Ranking
Changed collab to regular replay
Attached Files
%Fire - First come.rpl (246.0 KB, 19 views)
%Fire - Reverse.rpl (362.1 KB, 22 views)
%Fire - 440 Problems.rpl (306.9 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by Firesun; Sep 5, 2015 at 05:47 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I should have checked myself..." ~ Guy who wrecked himself
#TopKek
Hi I like people
-----
how could I forget the dank memes im a disgrace
Attached Files
[S]Redneck from Mississippi.rpl (171.7 KB, 16 views)
[S]Teaeeeeeeeee.rpl (167.6 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Static; Sep 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Why do people do this stuff:

-Didn't really like the opener at all was slow, and a bit boring for me.

-kick was alright, but just getting the dm's isn't enough. Always try and have some kind of follow through to make a hit look stronger.

-Decap was alright. I like how you got that speed towards the end, if something like that was in the opener that would have made the replay much more enjoyable to watch. And as proved there, you are completely capable of doing it.

Redneck: This one is more like it.

- Its nice that this one is much more lively, you can show more of your style in this and its pretty good.

- Setups are pretty good, and dm's aren't too shabby.

-Make more like this.

Tea(e x 24):

This replay isn't finished...

To keep it real, I never liked it when people would post replays that aren't finished. It makes me feel like they are lazy and don't really care about the application at all. Really clouds the perception of the reviewer. Its kinda like when someone has a typo in the title of their paper, you begin to view the material in a different manner than you normally would have.

At least try and make an effort to make it look completed at least.

La De Da:

- This one is okay I guess, the little dance at the beginning was decent followed by a nice couple quick hits. The hits themselves weren't too bad but I was kinda upset that the replay ended there. Might just be me but I prefer a little more content to go on, unless you can pull off a lot of style in a basic replay. Gives me more to look at.

I wasn't sure which one was the collab so I just reviewed all of them.

Sadly its gonna be a no for now. Don't take it personally, but a couple of the replays seemed really bland. Try and have some kind of little wow factor in any replay you make to keep the viewer interested. Yours were either a hit or miss I'm afraid.

Feel free to apply again, but for me its going to be a no.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
regarding the no collabs policy

i never even heard of such thing, but its plausible so i am ok with it being a real rule now. i asked Shookman to add it to the OP, plus the waiting a month rule.

anyone who recently applied with a collab (re: Firesun), my apologies. i will ask you to exchange your collab replay with a different replay.

read this recruiters

please enforce ONLY the rules you see in the first post of this thread. if you want to suggest a rule, go on irc and talk to me or Larfen or Shook or Tamer0 (ahahahahahaha) and someone with mod powers will add it to the original post. unwritten rules are confusing and unfair to applicants, so consider a rule in effect only if it is stated in the OP.
Last edited by pusga; Sep 5, 2015 at 01:14 AM.
oh yeah
Ok i changed the collab to a different replay now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#TopKek
Firesun

First come: I commend you for going with something as difficult as a -30 manip and succeeding (for the most part) at it.

the opener was nothing spectacular, it is just there to get you into a good position. however, there are a few movements that seem to be a result of carelessness, such as the left elbow being contracted, relaxed and contracted again between frames 400 and 350, with no practical effect and little visual appeal imo.

another example of the same mistake is the quick right shoulder raise-lower-raise between frames 300 and 280, which was obviously a result of meticulous aiming. it is a difficult thing to avoid doing if you are not paying attention, and the only in very particular instances does it go unnoticed, specifically when travelling or rotating at very high speeds.

I am willing to overlook the fact that you bruised most of your torso during the manip, because I have never done a -30 manip longer than 100 frames and because it is a huge challenge.

I am not sure if i like the split. on one hand, it transitions to the pose perfectly, but on the other hand it is a bit anti climatic and simplistic after something so pompous and complex as a -30 manipulation. I do not necessarily believe that single/simple dismemberments are worse than lots of dms or hits, but in this particular case it felt like the manip built up my expectations for something clever and neat, which the split did not exactly deliver. I am aware that your position did not allow you many different ways to approach this, but i think i would pick almost any other route besides going directly for the hit.

I am almost never a fan of ground impact decaps, especially if they look unintentional or accidental (and therefore lazy). I have made -30 ukebashing replays before, and ground dms kept happening whether I wanted them or not. because of that, I developed some sort of stigma against those, unless they look completely intentional (for example: throwing bodyparts at the ground in order to dismember them). right now, decaps such as that just look like the "easy way out", if you know what i mean.

Reverse: I like this opener. once again, trouble keeping your arms in a comfortable position at 940, your right elbow is relaxed and then contracted very quickly. I understand the practical effect of this, it is useful for getting the spins on. if you want to avoid those though, try to look at your arms once in a while during spins or flips. relax some joints and observe where the momentum pulls them. if you want to look smooth, if want to try and follow through those movements without looking sudden or abrupt. this is usually achieved by extending/contracting the joint during one or two frames, and relaxing it after that. it will move to the desired position smoothly.

however, this one was much less flagrant than last replay, where your arm was spazzing out. here, it is not as big of a problem, atleast imo.

(I am assuming that you did not do those elbow extensions/contractions on purpose, since doing them on purpose is an incredibly unusual stylistic approach. besides that, it does not make your movements look intentional, and it makes it harder to use your arms when you need them if they are constantly changing positions so i would recommend avoiding it since it is not a good idea regardless of opinion)

after that, very impressive display of execution. the dms were impressive, you clearly know how to hit uke.

I am almost never a fan of hitting uke when he is on the ground, but the crotch boom I do not mind at all, because the transition was sweet and trying to lift uke's lower body at such a high gravity would surely force you to make weird movements and distort your body, due to all the weight you would be carrying on your tori. all in all, simply airstriking the crotch was the best option from my POV.

not a huge fan of the anti pose. was it really impossible to pose from that position? genuinely asking, I have no experience with posing in -30.

440 problems: I am not very bothered by the fact that this is from an opener challenge, your other two replays already showed how you make your openers and what is good/bad about them.

I think you made good use of the given opener, you seem to be good at gathering momentum.

practically nothing else for me to say about this replay, because this is pretty much an ORMO worthy replay (i still dont get that anti pose meme though). good hits and transitions, and the one particular thing I enjoyed in this was how much better your movement was compared to the other two replays. you seemed more comfortable using relax and hold, and did not have the arm spasms I mentioned in the other replays.

you have 1 replay that is ormo worthy (440 problems), 1 that is borderline ormo (reverse) and one that did not impress me so much (first come). my decision here is to ask you to swap out First come for another replay, since you are so close. if you can post a replay as good as 440 Problems, I will accept you. I advise you to avoid posting another replay with an opener from an opener challenge though. one OC replay is acceptable, but two makes it harder for me to judge the quality of your openers.
good luck
Last edited by pusga; Sep 5, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
oh yeah
about the pose in reverse, im sure it wa spossible for me to pose, but i would have to move kind of awkwardly to do it since my right foot would probably be off the ground

Also here is the other replay
Attached Files
%Fire - Turbo.rpl (352.7 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by Firesun; Sep 5, 2015 at 08:52 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#TopKek