolen enough elo to "stay" at your old rank, but that's super unlikely (since you aren't actually keeping rank but instead you are actually ranking up).

Also even though volvo said that mm is purely by elo not by rank, has anyone actually seen people +-5 ranks playing against them? I've only seen people within 1 rank of me in any game. That seems super unlikely.

I've played against LEs/LEMs as an MGE. They didn't play much better than me, if at all, and they probably haven't played much since the rank shifts. None of my games with LEs/LEMs have been whitewashes so far, except for this one on Office (I was queued with everyone there, so that explains the supremes and LEMs, but soloq i've gotten them too).

asdasdasd

Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
how to make the net_graph look that small?

have a huge monitor
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by dank View Post
have a huge monitor

His image is at 1680x1050.

Assuming it hasn't been resized, the net graph size is really small in comparison to mine (and I play on 1920x1080)

or maybe I'm high and it's just because of the aspect ratio.
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
His image is at 1680x1050.

Assuming it hasn't been resized, the net graph size is really small in comparison to mine (and I play on 1920x1080)

or maybe I'm high and it's just because of the aspect ratio.

There's a command for it, net_graphheight 80 or something along those lines.

I know why people are deranking, but people should only be going down 1/2 ranks at most, but everyone complains about how they dropped like 5 ranks.

Stop baiting your teammates and maybe you'll win games. XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
my LE account lost its rank because I haven't played in a long time so I tried to give it a go to see how csgo was after so long

I dropped a 40 bomb and lost, then next game I drop a 34 kill game and win, and I get MG1. Not really complaining though since I think I understand how the ranking system shifted

Also when you're a low rank and sometimes play with much higher or lower ranks, that's usually because the enemy team queued with stupid ranks- at least that's how it used to work, unsure if that is still true.
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
I know why people are deranking, but people should only be going down 1/2 ranks at most, but everyone complains about how they dropped like 5 ranks.

Stop baiting your teammates and maybe you'll win games. XD

It's not really deranking, they re stratified the ranks, if you didn't go down 5 ranks then you must have gone up the equivalent of 5 ranks. Eg if you were gnm and you kept playing and didn't go down, then if there was no rank adjustment you would have actually ranked up to dmg (which shouldn't actually be possible by the way, because even if you have a huge win streak you will still downrank way faster than you can rankup, My first 3 games were wins, I lost 2 ranks on the first games 2 ranks on the second, 1 rank on the third, it's not even possible to steal 2 ranks in 1 game as far as I know lol).

If you were very top of GE or you had a low rank to start with (silver or gold) or you don't have many games played (still have heavy rank calibration bias) then I guess your rank might not change much though. Is that what you are talking about?

Originally Posted by NotShadow View Post
I've played against LEs/LEMs as an MGE

Well thats 2/3 ranks above so yeah they aren't much better :P I believe that in the old system you could be matched +-4 depending on the circumstances, as DMG I had a few games against GE stacks lol.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jan 10, 2016 at 06:16 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff