Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Proof, i need proof. How do you know its better? How is it different? Put it through the development cycle. Show me. Here in New Tch. Dev.

As far as i can tell you do a small lift, pivot back and throw. Unless you can show this is a completely different style of hip throw i would only let you add to the variation spoiler.

The thing is i hate the idea of having two hip throw tutorials but if we can be happy with editing the original and adding to it then lets do that because as i said and quoted below there are limitless variations and setups.

In this tutorial I tried to demonstrate the safest and simplest form of a hip throw. As I previously stated there are endless variations and also multiple setups. These variations mostly come down to the placement of your base foot and your supporting/sweeping leg. The remaining bend and rotate mechanics are all very similar.

Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I will explain my hip throw at a later date. I have a leggrab counter that we can use though.
Last edited by Rouxster; Jun 27, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Aquita's Drop Throw
This is a multi- turn sequence ive been practicing few a couple months and I've had huge success with it. Though it may not work for everybody it fits perfectly with my system of attacks.

Inspiration: Originally I wanted to make a sequence for arm throws like the one and two arm shoulder throws (morote nage and seoi nage, see gifs below). So i knew i need something similar to a hip throw sequence that would allow me to drop low and fast.

Shoulder Throw

Replicate:
So I demo'ed the technique against uke and came out with these. Not bad.
Seoi nage

yama arashi (with sweeping leg)

drop throw

Then I took it into live multiplayer and oh deeer:

First drop throw; i switch base feet, 180 spin drop, plant feet and arm swap. My opponent is off balance and nearly flipped.

Second drop throw; i switch base, then replant the base foot giving me a better angle to snap down. He got no head.

Third drop throw; somehow i get a hip grab and the 180 drop spin lifts him up, once my feet touch down its all over. Slammed flat on his back.

Fourth drop throw; again no throw but you see this move has a high percentage of greatly off balancing your opponent for a snap down.

Firth drop throw; again no throw but i barely drop my level and still i off balance my opponent by coming in at the perfect angle.

Sixth drop throw; Big dojo, i execute the throw and he saves but i quickly lock up half guard and he's in fucksville.

Seoi nage; This sequence works great with the 2 on 1 arm grips, allowing me to land this beautiful judo shoulder throw.

Development:
First i want Roux to post his pancake and maybe we can compare the two techniques, maybe come together on what we can call it.

See if you guys can do this, i would start against openerbot in abd.
Attached Files
demo - drop throw.rpl (33.4 KB, 8 views)
seoi_nage.rpl (30.6 KB, 7 views)
demo - yama arashi.rpl (27.9 KB, 5 views)
judo - drop throw.rpl (38.5 KB, 6 views)
judo - drop throw (2).rpl (33.0 KB, 4 views)
judo - drop throw (3).rpl (38.7 KB, 4 views)
judo - drop throw (4).rpl (33.2 KB, 4 views)
judo - drop throw (5).rpl (33.1 KB, 3 views)
judo - seoi nage (3).rpl (58.0 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 27, 2016 at 05:31 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
What is a pancake?
The drop throw looks extremely similar to a normal hip throw to me. You'll have to explain the difference.
---
I am going to explain the difference between a hip throw and a pancake. I made a quick little graphic to help out.

Hip throws work by using your hips to slighty lift your opponent off the ground, then slamming them down with your upper body.

Pancakes work when your opponent becomes unbalanced trying to force a move. When they try forcing a move, their back will sometimes turn out and face towards the ground. This is when the pancake works best, because all you have to do is pop your hips into them hard. This will cause your opponent to fall directly on their back, giving you the dq. You can't force a pancake, you have to wait until your opponent leaves an opening for it.

A hip throw can usually be distinguished from a pancake by looking at your opponent's back when you start the move. If their back is facing away from the ground at the start of the move, it's likely to be a hip throw. If your opponent's back is facing more towards the ground at the start of the move, it's probably a pancake.

I'm going to attach some replays to demonstrate:
hip throw8- This shows a good example of a hip throw. Notice the difference between this move and the ones below. (the hip throw screenshot in the graphic was from this replay)
pancake1- The most perfect example of a pancake. My opponent overextends and exposes his back, so I shoot my hips in, swiftly forcing him to the ground. (the pancake screenshot in the graphic was from this replay)
pancake2- A pretty sketchy pancake, but the pressure generated from my hips gets me the win nonetheless.
pancake3- I counter his shovel by pushing back into him, then he makes the mistake of turning his back and over-extending his hips. I capitalize on that by smashing him with a nasty pancake. Nowhere to go once he hit the floor.
pancake4- He starts out in an unbalanced stance, so I give him a little shove and then slam him to the ground with a quick pancake. Had a nice extra bit of flair because his feet flew. This replay is the closest to a hip throw of the bunch.
pancake5- I noticed that his back was starting to face the ground, so i simply popped my hips into him, and he was finished.

---

Conclusion

Attached Files
hip throw8.rpl (43.9 KB, 4 views)
pancake1.rpl (38.7 KB, 151 views)
pancake2.rpl (32.9 KB, 7 views)
pancake3.rpl (75.7 KB, 6 views)
pancake4.rpl (38.3 KB, 7 views)
pancake5.rpl (38.3 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Jun 27, 2016 at 08:59 AM.
so a pancake is when u jump on them when theyre falling?? isnt that something everyone does though
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
so a pancake is when u jump on them when theyre falling?? isnt that something everyone does though

It does seem so. It looks like the basic suplex counter by using some kind of side control.

i am a bird now - Lil B

i like it i'll add it to my top control stuff. what are the best grabs to have for it? can you do it with only one grab?
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
i like it i'll add it to my top control stuff. what are the best grabs to have for it? can you do it with only one grab?

i think you would need to either grab the furthest arm, the head or the chest to do it with one hand, but it's not impossible
-----
and that dropthrow looks exactly like my playing style x.x i think i'll get a replay for future uses (like in tiers when i take it up again)

Aquita's dropthrow

i would recommend going deeper if you want to stay where you got your inspiration from though
Last edited by Thronior; Jun 27, 2016 at 04:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post

It's best to have at least one inside grip, so you can lock his elbow when he is falling to the ground. If your grips are on the outside, it's more likely that your opponent will save himself from dq.