Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

True but good top pressure makes any mistake more penalizing.
Good guard pull Jedi.
-----
Added to bjj study
Last edited by footlox; Mar 24, 2016 at 01:51 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
You need two hands to suplex but still good replays.
The first replay, abdaz, can qualify as a snap-down.
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
You need two hands to suplex but still good replays.

Yeah, it was just some weird experiment because my one hand was free : p

More replays
Attached Files
aikidozzz.rpl (49.7 KB, 5 views)
ga.rpl (49.5 KB, 5 views)
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Joint-locks Study
BJJ study is now closed due to lack of contributions but I would call it a successful study. But this will derive from that study.
Anyways lets look at the definition of joint lock and come up with our own..

Wikipedia says: "A joint lock is a grappling technique involving manipulation of an opponent's joints in such a way that the joints reach their maximal degree of motion."

Looking at this part: "in such a way that the joints reach their maximal degree of motion".
This means nothing in the toribash domain so I'll change it to: " a limb or section of body becomes immobilized."

TA's definition of a joint-lock: Grappling technique where you commit two or more of your own limbs to manipulate an opponent's joint in a way that their limb becomes immobilized or even broken.

If you think you've achieved something like this lets see it. Armbars included.
-----
After some consideration I updated the definition of a joint-lock to include the general sense of how it could be executed and how it should effect the opponent.
Last edited by footlox; Apr 2, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
BJJ study is now closed due to lack of contributions but I would call it a successful study. But this will derive from that study.
Anyways lets look at the definition of joint lock and come up with our own..

Wikipedia says: "A joint lock is a grappling technique involving manipulation of an opponent's joints in such a way that the joints reach their maximal degree of motion."

Looking at this part: "in such a way that the joints reach their maximal degree of motion".
This means nothing in the toribash domain so I'll change it to: " a limb or section of body becomes immobilized."

TA's definition of a joint-lock: Grappling technique involving manipulation of an opponent's joints in a way that a limb or section of body becomes immobolized.

If you think you've achieved something like this lets see it. Armbars included.

ooooo this is fun, I'll have a crack at it soon, just after state testing.
Also I think this replay may count as a joint lock although its more so a leg catch, but I rendered his leg immobilized sooo, maybe?
Attached Files
leg lock.rpl (44.0 KB, 10 views)
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
I wouldn't say that's a joint lock because you aren't attacking the leg specifically. Instead it looks like you used the kick catch to keep your opponent unbalanced while taking them down. Nicely done.
Toribash Martial Artists
i think its time to re-evaluate.

Good ankle pick hunter.
Toribash Martial Artists
I think I have one, I had a weird grab on my opponents upper arm, and twisted him around. This sort of led to a body wrap where I immobilized his shoulders and pecs which then became fracced. This led to getting the dq outside the ring. Mind helping me with this one?
Attached Files
body wrap.rpl (70.8 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Kyuri; Apr 5, 2016 at 02:27 AM.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
There are many instances during a match where my or my opponents elbows are locked in a semi-contracted state where it is unable to be straightened out. This causes for easy manipulation of the arm to dq. Although the arm is still mobile, the elbow is "joint-locked" in place. I don't have any replays as of yet but I can get some soon to show.

I can see joint lock happening in specifically the hips, knees, and elbows. Less on the leg region because more times than not, you will need a leg grab in order to joint lock and unless you have a perfect leg grab, legs are stronger than arms and therefore a person being leg grabbed can manipulate your whole body through your arm because it is stronger and causes you to be at a disadvantage although most leg grabs are advantageous.
Last edited by Eddylee; Apr 5, 2016 at 04:51 AM.
Don't Be Racist