Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Here is a move that I call the "Roux Whip". It works when your opponent has both feet off the ground. To do it, you need at least one arm raised, with the inside leg contracted, and the outside leg extended. Then you arm swap but leave the inside shoulder raised.
Tell me what yall think.
Attached Files
roux whip1.rpl (49.2 KB, 12 views)
roux whip2.rpl (44.1 KB, 12 views)
roux whip3.rpl (44.0 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Sep 4, 2016 at 10:01 AM.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
We need more replays from different people!!! I have around 16 replays that I have chosen...
(╭ರᴥ•́)
I like this move bc its very low risk. There's a lot of opportunity to follow up with chain attacks like ungrabbing then going for the legs. Also if you swing the leg far back you can extend the contracted knee your sitting on and the move would become tai otoshi, at least i think.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
The one you did was good, but the move works better when you have grips on their hands rather than the head. Also, try to get (lift) your opponent higher in the air before setting your feet. The move will be more powerful, and cause them to land flat on their backs. I also like to have my outer shoulder lowered before my feet get set for the whip. I think this contributes to the move's success.

Needs to be tested out some more. We have something going here.
-----
Here is another roux whip.
Attached Files
roux whip4.rpl (59.8 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Sep 8, 2016 at 05:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That's a hip throw!! Dafuq u talking about.

I thought the Roux whip was a spin-drop technique like seoi nage or tai otoshi.
Toribash Martial Artists
It's supposed to be it's own thing. It looked like a hip throw because his feet were on the ground when I hit the move, and my back was fully turned to him. The foot placement and arm swap was the same though. Maybe just call it a variant of the roux whip.
You can't expect a throw as real looking as that to not already exist in judo.

Its not a hip throw because you didn't contract that extended hip so its seoi otoshi.

-----
Or fuck maybe you did do a hip throw idk.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 9, 2016 at 09:27 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists