Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

The weight control is part of top pressure. If we expand on lock down ideas we could try using Gab tricks to pin hands to legs. Or just flat out block arms between you and your opponents body.
We need to get more people involved in this project though.
-----
But first it would help to define what a lock down really is, because the subject is obviously open to confusion.
Last edited by Iskenos; Sep 26, 2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Go back and watch the replays I've already posted in the first post concerning this, they don't all look like snap downs. I think the best example is #4.

I really like this song both as a listener and singer of it.
Last edited by Merc; Oct 5, 2016 at 06:29 PM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
You're using youtube tag wrong. Don't use the full hyperlink; only use the playback id. It should look like this: (youtube)BUYdbSxLy(/youtube)
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
With Metallica actually releasing a good song for the first time in 26 fucking years, here's one of my favorites...
Not so much a technique, but a principle
So, training for a wrestling tournament recently has me thinking about mat domination. I find that in wrestling, and to some extent in judo, it's always an advantage to dominate the center of the mat space in a fight, that said, you can still lose with good "center control," but it's never a bad thing to have. Watching some replays here and there has made me realize how much I use center control in Toribash. Aikido.tbm and greykido.tbm for sure has a large amount advantages that come with center control. This isn't as direct when it comes to ABD, but definitely has a place, it's obvious you want your opponent between you and the closest border of the dojo. I've noticed how much I use center control in Toribash, and maybe you guys can realize how crucial it is in most aikido mods.
Some replays demonstrating good "center control." Notice the position of my tori in relation to the center of the dojo, and how I aim to get my opponent out of the center ASAP.
Attached Files
Full Throw 2.rpl (60.1 KB, 4 views)
Basic Suplex 1.rpl (49.1 KB, 3 views)
Kata Guruma 2.rpl (52.1 KB, 3 views)
Sumi Gaeshi.rpl (41.4 KB, 3 views)
Full Throw 1.rpl (43.7 KB, 3 views)