Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I've made progress with my pancake move. Will post some replays when I get home.
---
I don't like the tai otoshi because of the footwork it requires. You have to pick up your foot and take a step, which makes it easier for your opponent to lift you. It's a cool move, but I don't think it is very practical for when you are facing higher level opponents.

My hip throws are more high percentage because I don't pick up my front foot to take a step. I like to pivot on my front foot and lift my opponent up with my hip. Sometimes I backstep with my back leg if it's necessary.
Last edited by Rouxster; Jun 23, 2016 at 06:43 PM.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
I've made progress with my pancake move. Will post some replays when I get home.
---
I don't like the tai otoshi because of the footwork it requires. You have to pick up your foot and take a step, which makes it easier for your opponent to lift you. It's a cool move, but I don't think it is very practical for when you are facing higher level opponents.

My hip throws are more high percentage because I don't pick up my front foot to take a step. I like to pivot on my front foot and lift my opponent up with my hip. Sometimes I backstep with my back leg if it's necessary.

you don't need to take a step, you can also just turn a bit and pull your opponent, this is not kata
Post some replays of this tai otoshi then.
---
Some more examples of a pancake being applied:
pancake2- I almost get suplexed, but the pressure generated from my hips weighed him down enough to get the dq.
pancake3- My opponent gets in an unbalanced position, and I pancake him.
Attached Files
pancake2.rpl (32.9 KB, 6 views)
pancake3.rpl (75.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Jun 23, 2016 at 10:00 PM.
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
Post some replays of this tai otoshi then.
---
Some more examples of a pancake being applied:
pancake2- I almost get suplexed, but the pressure generated from my hips weighed him down enough to get the dq.
pancake3- My opponent gets in an unbalanced position, and I pancake him.

I'm trying to get some :3
-----
Ok so here's a singleplayer version, i used aquita's opener from the hip throw tutorial replay thingy from the tiers ^^" #english

anyways, i used the same opener but instead of landing with my hip agains his body, i landed a bit more to the side with knee still bend.... it turns out im bad at explaining stuff so just look at it ^^"

the only thing missing now is using it in an actual fight ^^"
Attached Files
tai otoshi 2.rpl (22.3 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by Thronior; Jun 24, 2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
how does one start a tutorial? we could link it into planes from the basics of akido. also if we make it about leg throws in general we can tie together what everyone is working on foot sweep Tai Otoshi , and using the pancake to apply top pressure after.
Last edited by monkeyishi; Jun 24, 2016 at 01:24 PM.
we could create a thread where the already developped techniqes go to, then structure that thread into different martial arts (wrestling, judo/jiujitsu, silat, etc.) then after that we could have subcategories like ashi waza and koshi waza for judo/jiujitsu. (most grappling techniques in jiujitsu are the same in judo and the other way around). Everything could be put in spoilers an then every technique would have Reallife material, Toribash screenshots with explainations, a single player replay, 2 or 3 competitive replays and combination proposals. This way we would have like a techniques in toribash dictionnary, which would be pretty awesome tbh.

But! That's much work... and i suck at making threads ^^" But hey aquita who developped a whole lot of techniques here could do it ;)
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
we could create a thread where the already developped techniqes go to, then structure that thread into different martial arts (wrestling, judo/jiujitsu, silat, etc.) then after that we could have subcategories like ashi waza and koshi waza for judo/jiujitsu. (most grappling techniques in jiujitsu are the same in judo and the other way around). Everything could be put in spoilers an then every technique would have Reallife material, Toribash screenshots with explainations, a single player replay, 2 or 3 competitive replays and combination proposals. This way we would have like a techniques in toribash dictionnary, which would be pretty awesome tbh.

But! That's much work... and i suck at making threads ^^" But hey aquita who developped a whole lot of techniques here could do it ;)

That sounds almost like the knowledge base to me.
-----
okay i think this is long overdue. theres been a lot of great things suggested here but to often we start a new technique without finishing the last. I wrote a simple development process we should follow in the future and appended to the OP.

Technique Development Cycle

-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
how does one start a tutorial? we could link it into planes from the basics of akido. also if we make it about leg throws in general we can tie together what everyone is working on foot sweep Tai Otoshi , and using the pancake to apply top pressure after.

Use my hip throw tutorial as a template. First make a demonstration replay.

Start off explaining the technique, where it came from, a few gif of real life fights. Then go straight into a step by step tutorial with spoilers.
Last edited by footlox; Jun 24, 2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I'm considering making a hip throw tutorial of my own, because my way of doing hip throws is different than aquita's. I use hip throws as a situational move, meaning that the motions of my opponent dictate whether the hip throw is there or not.
If i was a meaner person I'd say no shit sherlock.

But im not so i'll say that every technique should be applied the same way, you adjust to your opponent's reaction. If its not there then don't try it, find something else.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
You missed the point. I hit hip throws a different way then the tutorial one. My way works better, so I'd like to write a tutorial for it.