Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

The Double Touch Rule
The "Double touch rule" is basically what it sounds like, touching something with both arms.
it's a bit more complicated than that but that's about what it comes down to.

Here is what you want to do
Grab a joint with both hands, if you haven't gotten a DM by then move your arms in opposing directions.
Notes
This doesn't always have to be a grab, after all it is called the double touch rule, but grabbing makes a DM much more likely. You can also just grab close to a joint, you don't have to be exactly on it. When you move your arms in opposing directions it should be a violent, jerking movement if you can. Pecs, elbows, and wrists work best. if you don't get a DM you will almost always get a frac.
Also like all thing Related to DM's, this is not guaranteed. since it's not guaranteed perhaps we should just call it "Double Touch".
Attached Files
030.rpl (49.3 KB, 6 views)
096.rpl (71.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Catarax; Apr 5, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
It's hard to get both hands to grab a joint sice most people use a noobclap opener. If you are able to, this would give you full control of the particular arm, leg, where you have the grab. In a mod like aikido, a dismember would be unlikely (maybe a frac).

It also takes great precision to grab a joint with both hands
Don't Be Racist
Sprawl and general antileg grab before and after the fact
i use sprawls as a counter to shovels and leg grabs. against a single leg grab want to try to grab them on the grabbing arm as close to the shoulder as possible. sit heavy on the back leg. with my free hand i want to strike or lock down limbs. once i've sat down to prevent any lifting shenanigans.
the best place i've found to practice sprawls is against a shovel. against a shovel i want an upper arm grab with a contracted wrist and straight elbow to create a T. twist the hip on the same side a the grab away to give you more space to play around with. once you have your T. let your standard skill set take over.

grab prefferences + reasons
over the top hip grab either side- feels like i can sit heavier and my arm is already stretched out for saves.
underhook to leg. very strong leads to slower games
underhook to body can be used with or without grabs so you can toggle for ghost disruption.
over hook good starting point can be used with or without grabs

TLDR: sprawls are applicable in toribash. not as a finisher but as a control postion
Attached Files
akido splitwsdfxcvxv.rpl (51.8 KB, 8 views)
akido sprawlwersxc.rpl (46.6 KB, 12 views)
akido bacopwrsdf.rpl (74.3 KB, 7 views)
akido noshowersfxcv.rpl (40.9 KB, 7 views)
akido noshovwcxva.rpl (48.8 KB, 8 views)
I like sprawls, super effective against shovels and pushes, I will try to explore this more

Also I've been getting into baits recently, they're super effective and usually make games a lot more interesting.

first one is push bait, act like I am going to push, then throw to ground.

next is drop down bait, act like falling, then bounce back up and I go into throwing motion.
Attached Files
push bait.rpl (38.5 KB, 10 views)
bait to leg catch.rpl (30.3 KB, 10 views)
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Eddylee View Post
It's hard to get both hands to grab a joint sice most people use a noobclap opener. If you are able to, this would give you full control of the particular arm, leg, where you have the grab. In a mod like aikido, a dismember would be unlikely (maybe a frac).

It also takes great precision to grab a joint with both hands

True it takes crafty maneuvering to get the 2 on 1 grips but I want to see whats possible when you land these grips. Frac's are super common and pulling power is doubled. Thats why I've been developing arm throws and armdrags with these grips.
But i wanted to see if you could attack the arm/leg itself by twisting and manipulating the limb but it doesn't seem to be a consistent enough technique.
However if you find yourself in the position you can lock the joint from moving and dq that joint. Usually works best with knees and elbows, maybe shoulders. See my example here.

Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
i use sprawls as a counter to shovels and leg grabs. against a single leg grab want to try to grab them on the grabbing arm as close to the shoulder as possible. sit heavy on the back leg. with my free hand i want to strike or lock down limbs. once i've sat down to prevent any lifting shenanigans.
the best place i've found to practice sprawls is against a shovel. against a shovel i want an upper arm grab with a contracted wrist and straight elbow to create a T. twist the hip on the same side a the grab away to give you more space to play around with. once you have your T. let your standard skill set take over.

grab prefferences + reasons
over the top hip grab either side- feels like i can sit heavier and my arm is already stretched out for saves.
underhook to leg. very strong leads to slower games
underhook to body can be used with or without grabs so you can toggle for ghost disruption.
over hook good starting point can be used with or without grabs

TLDR: sprawls are applicable in toribash. not as a finisher but as a control postion

With this I'll add sprawling as a counter to single and double leg takedowns. Many times after sprawling I'll find my opponent wide open for a hook to the face or torso.

Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
I like sprawls, super effective against shovels and pushes, I will try to explore this more

Also I've been getting into baits recently, they're super effective and usually make games a lot more interesting.

first one is push bait, act like I am going to push, then throw to ground.

next is drop down bait, act like falling, then bounce back up and I go into throwing motion.

Very nice Kyuri. The bait to leg catch looked like a hip throw to me.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 9, 2016 at 06:58 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
[TA] Ingame room
Hello,

First of all I'm sorry i didn't have a better name for this thread v.v

BUT! Now that you're here please hear me out

thx in advance ^~^

I'm planning on creating an ingame room (ABD) called TA every day from monday to friday at 3:40-4:40 PM (GMT+1), in which you are all invited to join

The reasons :

It's actually pretty simple... I'm bored... yeah that's it Cx Toribash is a great way to kill time, so i usually play when I'm bored (obviously). The problem is after countless hours of playing it starts to get boring if you don't have the right players to play with. (newbies, showelers, etc.)

Fortunately there are also interesting players, the ones who are actually pretty fun to fight ^~^ Bashers who play by the rules of TA are perfect to fight and watch :3 The fights are simply exciting and interesting.(shit I'm starting to repeat myself <-<)

Long story short, I'm looking for interesting fights

If you wanna join don't hesitate to /jo ta
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (I'll probably add them to the thread too because it's kinda empty ^^")
Cat filler

PS: help me make this thread look better pls T.T I'm a noob at this kind of stuff <-< my ex co-leader made my clanthread ^^"
Last edited by Thronior; Apr 22, 2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Hi im not on the list but i am in TA

So i was messing around with striking and throws. So i kneed this guy and it lifted him up giving me the chance to throw him down

In the second replay i was messing around and a guy snapkicked me but he didnt get one of my hands. so i pulled it back and lifted my knee up blocking it and i found out everytime i did that i'd either get a dm or a fracture.
Attached Files
[S]OHFH.rpl (41.7 KB, 13 views)
[Static]Snap counter dm.rpl (35.7 KB, 17 views)
Make the text smaller please, it's a blast to the face, and i'll try to get on in my free time, most likely will be able to tomorrow.