Ranking
Originally Posted by Tamer0 View Post
Tell you what exbattle, you seem determined to get in so I'll set a small challenge. Make me a no-grab madman starting from 150+ engage distance, preferably launching yourself at uke, and get 4 or more dismemberments.

I've attached an example of the sort of replay I mean. I would make a new one but I've got a bit of work to finish off tonight so this one from a few months ago will have to do. If you accept this, good luck.

Oh, and thanks Magix. I'll try to keep it up.

Can I do that too? I really wanna join this Org
RIP ∑
master of the universe
iam zlox but in replys iam mojerti ok?

REVIEWED
Attached Files
razriv+.rpl (154.5 KB, 15 views)
split+decap.rpl (128.7 KB, 9 views)
decap =).rpl (109.7 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Tamer0; May 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM.
I got some comments on you Zlox:
-No relaxation.you don't use the limp style do you?It's better to relax all joints then hold all.
-No full body use and control.When you are using your hands to tear a part of uke's body,your legs weren't moving at all.And vice versa.when you use your legs,you don't move your arms.You should control all joints at the same time to get better results.
-And lastly,you double posted.
Originally Posted by Ardgevald View Post
Can I do that too? I really wanna join this Org

What I meant with his challenge was to make that replay and then I'd judge it as a possible way to get in so yeah. You can do it too if you want but it'll be judged as your madman replay so you'll need an individual decap replay and split replay too.

Also, I might not have time to get any proper comments due to a load of work I have still to do (due tomorrow, no less) so my recruiting might come to a standstill today. If I get free time later on, I'll have a little look around but don't hold your breath. Fingers crossed, I'll be caught up by tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Tamer0 View Post
Busy, busy, busy. Time to get down to work.

Coleco: I agree with my fellow members, you are good. A few of the poses could do with a little work, a few less jerky movements, etc. but your skill level is high enough for entry methinks. Congrats, you're in.

Nobuddie: Again, there's a bit of a lack of momentum in the madman along with a few hits that served not much of a purpose (no dismemberments, no manipulation, etc) and a bit too much close quarter grab (you took a third of the damage uke took, over 100k) from my pespective. Nice flow into the pose though, that looked pretty good. Same comments on the split as before... As for the decap, the opener and actual kick was a bit of a let down but you surprised me with the walking, that looked pretty cool. One tip for afterwards, try to stick in one pose. Going for one pose and then changing it after a little while because you're falling, repeatedly, disturbs the ending a bit. I'm afraid I'll have to say no again but you had a few bright sparks in there. Play on them when making newer replays, it could help. Try keeping your movements a bit smoother too. (Wow, that was a long comment :o)

exbattle: I'm tempted to let you in but there are a few things I've noticed in some of your replays. Moving uke (possibly just one joint a couple of frames beforehand*) is generally regarded as a bit of a cheat in replay making. If you've got enough skill, prove it by beating him up without using his joint movements. Also (this might just be my toribash screwing so I'm not accusing you of anything) one of your shots* in your latest replay posted, when I edited the hit 1 frame before, I couldn't get the same dismemberments you've managed. Whether this was a glitch in your toribash, a glitch in my toribash or something else, I don't know. It's probably my toribash, it's happened before to me, but if any replay makers could double check this for me, I'd be grateful. So far it's a maybe from me. Any opinions from other recruiters?

*Frame 304-303 on "#a punch madman" is an example of both things I have mentioned above.

Tempo: I must say, that split was not too bad at all. Good spin into the kick, I liked it. Although the madman used one grab for around 150 frames (a little bit dodgy in my book) the kicks were pretty darn good indeed. Unfortunately, holding all on uke does count as moving him and as much as I want to allow it, rules are rules. If you've got a similiar level of replay containing no moving of uke, I'd be glad to see it. The decap wasn't as good as your other two but hey, it wasn't too bad either. Could've done with a bit more speed off the launch in my opinion, was a bit slow in the air. I like the look of what I'm seeing though, replace the madman first though. Good luck.

Ardgevald: Firstly, please don't leave unintentional self-dismemberments in a replay. Sure, it might happen in multi player but in single player you have the opportunity to edit out any mistakes you might have made. Secondly, some original openers wouldn't go amiss. So far I've been a Dafe punch, a Nighend kick, a judo opener and a stereotypical decap kick. Thirdly, have a little look around at the standard, style and technique of replays of both the people who have just been accepted into ORMO and current ORMO members. Give yourself a little while to improve and when you think you're up to that level, feel free to reapply.

Phew, finished. Congrats Coleco for making it in, commiserations to Nobuddie and Ardgevald, better luck next time. I'll be keeping an eye on exbattle and Tempo, you two are still hanging there in the balance, good luck.

I've never ever gotten such feedback before :O

Thank you very much.

I will be back.
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
I've never ever gotten such feedback before :O

Thank you very much.

I will be back.

You've very welcome. Thanks for applying and I look forward to your rearrival.

Here we go,

Larfen: Well, the madman had a decent opening move but the action was mostly over after 140 frames. Also, I seem to recognise that opener as being one used publicly, try experimenting with custom openers for single player. It looked just like you were lining up a kick for the decap as well before changing it into a little punch shuffle. If you find that one move works better, editing the replay from a bit earlier and changing your joint movements can line up better shots and make it look more like you know what you're doing. Onto the split, you looked like you were struggling to get off the ground with the higher gravity. Also, it was quite symmetrical, as you pointed out, which does mark it down a bit for me. A few awkward moves afterwards, a few good moves, it was ok going into the pose. The tripod pose you used did look quite stiff, as did a few other moments of your replay although you did flow into it a certain amount. The decap was a pretty generic one, I've seen this sort of move hundreds of times now. Coming up with something completely original can boost a replay from mediocre to spectacular. Keep that in mind. I'm afraid it'll have to be a no right now, some things you could work on are the smoothness in your replays and perhaps a bit more time spent in editing.

Zlox: Good lord, that was one heck of a long grab, 450 frames :o Half of the dismemberments were due to the grabby hand being contracted/extended so that took away from the style in my mind. Also, there was little usage of momentum, which could be improved. Another thing I noticed, several of the hits in the replay seemed to have no purpose (no dismemberment, no manipulation, etc) so editing (if used already) could be improved on. Finishing the replay in a pose would've helped as well. Not bad on the dismemberment count but I'm afraid the style wasn't really there. As for the split replay, although this type of opener is pretty overused, the kick wasn't too bad. A bit stiff maybe but hey, it was ok. Apart from that split, your dismemberments seem to need grab most of the time to be achieved so that could do with a bit of work. I would've preferred if the decap replay was made in classic but I'll mark it anyway. Opener looked pretty good and the decap wasn't too bad at all. It looked more advanced compared to your other replays. Kept moving after the decap which is good. Nearly managed a pose but fell over unfortunately. A bit of editing could've changed that, mind. I'll have to go with the same as Larfen and say no right now. It wasn't too bad but I felt it wasn't up to the necessary level for entry. Some improvisation on openers and a bit more editing could help improve.

Finally, exbattle: I'm going to talk with some of the other recruiters so no more replays will be needed. Sorry this is taking so long, I'm just a bit unsure as to my decision. I hope you understand.

Commiserations Larfen and Zlox, better luck next time.
Last edited by Tamer0; May 6, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Damn. Tamer0 is a pretty pro recruiter ;o
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when