Toribash
I liked those more becaue of Darth Maul ( yes, a dual lightsaber wielding Sith is good enough for me) and how Anikin turned to the dark side. Sure, all of them are pretty epic but something about the original 3 made it seem a bit fairy tale-ish, with all that adventuring and stuff. There wasn't as much suspense in them as in Episode 1 and 3, or I dk how to explain it too clear. In a way, Episode 1 and 3 had more of a dark feel surrounding them.

Also I watched them in blu-ray, so the effects part wasn't that much different as far as looks go ;p
There wasn't as much suspense in them as in Episode 1 and 3

Welcome back to the 80's when people watched movies were you did not miss anything when you blinked :P But I guess it is just ashame you havent seen them sooner ( before all the effects of nowadays ).
Your mind is already used to speedy scene to scene chaotic action like driven movies.Few movies from before the 90's will probably entertain you.

HOWEVER.. there is a cure..

You can go back to having patience and change the filters trough which you see a movie. It will not be easy.. young padawan.

The only thing you will have to do is watch this =>Ran<= 3 times in a row with only 1 toilet break. Make sure you are alone and keep your focus.

Time and movement will seem to disolve from eachother.

It is not pleasant but it is a cure, for after this you will be able to watch
any movie from the 70's and 80's and they will all seem action packed.
"I dissaprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"
me 2,
Also Ran is epic, watch Rashomon 2
but I have a better suggestion Le grand bleu, that will teach you patience. I always put this move on when I can't sleep .
Also watch older stuff.
A few years ago I watched a few movies from each decade since they invented motion pictures. And you know what some are still epic. Here's a few, I can fill this list all day

Metropolis soundless SF, epic
M soundless thriller, that rly thrills you

do you thinkany of the contemporary directors can achieve such a thing, I doubt

Maltese Falcon, The -I had to put Humphrey, and I like this more than Blanca. Some like Sunset blvd more but thats in the 50s.

12 Angry men - a movie shot in one room with 15 actors. One long hard discussion.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - no comment, just watch it
Barry Lyndon - best cinematography, period. Kubrick had the touch, and knew how to use the camera.

Once Upon A Time In America - 4 h move that you can watch over in the same day
Delicatessen - heh, it was this or Amelie, but this was more memorable.

Perfume - epic book, epic movie
wishful eyes deceive me
Well, I read everything, and instead of writting a complex argument proving why you're all wrong, I'll just say this.

Episode 1 had Darth Maul, and Episode 3 was the birth of Darth Vader
/thread

xD
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
12 Angry men - a movie shot in one room with 15 actors. One long hard discussion.

i saw that movie on my philosofy class

it was interesting
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
Man oh man, Missuse, what a list :P
You probably gave allot of visualized sleeping pills there.
Maybe Ill check them out

I usually watch movies together with my gf, problem is she
could even fall asleep with the apartment on fire.

Think probably with all those movies she would fall asleep allmost instantly.
Though Amelie kept her attention as well as perfume.

We watched Ran last night, every now and then I had to walk to the kitchen to see if she was still awake.. (<= lame )

But seriously that movie was slow as hell, nice psycopathic moments once in a while though, and a decent story, but to me it was not to special. Think it would be better as a play or maybe a book.

Have you seen Gran Torino I liked that one very much.
"I dissaprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Well, I read everything, and instead of writting a complex argument proving why you're all wrong, I'll just say this.

Episode 1 had Darth Maul, and Episode 3 was the birth of Darth Vader
/thread

xD

Reviews of the first 3 movies:
Each about an hour long.
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/
I R IRONMAN
Gran Torino was good, I rly liked it, from that period, Wrestler and Gran Torino are my favorite.
I like Eastwoods work since he played in spaghetti westerns to his recent work where he is the director too.

my favorite directors are:
Kubrick - I consider every single movie he made a masterpiece. Paths of Glory, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket being my favorite ones.
Jeunet and Caro - Amelie and Delicatessen
Coens - shit, everything they make is epic, I didn't enjoy that much only No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man. But Lebowski, Fargo, Millers Crossing, Burn after Reading, need I say more?
Tarantino - jesus what a twisted genious
Ritchie - Two smoking barrels and snatch are insta classics
Boyle - Trainspotting is the movie I watched the most times, and one of the best movies of all time for me. Few can make a good and interesting movie with just one guy stuck in a big rock, but he managed.
Lang - German genius of silent film
Leone - he knew how to make someone look uber cool

enough
wishful eyes deceive me
Trainspotting - How the baby on the ceiling allways creeped the shit out of me.

To be honest I never really paid any attention to who wrote the film, or who directed it.
I just like the movie, or I dont ;p I did not even know the shining&full metal jacket were also kubrick's work. I only knew about a clockwork orange being his, and I hate/love that movie. Now I feel a little better about kubrick.. lol

I should really get into it more, that way I will have less confrontations with shitty movies ghehe. I know about 70% of what you mentioned above, and most of it are movies I have watched many many times.

As for Lang, I am curious about the silent movies as well but at thesame time I really dont know if I have the patience anymore, or I'll drink some wine with it maybe that will help :P