Toribash
Originally Posted by bluepheonix View Post
wow LT no wonder ur the harbinger of logic. Thanks anyways, this really helps me a lot and btw i tried smoking and drinking but not drugs. i dont intend to do drugs but smoking and drinking really taste bad. I don't get why people like to smoke and drink

Eh, cigarettes are drugs aswell. Also you better should start drinking, because else you will drown. And cola doesn't even taste bad imo

Oh and btw, not even trying out smoking or drinking alcohol is the best thing you can do.
Originally Posted by bluepheonix View Post
wow LT no wonder ur the harbinger of logic. Thanks anyways, this really helps me a lot and btw i tried smoking and drinking but not drugs. i dont intend to do drugs but smoking and drinking really taste bad. I don't get why people like to smoke and drink

People smoke and drink usually because they're addicted to it, and for alcohol, to run away from their problems. Only cowards and idiots drink.

Personally, I've never touched a cigarrette or any type of alcohol (for recreational use, I do drink a sip at weddings and such festive occasions), and I believe that's the best way to live life. No extra money to be wasting, no addiction to quell, you're free to do whatever you want.

Some think that drugs and alcohol are "cool", but let's see how "cool" they are in the Intensive Care Unit because of a drug overdose or lying dead at a house party, drowned in their own vomit.
I have to disagree with you Silent , I smoke because it was a stupid choice I made when I was younger not because I have problems . Quitting smoking is one of the most difficult habbits you can quit , crack is easier to kick. The only ones who ever says different are the ones who have never smoked before . And as for drinking , I dont see anything wrong with alcohol unless it is abused . What is so wrong about having a small glass of 50 year old brandy at the end of the day ? Have you ever considered that maybe some people like the taste rather then getting drunk ?

Try not to jump to conclusions and judge others on there actions even if you have your own narrow minded thoughts on a subject.

The only people that seem to think its cool are those who are imature and 14 years old, the others who do not are the smart individuals or not so popular people in highschool.

So on a light subject , here is an early release of my new parkour mod . I am trusting all of you not to pull a stunt like the time before and leak it . I repeat , DO NOT UPLOAD, GO ONLINE OR SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE . I am taking a chance doing this for you guys so dont trun around and make me regret it .
Attached Files
+++PK.tbm (23.2 KB, 7 views)
A hand would be good , I have two other mods to make . I think I had told you about them before hand but , they will be replicas if actual spots found in real life . The next two will be about half the size of the one above so they will be ment for small parkour sessions . The way I see it , the smaller the enviroment , the more detailed it can be . Search around for some cool looking spots on a video or a photo and we will colaberate .

The most important thing that will be in the mods is the realistic feel to it , color wise , structures and the little things . PM me .
Originally Posted by TRichard21 View Post
I have to disagree with you Silent , I smoke because it was a stupid choice I made when I was younger not because I have problems . Quitting smoking is one of the most difficult habbits you can quit , crack is easier to kick. The only ones who ever says different are the ones who have never smoked before . And as for drinking , I dont see anything wrong with alcohol unless it is abused . What is so wrong about having a small glass of 50 year old brandy at the end of the day ? Have you ever considered that maybe some people like the taste rather then getting drunk ?

Try not to jump to conclusions and judge others on there actions even if you have your own narrow minded thoughts on a subject.

The only people that seem to think its cool are those who are imature and 14 years old, the others who do not are the smart individuals or not so popular people in highschool.

My uncle quit smoking in about 6 months after several years of pack-a-day smoking. I don't tolerate excuses of "it's too hard", so here's my simple, logical 3-step plan to rid yourself of tobacco:

1) Find out how many cigarettes you smoke a week.
2) Every week, smoke 1 fewer cigarettes than you did the previous week. Continue this until you reach one cigarette a week.
3) Stop smoking.

That wasn't so hard, was it? I got off energy drinks and energy pills this way, and caffiene is an extremely addictive compound, maybe more than nicotine. (Gasp! Something worse than tobacco? That's just impossible!)

Secondly, there are plenty of people above 14 who drink because it's "cool", like people in college. The legal drinking age here is 21, and college students are as young as 18. What do you think they do at parties? Why do you think they drink, because it tastes good?

There are responsible drinkers, and I use responsible here extremely loosely, but most drink because they want to "fit in" and get wasted, which is the worst reason there could ever be to drink.
Last edited by SilentAssassin; Dec 11, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
I'm 14, at a Family convention such as a Birthday, wedding or something like that my Dad lets me have a glass of Wine/alcohol, but strictly nothing more. I and most of the people I know wouldn't class that as 'drinking' and not being harmful, we don't have Birthday parties often, maybe once or twice every two months. When I'm at a friends party without parents and such, I don't drink at all, because I of the bad things that could come into effect, even with one glass.

I know I'm not the one to talk about alcohol and such, but I've seen the things that it can do from a first-hand view. Just make sure that when you are going to have a few glasses of what ever it may be, make sure that you are with mature and responsible people, just in case.
drinking is still fine but when u over drink its already not good. Like what Trichard said. A glass of wine per month is considered healthy. Anything that is over the limit is bad except for drugs. Any amount of drugs is bad.
For me its been 14 years of smoking and if you think a three step plan is all it takes is just ignorant , you seem to have it all figured out for someone who has never smoked a day in there life but did you ever stop and think about how people who have smoked for a long period of time dont exactly stop craving them? Some one who has quit for say , 20 years still have cravings every single day and can pick it back up in an instant.
And energy drinks Silent ? Seriously ? I really hope your not comparing the two equaly . Now im not making an excuse for my habbit but to say that " just dont smoke " is by far easier said then done .

Actualy yes alcohol can taste good , you apparently have some sort of vendeta against everyday people . Have you ever been to a club , event or spent a friday night having drinks with your good freinds ? I dont think you have , everyone hits a certian age where party'n is the thing to do ( like in collage) but then most realise that hangovers are not worth it so they dont get "smashed" when drinking.
Another wall of text, it would appear.
Wow, this is turning into a great discussion about addictions. Good to see. Here are my thoughts on the subject

I don't agree with Silent that only cowards and idiots drink. I believe the reason people consume alcohol is because it helps them relax and chill out. Most of the people I know drink alcohol on special occasions, and they also drink when they get together for a group outing. They're not alcoholics by any means, it just helps them relax and it takes the edge off. I seriously doubt anyone drinks alcohol for the taste(judging by the smell most alcohol tastes like flaming crap in liquid form), they do it for the effect it has on them. None of them are weak characters(since I'm very specific on who I befriend), but nearly all of them drink occasionally. They are all good people, and it doesn't dictate their life or anything.

About smoking, I agree with Richard that it's easier said than done. If you're a smoker and you really want to stop smoking, it takes a lot of self-control and self-discipline. Sadly, the majority of the people are very weak in that regard, and I dislike weak-minded people who don't at least attempt to become stronger(Richard, this is not aimed at you in any way. I'm pretty sure that you aren't weak-willed). However, even if you have a lot of self-control, it won't amount to anything if you don't have the strong desire to kick the habit. You really have to look at it realistically and decide whether or not you really want to do anything. You have to tell yourself what you want to achieve and you have to work very hard in order to achieve it. Of course, you must set realistic goals. Really wanting to grow wings won't make it so, no matter what you do(at least at this point in time). But for things that are definitely within the realm of the possible, you have to work hard and you have to work smart.

That's discipline, that's how progress is made. Discipline is basically the art of doing what you don't want to do in order to achieve what you want to achieve. An example: pretty much everyone wants to have a strong, good-looking body. Nobody wants to work out. Nobody. Even professional athletes don't want to work out. But many people desire to be agile and physically strong. Those of them who really, really want it will work in that direction. They will realize that it is a hard, time-consuming process. But they will want that result. And if they have the conviction and the mental fortitude to go through with the immensely boring training involved, they will achieve their goal or they will die trying(literally or metaphorically). The ends would justify the means. That's how shit gets done. It takes a strong character to look at yourself realistically and admit that you aren't where or what you want to be largely because you don't really try, or because you don't try hard enough, or because you make bullshit excuses every time it gets hard so you can feel better about yourself. Same thing with quitting smoking or any other addiction, for that matter. It takes a lot of willpower to defeat addictions, but in the end it's worth it. At least I think so.

To me personally, the very idea of being dependent on any substance(except vital things like food, water, oxygen, etc) is horrible. I would fucking hate myself if I was addicted to anything. To me it would mean would mean that I am weak to the point where I lack any sort of conviction, letting even inanimate man-made objects severely influence my behavior or mental state. A spiritual parallel with religion could be made. I despise most people who believe that someone or something else is calling the shots, denying any responsibility for their actions because supposedly there is a higher power in control. Thinking you have no control over yourself, what you do, say or think is the ultimate form of submission, and to me it would mean that you lack any sort of personal pride or honor. It's basically admitting that you're completely worthless and have no self-esteem. Keep in mind I use pride only in the sense that one can be proud when one has achieved anything through personal efforts, when they were personally and ultimately responsible for that achievement. Being proud to be American/Japanese/Izraeli/Egyptian/etc is fucking moronic, you had very little to do with any of that - you just happened to be born on a patch of Earth that generations of people before you had conquered and "made their own". Being proud to have made a significant contribution to physics, being proud to have overcome adversity, being proud to be a good artist - that is something else entirely, because that you did through effort and determination. However, it's a fine line between pride and arrogance. I like it when people admit that they're actually pretty awesome but still maintain some modesty, but I hate it when people are full of hot air.

Being the guy I am, I've had a very strong personal code of honor since I was young. Maybe it's because I was an avid reader even then, and all of the heroes(and anti-heroes) of the awesome books I read had a strong set of principles to which they adhered. Through that I have been able to vastly improve myself in a number of ways. Of course I don't hold everyone to my code, but I do follow it and it isn't detrimental to anyone who doesn't deserve it. I believe I also have a strong sense of justice(and it has got me into a lot of trouble), which is rarely convenient for the majority of stupid people around. In the words of George Bernard Shaw(a man I have a lot of respect for) - "I dislike cruelty, even cruelty to other people, and should therefore like to see all cruel people exterminated.". I approve of violence only when it is absolutely necessary, and when it is used for justice. An example of the first: Predators need to kill prey in order to survive. There's nothing they can do about that, it's in their nature. They have to eat. If there were abundant food I hardly think they'd bother killing prey. An example of the second: When violence is used to punish those who would harm others. A child rapist, a sadistic murderer or a serial killer(if he kills innocent creatures) should be treated without any mercy. As should any violent criminal.

Getting really sidetracked here, so back to addictions, specifically smoking. I just can't figure out how one starts smoking in the first place. I don't get the appeal. It smells horrible, leading me to believe that it tastes horrible, it is detrimental to your health, it's expensive and it affects other people whether you like it or not. It bothers me before when someone smokes near me, I'm forced to breathe this polluted air even if that's not what the person intended. If someone wants to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and do drugs and that does absolutely no harm to anyone, by all means, let him/her be. I have a problem when someone else's addiction gets in my way and forces me to experience the negative consequences of something I don't even approve of. Like I mentioned above, I believe any habit can be kicked with enough willpower and motivation.

@Richard: It's just that you seem more extroverted than us, while me and Silent are introverts. To me, clubbing is not a pleasurable activity, and I dislike partying in the typical sense of the word. I don't drink or smoke and I can relax just fine without any type of alcohol. I'd much rather go hiking, climbing or snowboarding with friends. Staying at one place and drinking really isn't my idea of fun. A gaming night is fine, any type of sports activity is fine, going to see movies or plays is fine, going to concerts is fine, chilling in parks is fine I just don't get why alcohol needs to get involved. And it is known that some people really do drink to avoid their problems, but that is not the case most of the time. To me, alcohol is good for burning and some types are good disinfectants. As long as anyone is an addict without bothering anyone but him/herself, I have no issues with that.

P.S: This turned out a lot longer than I'd expect it to be. Contains an unusually high amount of curse words. Interesting topic, to say the least
Last edited by lordtiger; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Minor edits and clarifications.
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT