Toribash
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
What is postpatch mg equal to prepatch? SFMC? GE?

MG1 is now just people who were DMG, LE or LEM.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
If you won your first 5 out of 7 games or so I think it pretty much solidifies your rank.

so most mg's are probably legit mg's or le/supreme

Rank was restratified so this shouldn't be possible unless you were really lucky and won against legit people of much much higher rank and stole enough ELO to move up.

Actual MG is now GN1 I believe. MGE is about GN2 or 3.
Originally Posted by SpartaCraft View Post
MG1 is now just people who were DMG, LE or LEM.

I don't know anyone from those ranks who got any higher than GNM after the shift. I have a few GE friends who moved down to LEM/LE, and a guy that was LEM moved to GN2 (probably lost a game he shouldn't have during the shift and had a ton of elo stolen).

According to volvo you shouldn't actually have changed elo much because matchmaking should be based on elo. Thus all DMG should be around GN3 for example. "Solidifying rank" isn't really possible because even in your first game you will probably 'drop' 2 or 3 ranks even if you win by a huge margin.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
How does everyone drop so much? I deranked after like 20 games of playing after the update, and that was mostly due to my piss-poor performance and my refusal to just take a break.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
They changed the elo to rank mapping, so instead of say 1600 being LEM, 1600 is now GNM and LEM is 2200 (for example). Thus unless you were top of GE and didn't move down (eg you were at 5000, GE was at 3000 and now is at 4000) then you should have moved down.

If you didn't move down, then just be thankful because that's probably a glitch XD Although theoretically you could have just had some crazy lucky games and stolen enough elo to "stay" at your old rank, but that's super unlikely (since you aren't actually keeping rank but instead you are actually ranking up).

I won 3 games, and it pushed me down 5 ranks (DMG ->GN3) ^^

Also even though volvo said that mm is purely by elo not by rank, has anyone actually seen people +-5 ranks playing against them? I've only seen people within 1 rank of me in any game. That seems super unlikely.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff