Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Well luckily i'm on my way home, so first thing i do when im there is post some techniques into TL bc the other guys are lazy f-i mean super cool people.

Then after that i gotta edit my clanthread and work on monkeyishi's event.

And then maybe i still have some time to actually play. If i do, i'll maybe check the t4 and what i have already and maybe try working on it again.

And THEN if i still got time, i'll land some roux whips

Ans after that, i'll just play for fun... If i still have time ;-;
Spring Kick?
I know I'm new to the team, but I'd like to have a go at technique development. This snap kick/sweep kick (depending on how you use it) was designed to be versatile to both my striking and grappling style, and has the ability to dismember glutes, hips, and sometimes shoulders and lumbars as well as being very versatile to use in combination with backwards and side-ways throws such as a suplex or yoko otoshi. I named it the spring kick because of the movement of the tori when executing the kick, which begins with contracting into a small form, then exploding into the attack, much like a spring when pressed and released.
Attached Files
Tae Garuma 1.rpl (49.3 KB, 8 views)
Spring Kick 1.rpl (35.9 KB, 8 views)
Spring Kick 4.rpl (38.5 KB, 9 views)
Spring Kick Yoko Otoshi.rpl (46.2 KB, 7 views)
Spring Kick Suplex.rpl (44.1 KB, 11 views)
Tomoe Nage.rpl (57.7 KB, 6 views)
Originally Posted by Iskenos View Post
I know I'm new to the team, but I'd like to have a go at technique development. This snap kick/sweep kick (depending on how you use it) was designed to be versatile to both my striking and grappling style, and has the ability to dismember glutes, hips, and sometimes shoulders and lumbars as well as being very versatile to use in combination with backwards and side-ways throws such as a suplex or yoko otoshi. I named it the spring kick because of the movement of the tori when executing the kick, which begins with contracting into a small form, then exploding into the attack, much like a spring when pressed and released.

This could be something we could use for whenever we make a striking tier. We'll look into it.

Let's not forget about the roux whip
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Of course, but I thought that already went through and everything, I've never really gotten the chance to try it out
I cant see the replays and going of names lockdowns could be fun. Im trying to collect screenshots of common positions i find myself in. Computer died again. So ive lost abit. Anyone else have situations you commonly find your self in. For example half guard. Or side control with a hook wedged in. If we can find enough toribash specific ones we have another point of reference when we try to comunicate ideas. Such as what type of lock down is best where. Or best ways to make life harder for them.
I like that idea. Previously I was calling a "lockdown" just focusing my tori's body weight where my opponent couldn't support it, for example the replay I used to pass the snap down technique in tiers, I considered a lockdown, focusing the weight on his upper body, where I had inside grips and could force his arms around easily. But I realized that that "lockdown" was a snap down instead.